Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Malky Mackay: Wigan Athletic confirm new manager
(12-15-2014, 10:37 AM)Wicky Wrote: I stand by my comment. There is obviously a big difference between "Jewish people love money" and "Jewish people are greedy moneygrabbing crooks". And I am not sure how you get to the latter from "Jewish people chase money more than everybody else".

It cannot be the case that all comments about Jews are now racist because of Hitler's anti-Semitism.

I didn't say it was. I was just showing that there are poisonous connotations to such a stereotype.

You're either being deliberately obtuse or naive, I'm not sure which, but it's painfully obvious that "Jewish people love money" is related to a negative stereotype about Jews.

And here was me thinking this was a forum about Football.

(12-16-2014, 08:44 PM)kenthehood Wrote: And here was me thinking this was a forum about Football.

Are you saying Jews have no place in football? Bit racist that mate.

(12-15-2014, 11:38 PM)Spain Wrote: racism
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

While I've tried to stay out of this, what you've described is the very definition of racism, what you're arguing over is the degree and severity.

But that is a valid debate. Otherwise you draw no distinction between "Brazilians are good footballers" and "Jewish people are greedy moneygrabbing crooks". I hope you would mod the latter, but not the former.

Of course "Brazilians are good footballers" may be something of an outmoded view, but if I had said "Germans are good footballers" some may have thought that was a racist comment in view of where this thread had gone. Which is where I came in, I think.

After today's news, what next for Don?

I'll pay his taxi north.