Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aberdeen away 20-Sep
Our 4th visit to Pittodrie, W1, D1, L2.
Can we get our first point of the season? It's a tough ask but there were good signs of improvement on Saturday and with a full weeks training and plenty time for the new manager to look at the players, fingers crossed.

Celcer will be back available, but I thought Carey did well on Saturday and wouldn't be surprised to see that back 4 continue.
I would start Arquin ahead of Jervis (and Boyce), more chance of him winning something in the air and holding up play.
We'll have to make the most of breakaway possession when we get the chance, Gardyne, Cardle and Arquin have the skill and pace to do that.
Brown for Reguero would be my other change, and I would rather Brittain in the 11 than Rocco.

Seats available on supporters bus - details at top of page. Train for me though, making a day and overnight of it. Probably Archibald Simpsons from about midday, or maybe The Stag! Get in touch on Twitter if you are out and about before the game.

(09-15-2014, 04:14 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Our 4th visit to Pittodrie, W1, D1, L2.
Can we get our first point of the season? It's a tough ask but there were good signs of improvement on Saturday and with a full weeks training and plenty time for the new manager to look at the players, fingers crossed.

Celcer will be back available, but I thought Carey did well on Saturday and wouldn't be surprised to see that back 4 continue.
I would start Arquin ahead of Jervis (and Boyce), more chance of him winning something in the air and holding up play.
We'll have to make the most of breakaway possession when we get the chance, Gardyne, Cardle and Arquin have the skill and pace to do that.
Brown for Reguero would be my other change, and I would rather Brittain in the 11 than Rocco.

Seats available on supporters bus - details at top of page. Train for me though, making a day and overnight of it. Probably Archibald Simpsons from about midday, or maybe The Stag! Get in touch on Twitter if you are out and about before the game.
Yes, agree with most of that.

However, on the basis of what I saw on Saturday, I might be inclined to replace Jervis with Boyce and MDL with Arquin..

(09-15-2014, 04:14 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I would start Arquin ahead of Jervis (and Boyce), more chance of him winning something in the air and holding up play.

I think it was 1-1 against Aberdeen at home that was the first time we saw Arquin and de Leeuw together as a central partnership. They were terrific, both physical and technical and had a good understanding. They deserved more than they got from the game. I genuinely believe they showed enough to be central to Ross County's attacking play for the then foreseeable future, and I think they have the potential to be outstanding together. Then Jervis signed, then Boyce, then Gardyne.

I think Arquin and de Leeuw have only started up front together centrally three times in 23 matches since Arquin signed in January. What a waste.

(09-15-2014, 07:50 PM)john@THHP Wrote: I think it was 1-1 against Aberdeen at home that was the first time we saw Arquin and de Leeuw together as a central partnership. They were terrific, both physical and technical and had a good understanding. They deserved more than they got from the game. I genuinely believe they showed enough to be central to Ross County's attacking play for the then foreseeable future, and I think they have the potential to be outstanding together. Then Jervis signed, then Boyce, then Gardyne.

I think Arquin and de Leeuw have only started up front together centrally three times in 23 matches since Arquin signed in January. What a waste.

Got to agree,Arquin bullied the Dons defence that night.I still think we can get more out of Jervis,he had little support on Sat, fans on his back already

Lets think positive guys. A full weeks training under Jim & Billy plus we have to get a win sometime & Pittodrie will do for me. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

I would go for a 4-3-1-2:

--------Brown---------
Balk--Boyd--Barr--Carey
--------Irvine---------
----Brittain--Kiss------
------de Leeuw-------
----Arquin--Boyce-----

Subs: Reguero, Fenlon, Quinn, Ross, Cardle, Gardyne, Jervis.

I think we need Boyce in the team, but I don't think he's a lone striker. There's definitely goals in that front 3 and should cause any team in this league problems.

Barr makes a big difference to the defence I think, far better than Dressen IMO. Solid, good organiser, knows the league - exactly what we need. Balk at right back isn't ideal, but it's probably the best we've got there.

Irvine keeps his place as I thought he was very good on Saturday and our best centre midfielder. I think this formation would definitely suit Brittain and Kiss is more suited to a midfield trio aswell.

Cardle and Gardyne are unlucky to be on the bench, but they are a little lightweight and make great options from the bench.

Brown replaces Reguero because I think Reguero has made too many costly errors so far.

Hopefully this team could take even a point from Pittodrie.

Cardle won't be dropped I don't think.

(09-16-2014, 05:59 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Cardle won't be dropped I don't think.

Cardle shouldn't be dropped

I'd like to see:

Reguero
Barr Boyd Balk Carey
Irvine Kiss
? De Leeuw Cardle
Arquin

Not sure who should start out on the right but I'm adamant that Arquin needs to start through the middle. De Leeuw and Arquin need more game time together, plus Boyce gives County a nice goalscoring option on the bench. Maatsen might offer some much width but he's hardly had any game time at all. I didn't see the game on Saturday but I assume County's two "wide" players in the supporting 3 were quite narrow?

No Brittain for two games in a row is perhaps a big call.

I dont care how we do it as long as we get eather 3 points or a point on the board

(09-16-2014, 08:48 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I'd like to see:

Reguero
Barr Boyd Balk Carey
Irvine Kiss
? De Leeuw Cardle
Arquin

Not sure who should start out on the right but I'm adamant that Arquin needs to start through the middle. De Leeuw and Arquin need more game time together, plus Boyce gives County a nice goalscoring option on the bench. Maatsen might offer some much width but he's hardly had any game time at all. I didn't see the game on Saturday but I assume County's two "wide" players in the supporting 3 were quite narrow?

No Brittain for two games in a row is perhaps a big call.
On the basis of his impact on Saturday, I think Gardyne would rightly feel hard done by if he didn't start on the right again..

I didn't see the Motherwell game but here's my suggestion

Brown

Barr Boyd Balk Celcer

Gardyne Irvine Kiss Carey

Arquin

Boyce

Arquin is a great player but not a prolific finisher so I would not give him the main striking role, I think Boyce could be whatbwe need up front and needs to start this game.
Cardle and MdL are impact players to my mind and should start on the bench.
Hear Me Roar!

Is there a suggested pub for County Fans to meet in beforehand? A few of us planning meeting quite central around 12 on the day.

Archibald Simpsons is where a few of us usually head. Can get very busy if there is an early ko live game on though.

Whats the craic for tickets? Any idea of prices adults and under 16?

(09-18-2014, 02:27 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Archibald Simpsons is where a few of us usually head. Can get very busy if there is an early ko live game on though.

Sounds good, the few of us meeting in City Center will likely be heading there also. There or the monkey house just further down on Union Street.

Getting the 10.28 (gets in around 1) train up from Edinburgh rather than driving for this as Fyrish can't make it so will hopefully be able to catch a few of you in said establishments.

(09-19-2014, 09:16 AM)staggie1929 Wrote: Whats the craic for tickets? Any idea of prices adults and under 16?

All here:
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...-20092014/

"Entry is by cash turnstiles and admission prices for the Ross County support are as follows; £24 for Adults, £18 for Over 60s, £13 for Under 18s and students in Full Time education and £6 for Under 12s".

Going by reports today Rocco is our new captain, McIntyre preferring Quinn's moaning and groaning which he hopes will inspire the other players.

Interesting to see how this works over the next few months!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(09-19-2014, 07:24 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Going by reports today Rocco is our new captain, McIntyre preferring Quinn's moaning and groaning which he hopes will inspire the other players.

Interesting to see how this works over the next few months!

Think this will be good and deserved as he has upped his game recently.