Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Ben Frempah - How Good Can He Be?
My MOTM against Caley today, he was absolutely superb.

He's young, so will make a few mistakes here and there, but he was a mountain at the back today.

He could've easily brought down McKay for a penalty in the second half but done enough to put him off balance and prevent a certain goal.

In the air he was dominant and attacked everything that came his way. Avoiding the urge to put hands on the back of the attacker is the only downside, but he'll grow out of that.

He put his body on the line and showed great composure to move into midfield and find a teammate instead of a long clearance.

I'm slowing starting to believe that he's our best CB. It's easy to see why Leicester snapped him up, he's got enormous potential.

(10-05-2014, 03:38 PM)IDW16 Wrote: My MOTM against Caley today, he was absolutely superb.

He's young, so will make a few mistakes here and there, but he was a mountain at the back today.

He could've easily brought down McKay for a penalty in the second half but done enough to put him off balance and prevent a certain goal.

In the air he was dominant and attacked everything that came his way. Avoiding the urge to put hands on the back of the attacker is the only downside, but he'll grow out of that.

He put his body on the line and showed great composure to move into midfield and find a teammate instead of a long clearance.

I'm slowing starting to believe that he's our best CB. It's easy to see why Leicester snapped him up, he's got enormous potential.

When he first signed I did some googling, reading a few reviews and watching a few videos. Been really excited by him ever since, and he hasn't done much to dampen that enthusiasm. Really hope his contract is longer than a year (or will be soon), he could become a very good player at this level very soon.

Bit of a tangent, but I think signing players on longer contracts is something McIntyre is keen to do, going by what I've inferred from interviews? Part of his desire for stability at the club.

Frempah'ah reminds me of someone, but I can't think who.

Easily our best CB - would get my MOTM today also, fantastic! As you say, he's young and can only get better, just hope it's with County!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Better than Songo'o

Certainly a player we sorely needed. A physical centre half is an absolute must with Boydy in the middle.

(10-05-2014, 04:25 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: When he first signed I did some googling, reading a few reviews and watching a few videos. Been really excited by him ever since, and he hasn't done much to dampen that enthusiasm. Really hope his contract is longer than a year (or will be soon), he could become a very good player at this level very soon.

Bit of a tangent, but I think signing players on longer contracts is something McIntyre is keen to do, going by what I've inferred from interviews? Part of his desire for stability at the club.

Always looked good in under twenties ,the lad will go far,

I've been in love with him since he made his debut in Wick.

totally agree with you, but strange how some folk thought he was a waste of space at the start of the season, talk about giving new players a chance, never heard so much player negativity as i heard at the start of the season, suddenly hes a great player!! always was!!
onwards and upwards ben!!!!

(10-06-2014, 01:41 PM)chelsea1905 Wrote: totally agree with you, but strange how some folk thought he was a waste of space at the start of the season, talk about giving new players a chance, never heard so much player negativity as i heard at the start of the season, suddenly hes a great player!! always was!!
onwards and upwards ben!!!!
I don't remember anyone being particularly critical of Frempah? I think there were some reservations about the general quality of signings and specifically of fenlon, but I don't think anybody picked out Frempah? I think most have been clamouring for him to get a chance

(10-06-2014, 01:52 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: I don't remember anyone being particularly critical of Frempah? I think there were some reservations about the general quality of signings and specifically of fenlon, but I don't think anybody picked out Frempah? I think most have been clamouring for him to get a chance
just repeating comments heard in the east stand m8!

(10-06-2014, 03:09 PM)chelsea1905 Wrote: just repeating comments heard in the east stand m8!

Us guys in west stand liked Frempha, I was blown away by his skills in under twenties
But I'm sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings with my next sentence.

Fenlon, Jervis, not good enough, for a big fellow Jervis is like a pussycat wins nothing not willing to put himself about.Fenlon pity he is not good enough ,he does try,more than Jervis does there are better players than Jervis who should be way down the pecking order IMO.

Point of interest I thought the subs at half time changed our rhythm , we lost our speed and shape again for me Jervis should never have been on in front of M D

But did anyone notice ICT strange decision Dorran g irs up the wing causes us all sort of problems , to be called back and subbed. Wow good for us

(10-06-2014, 04:06 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Us guys in west stand liked Frempha, I was blown away by his skills in under twenties
But I'm sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings with my next sentence.

Fenlon, Jervis, not good enough, for a big fellow Jervis is like a pussycat wins nothing not willing to put himself about.Fenlon pity he is not good enough ,he does try,more than Jervis does there are better players than Jervis who should be way down the pecking order IMO.

Point of interest I thought the subs at half time changed our rhythm , we lost our speed and shape again for me Jervis should never have been on in front of M D

But did anyone notice ICT strange decision Dorran g irs up the wing causes us all sort of problems , to be called back and subbed. Wow good for us

I'd agree with most of that. I feel bad for Fenlon as he really does try and it looks like he's hurting, but his defensive work isnt good enough yet for this level, I hope he can improve with the development squad and stake a claim in the future. Jervis looks a good finisher and is obviously a big guy, but just lacking something to make it work for him in our system(s). Not as physically imposing as he looks, and struggles with his technique to hold the ball up. Unfortunately for him I do think we have better options, especially out wide as he was at the weekend. He'd be good as a penalty box player, but we cant really afford one of them, we need people who can get more involved in the play outside the box.

Hughes doesnt seem to rate Doran as highly as me! Often in and out of the team, while I think he's one of their best players and by all accounts was good again at the weekend. Always happy when he gets subbed Wink

He's got the potential to be one of the better CBs in the league.

(10-07-2014, 03:16 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: He's got the potential to be one of the better CBs in the league.

He sure does, just hope we can hold onto him, least we have him playing earlier than Andre Hainault (swoon) so hopefully he won't go the same way as the big canuck

Frempah will end up being far too good for us, sadly.

(10-07-2014, 08:38 PM)Comrie Wrote: Frempah will end up being far too good for us, sadly.

Hainault, Songo'o and Frempah.

Pain. So much pain.

Good young player worth offering an extension on his contract we would be entitled to compensation if he moved on.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

When do we cash-in?
[Image: BzWfy3gIYAENL0C.jpg]

He's glowing. The star that he is.