Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Liam Boyce
He impressed me early on in the season and looked a real goal threat. He scored a few goals and even set up Maatsen's winner against Dundee.

However, I'm not sure McIntyre rates him too highly. Jervis regularly comes on ahead of him - and Jervis is hardly highly rated. On Saturday, Boyce didn't even get on.

What's your opinion on Boyce? I think he can score goals at this level and should at least be coming on ahead of Jervis.

(10-27-2014, 02:59 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: He impressed me early on in the season and looked a real goal threat. He scored a few goals and even set up Maatsen's winner against Dundee.

However, I'm not sure McIntyre rates him too highly. Jervis regularly comes on ahead of him - and Jervis is hardly highly rated. On Saturday, Boyce didn't even get on.

What's your opinion on Boyce? I think he can score goals at this level and should at least be coming on ahead of Jervis.

I agree, from what i've seen of him, he looks far more likely to score than Jervis. He may not be quite as mobile but he looks a damn sight more assured on the ball and seems to have the striker's instinct that Jervis seems to lack. I'd like to see him get a proper outing, the problem being it'd be at the expense of Arquin, who i'd be loathe to drop. I definitely believe he should be streets ahead of Jervis when looking at who to bring off the bench. The only reasoning i can see for Jervis ahead of him, is them thinking that Jervis's better athleticism will cause a tired defence more problems, unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the case.

(10-27-2014, 03:48 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: I agree, from what i've seen of him, he looks far more likely to score than Jervis. He may not be quite as mobile but he looks a damn sight more assured on the ball and seems to have the striker's instinct that Jervis seems to lack. I'd like to see him get a proper outing, the problem being it'd be at the expense of Arquin, who i'd be loathe to drop. I definitely believe he should be streets ahead of Jervis when looking at who to bring off the bench. The only reasoning i can see for Jervis ahead of him, is them thinking that Jervis's better athleticism will cause a tired defence more problems, unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the case.

Exactly this.

I don't think you can really say that he rates Jervis ahead of Boyce as each time Jervis has come on in the recent few weeks he's been attempting to play at left-wing position.

Looking in from the outside and based on uis pedigree Boycie should be having much more game time, there must be some sort of issue we aren't aware of fully that keeps him sidelined.

I like him and I would pick him to play as he clearly knows where the goal is and after all, this is hardly the Bundesliga.......
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(10-29-2014, 12:38 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Looking in from the outside and based on his pedigree Boycie should be having much more game time, there must be some sort of issue we aren't aware of fully that keeps him sidelined.

I like him and I would pick him to play as he clearly knows where the goal is and after all, this is hardly the Bundesliga.......

3 goals so far and only 1 start, definitely knows where the goal is.

He should start in home games where we'll see more of the ball.

I think it's purely down to his mobility compared to Arquin. Its very difficult to lead a frontline on your own if you're not a 'runner'. We tried him at Hamilton and he doesn't have the same degree of pace and stamina to harry a defence, or make runs, so doesn't get picked much (like Kris Boyd under Walter Smith in big games, where he was seen as a luxury/passenger).

However, he looks to be a really good forward who is certainly worth accommodating, I'd like to see him get more of a chance as the team takes shape. Perhaps our best penalty box player, we just don't play enough in the opposition's penalty box...

Try Arquin and Boyce up front for our home games with Arquin playing just off Boyce? Boyce isn't going to run the channels or stretch a defence but with the pace and power of Arquin (see his hilarious brushing aside of Goodwin) he's bound to cause defences enough trouble to give Boyce plenty of chances to sniff out a goal or two.

Just a pity we couldn't see more or Arquin/De Leeuw. Sad

Boyce has played quite deep previously for Cliftonville, even in midfield, so I wonder how he would operate as a no. 10? Best work would obviously be in the box, but he has good technique and awareness, so could do well in that role, running off Arquin when he's terrorising backlines.

He maybe wouldn't be able to track back as well as Kiss, but reports of Kiss tracking back aren't great this season anyway, and he would be more of a threat in the box than Kiss has this season.

Just another idea of how to accommodate him, I'm not shouting for Kiss to be dropped!

Tried to ignore the De Leeuw comment, but aye, I miss him too Sad

"Is it time for Liam Boyce to be handed a start for Ross County?"
By Stefan Bienkowski
29 October 2014 14:00 GMT

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-...um=twitter

As he's a good penalty-box finisher, probably not a "No.10" for me. I expect Jim'n'Billy will be coaching LB to help him develop in whatever direction will get him a regular start.

But then again it wouldn't be the first time I was speaking "No.2".
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

(10-29-2014, 03:22 PM)Les Westander Wrote: As he's a good penalty-box finisher, probably not a "No.10" for me. I expect Jim'n'Billy will be coaching LB to help him develop in whatever direction will get him a regular start.

But then again it wouldn't be the first time I was speaking "No.2".

Speaking "Fenlon"?

Works in two ways, one of which is cruel and I feel suitably bad about... Blush

(10-29-2014, 04:13 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Speaking "Fenlon"?

Works in two ways, one of which is cruel and I feel suitably bad about... Blush

It certainly would be cruel re-installing him at No.2, have we not suffered enough?

Wait, that's what you meant, yeah.....?

(10-29-2014, 04:36 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: It certainly would be cruel re-installing him at No.2, have we not suffered enough?

Wait, that's what you meant, yeah.....?

Go with that mate, thanks for the "out" Wink

Looked threatening last night, but he's not match fit.

I think out of our 3 strikers, Boyce is the one who would score the most goals given a run of games.

(11-04-2014, 12:50 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Looked threatening last night, but he's not match fit.

I think out of our 3 strikers, Boyce is the one who would score the most goals given a run of games.

I think if he'd had more minutes and was a bit sharper he'd have scored that rebound from Carey's shot?

(11-04-2014, 01:04 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: I think if he'd had more minutes and was a bit sharper he'd have scored that rebound from Carey's shot?

Just came back at him at the wrong height and pace, it would have been nestling in the back of the net if not....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Signed in Mid June. Not fit yet.
How bad waz our fitness regime that cannot get a professional fit in four months.
Glad roy has got new equipement and we can get the rewards as he will be a real find when fit as he knows where the goal is.
We need goals tho and a few minutes at end of games is not enough.

Would Arquin or Jervis have finished that chance? Personally, I don't think so.

I don't think the lad Boyce is unfit, he's just short of match fitness. He's only started one game this season so that's expected.

Give him a run of games and I think he'd score goals at this level.

Re Boyce: What's the full time sports scientist doing about it. He has been here 8 weeks. I am 15 stone and I am sure the guy in my gym could get me fitter quicker than this Ross Hughes guy.