Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Melvin is leaving
Melvin leaving for personal reasons apparently
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

And who can blame him really, I bet the only thing personal about it is the managers inability to fit him into the team when he is clearly the best player at the club( anyone remember who was top scorer last season ). Thought this crap would stop when Adams left.

Very sad, obviously talented player. But as I and others have said before, no one really knows what goes on behind the scenes. Sure there are valid reasons. Good luck MDL, and thanks for your contribution to the County cause!

I wouldn't take that 'Fly on the wall' tweet as knowledgeable - the same source that said Mcleish would be our next manager and George and Derek were going to Rangers. LOL.

However it would be no surprise if Melvin leaves, not sure he ever settled up here and his missus certainly didn't. Presumably he wants back to Holland, it would be a right kick in the teeth if he ended up at another Scottish club.

That interview at the Wick game was his and his agents way of putting it out there that he wanted away.
There is no point keeping hold of an unhappy (allegedly) player.

However it's a right bummer for us, one of the most talented players we have had for a long time. Pretty gutted.
Plus his other-half owes me 2 cups of tea.

(10-26-2014, 01:31 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I wouldn't take that 'Fly on the wall' tweet as knowledgeable - the same source that said Mcleish would be our next manager and George and Derek were going to Rangers. LOL.

Was just going to say the same, until I see another...more reputable source saying similar then I'm not going to fret about it.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Strange time for him to leave if rumours are true but must be unhappy with not getting in 18 on matchday. Can't sign for another club until Jan. Surely we are going to wait and get a nice transfer fee after being top scorer last season.

There may be personal reasons and he just needs to get home, like Sproule did. Who knows.
For once we won't have the 'Adams fall-out' stuff.

Are you saying he is away or just a rumour? Going into club tomorrow so will try and find out.

Adams will be happy. He can't get the blame.

(10-26-2014, 04:02 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: There may be personal reasons and he just needs to get home, like Sproule did. Who knows.
For once we won't have the 'Adams fall-out' stuff.

Could we not give him a sabbatical in the hope he returns refreshed and sorts the personal issues.

Clutching at straws but his loss of talent is unthinkable at moment.

Large fee may soften the blow tho.

Paid off and gone. More to follow apparently.
Shame but there must be a reason why neither manager saw fit to play him this season.
Good luck to him.

Until it's confirmed on the official twitter feed I'm not going to believe it is so....

....oh wait a minute

(10-26-2014, 05:00 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Could we not give him a sabbatical in the hope he returns refreshed and sorts the personal issues.

Clutching at straws but his loss of talent is unthinkable at moment.

Large fee may soften the blow tho.

Only fee involved will be the large one paid to MDL to leave.

Talented player, but has obviously had issue, never looked completely fit and rumoured to have knee issue - so maybe he's not been happy for some time?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I believe it will be confirmed later today
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

I never really understood why he always seemed unable to complete 90 minute. A shame, as he is without a doubt one of the most skilful players I've ever seen at the club.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, a shame it hasn't worked out for him here.

(10-26-2014, 05:00 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Could we not give him a sabbatical in the hope he returns refreshed and sorts the personal issues.

Didn't he already have one last season? Went home and missed one or two games.
It appears to be over this time.
We're running out of songs!

The next question will be what about Maatsen? Will he hang about as the last remaining Dutchman?
I don't think he even made the squad on Saturday, and that was with Quinn injured, and another couple of the new signings still coming up to fitness.

(10-26-2014, 03:58 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Strange time for him to leave if rumours are true but must be unhappy with not getting in 18 on matchday. Can't sign for another club until Jan. Surely we are going to wait and get a nice transfer fee after being top scorer last season.

He would be able to sign for another club if we released him and he became a free agent. However, possibly the most talented player at the club and hoping the rumour is without foundation.

(10-27-2014, 11:58 AM)Brora Boy Wrote: He would be able to sign for another club if we released him and he became a free agent. However, possibly the most talented player at the club and hoping the rumour is without foundation.

Just been down at the club and he is away on a free transfer. Statement coming out this week. He would not be able to sign until January as he was released outside the transfer window. Strange with with so many big games until Jan.