Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Our hopes of survival..
Will always be greater if this man stays in his current job.

I'm still optimistic.

St Mirren, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone are all poor teams and I'd be really disappointed if we can't finish ahead of at least 2 of them.

Let's discuss this at the end of February!

A good article from Jimmy Mac on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30498980

Ross County manager Jim McIntyre insists it is not a three-horse race at the foot of the Scottish Premiership to avoid relegation.
Third-bottom Motherwell are eight points behind Partick Thistle, with County and St Mirren further adrift.
"We are only coming up to the halfway stage," McIntyre told BBC Scotland.
"So, for me, there's a lot of football to be played and there's too many points to be played for to say there are three teams in it."
Ross County manager Jim McIntyre
"There's about eight or nine games between now and the end of January and it's a crucial period."
County scored a late equaliser against Motherwell on Saturday to lift themselves off the bottom of the table for the first time since the second game of the season.
After the 2-2 draw, the Dingwall side are a point ahead of St Mirren but still two behind Well.
"It was a tremendous boost," said McIntyre, who took over after the sacking of Derek Adams at the end of August.
"It is what we've been working towards since we came in here.
"We will try to take the next step and move up another place.
"We know it's going to be difficult, as it has been difficult since we came in, but the hard work and effort and never-say-die attitude of the players to get that equaliser was fantastic."
McIntyre does concede that games over the next month will probably dictate whether County will remain in a relegation battle or can challenge for a top-six place.
"It's important that we just try to climb the table and see where that takes us," said McIntyre.
"There's about eight or nine games between now and the end of January and it's a crucial period.
"We've got to make sure we pick up as many points as we can in that period and try and get ourselves up to at least 10th place."

Partick dundee and killie are all poor teams imo and if we can get a couple of wins under our belt we can certainly catch and pass them.

I had a look on a Motherwell forum and their fans aren't happy.

Quite a lot of them saying that they're worst team in the SPL and that the players seem to have given up. I reckon Barraclough will take them down, he was far too risky an appointment and it hasn't worked at all.

St Mirren have got a boost with that dinosaur Craig away and who they replace him permanently with will be key - even if it is Teale.

McIntyre is right, it's a deal dogfight between ourselves, Motherwell and St Mirren. I can see Kilmarnock getting dragged into it aswell, they're in very poor form with 7 defeats in their last 10.

Our issue is that we have to start picking up points - we said that games against Partick, Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell and Kilmarnock would be key....well?!!

It's as simple as this - we should have beaten Hamilton at the GES, and we should have beaten St Mirren last Saturday - the game was there for us, but we couldn't beat 10 men - not good!

I'm hoping that McIntyre will find something special in the window and that he has a plan to pick off some points from somewhere - but I'm not optimistic based on our form this season - it's rank!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

It's really disappointing that we haven't managed to win any of those games, but they're still winnable games.

As poor as we've been, the teams around us haven't been much better. The games against them are definitely winnable and I think we are capable of beating the teams around us, we just haven't been able to do it yet.

Yep I think Motherwell are the worst team at the moment but have a few points on us. If we manage to find any sort of form we could pick away, that seems like a big ask though considering the games we have coming up.

I think the playoff games after the split are the most critical.
but we need to pick up points between now and then to give ourselves a realistic chance.

(01-23-2015, 12:57 PM)35 YEARS A STAGGIE Wrote: I think the playoff games after the split are the most critical.
but we need to pick up points between now and then to give ourselves a realistic chance.

Agree.

If we're still in touch by the time of the split, we will still have a good chance of survival.

That is also my hope, that we keep St Mirren, Motherwell and the other bottom six teams at least in our sights - thing is, couple of wins and it totally changes the complex of our plight!

Look what a win and a draw has done for St Midden.....we need to keep focussed and make sure we have the strongest team available on the park!

If Ritchie is missing tomorrow - then I'd go with the following (if they are avaialble):

-------------------Reguero------------------
--------------------------------------------
Fraser---------Boyd------Burgess----Reckord
---------------------Kiss-------------------
Carey--------Dunfield---Woods------Gardyne
-------------------Curran-------------------

Subs: Cardle, Maatsen, Boyce, Quinn, Saunders, Ross, Brown

I still believe we have what it takes to avoid relegation but I disagree with the manager. Whatever way you look at it we are in a league of three with Motherwell and St Mirren.

Points gained elsewhere will of course count but head to head matches between the three of us will be crucial which is why Saturday's result was such a blow.

(01-23-2015, 12:42 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Yep I think Motherwell are the worst team at the moment but have a few points on us. If we manage to find any sort of form we could pick away, that seems like a big ask though considering the games we have coming up.

We are the worst team in the league I'm afraid to say.,detached at bottom,1 league win at home, the other home games have been defeats.
It saddens me to say it,and I so hope I will be proved wrong ,but we are already looking like a relegated team.

(01-23-2015, 09:51 PM)tattiedave Wrote: We are the worst team in the league I'm afraid to say.,detached at bottom,1 league win at home, the other home games have been defeats.
It saddens me to say it,and I so hope I will be proved wrong ,but we are already looking like a relegated team.

I share your concers mate!

St Mirren host Dundee today, so we could be 7pts behind them. Last week's result was a disaster.
ICT and Aberdeen coming up, and all these injuries, not looking good chaps!

Aye St Mirren look to have found form at the right time, i can see them leapfrogging Motherwell today.
Our only saving grace just now is that Motherwell aren't getting points so we need to get closer to them before we meet on Valentines day unfortunately we have Celtic, Caley and Aberdeen before then Sad

We are very lucky Motherwell and St. Mirren are hopeless.

(01-24-2015, 07:39 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: St Mirren host Dundee today, so we could be 7pts behind them. Last week's result was a disaster.
ICT and Aberdeen coming up, and all these injuries, not looking good chaps!

Agree Stuart - there are no easy games!

If Caley beat us next week we will be 39 ( yes thirty nine points ) behind them at just about the halfway stage in the season. Even if we drew all our remaining games and never lost another game all season, we'd be nowhere near them. That's who I judge us against, not Celtic or even Aberdeen or Dundee Utd. It just aint good enough. Two wins out of 22 games. I'd love to be proved wrong but if Jim & Doddsy think we're in a scrap with not just ST M & Motherwell they are deluded and should be receiving treatment.

We have to start winning , even draws are a waste of time now.

(01-25-2015, 03:49 PM)Its Only A Game Wrote: If Caley beat us next week we will be 39 ( yes thirty nine points ) behind them at just about the halfway stage in the season. Even if we drew all our remaining games and never lost another game all season, we'd be nowhere near them. That's who I judge us against, not Celtic or even Aberdeen or Dundee Utd. It just aint good enough. Two wins out of 22 games. I'd love to be proved wrong but if Jim & Doddsy think we're in a scrap with not just ST M & Motherwell they are deluded and should be receiving treatment.

We have to start winning , even draws are a waste of time now.

Survival is the aim, anyone who doesn't realise this is deluded in my humble opinion.