Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On The Road Again - Ayr This Time
I'm looking forward to this one. I've never been to Somerset Park before and Ayr seem to be utterly diabolical.

A County win setting us up nicely for the Dundee game.

Ive played there a couple of times, its a bit of a dive, anyway, hopefully we will keep up the great work with another win, most important thing is not to be complacent because we're playing a team near the bottom of the table, these games are must wins, as are they all now if we are serious about winning this league.

(12-03-2011, 10:46 PM)yank Wrote: ..... these games are must wins, as are they all now if we are serious about winning this league.

Not sure this is strictly true. Last time I looked we were 9 points ahead, so we can afford to lose two games and draw another and still win this league even if our nearest challengers win all of their remaining matches. Granted it would be preferable if we do win this match, and indeed all of the rest, but let's not get too hung up if we drop a point or three some time soon.
I assume you were amongst the "nervous ones" when we were a goal behind today?

No easy games in this league as they say, and Ayr have proved at Sommerset Park they are more than capable of beating anyone.
In saying that, they are also prone to leaking goals, and that is what we have to take advantage of.

Richard Brittian is suspended for this game, and looks like Fitzpatrick will be out injured for a period of time.

I would imagine that Quinn will come in for Brittain, and Morrison will most likely be re-instated to left back.

More likely to see Cooper at left back think Scotty Mo is well out of picture wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in January.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(12-04-2011, 10:43 AM)gudgie67 Wrote: More likely to see Cooper at left back think Scotty Mo is well out of picture wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in January.

Based on what?

(12-04-2011, 12:55 AM)Wicky Wrote:
(12-03-2011, 10:46 PM)yank Wrote: ..... these games are must wins, as are they all now if we are serious about winning this league.

Not sure this is strictly true. Last time I looked we were 9 points ahead, so we can afford to lose two games and draw another and still win this league even if our nearest challengers win all of their remaining matches. Granted it would be preferable if we do win this match, and indeed all of the rest, but let's not get too hung up if we drop a point or three some time soon.

Well yes, but I think you missed my point, we can't get complacent and go to Ayr thinking we're just going to get the three points, everyone now will be out to beat us as we're top of the table. So yes we can drop 7 points and win the league, however, my point about these games being must wins still stands as if we lose against Ayr that puts us under pressure, and under pressure your more likely to make mistakes which leads to losing goals which leads to losing games which leads to losing confidence and momentum and so on. So yes for me we have to look at every game as a must win game if we want to win the league. We can't go into games with the view it's ok, we have a 7 point cushion to play with, because trust me that will soon disappear before we know it with complacency. Im confident we can win the league as i think we're the best team in the league but nothing is certain. So yes Saturday is a must win in my eyes.

(12-04-2011, 10:49 AM)bunglebonce Wrote:
(12-04-2011, 10:43 AM)gudgie67 Wrote: More likely to see Cooper at left back think Scotty Mo is well out of picture wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in January.

Based on what?

I've heard he's put in a transfer request. The irony.

It must be difficult for our squad players with the starting 11 barely ever changing, but we are coming up to the time in the season when it is inevitable they will need to be called upon. Scotty Mo will do a fine job stepping in for Fitz and I'm sure the likes of Flynn and Duncan will get their chance in the team sooner than later.

The story about Morrison handing in a transfer request is probably nonsense. Just folk looking to stir up trouble where none exists, although Johnny Flynn made a rather telling comment on Twitter during the UFC last night.

Quote:That fight was as long as my season... A blink of a eye

If ScottyMo doesn't come back in due to Fitz's injury, you wonder if there is any County future for him.
I hope he does get a chance, we all know his deliveries are good and he's never afraid to have a pop.

I feel sorry for Flynn. He was really good in the last quarter of last season. He and Scotty Mo were victims of the 1-5 loss at Hamilton. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the team haven't looked back since. And that was August.

Latest on Morrow

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/ne...or-morrow/

I too feel sorry for Flynn, afterall he basically kept in the league against Falkirk

(12-04-2011, 03:30 PM)yank Wrote:

Well yes, but I think you missed my point, we can't get complacent and go to Ayr thinking we're just going to get the three points, everyone now will be out to beat us as we're top of the table. So yes we can drop 7 points and win the league, however, my point about these games being must wins still stands as if we lose against Ayr that puts us under pressure, and under pressure your more likely to make mistakes which leads to losing goals which leads to losing games which leads to losing confidence and momentum and so on. So yes for me we have to look at every game as a must win game if we want to win the league. We can't go into games with the view it's ok, we have a 7 point cushion to play with, because trust me that will soon disappear before we know it with complacency. Im confident we can win the league as i think we're the best team in the league but nothing is certain. So yes Saturday is a must win in my eyes.

I agree entirely that we mustn't get complacent but I don't share your view that the loss of some points or even matches will have a catastrophic effect on our confidence. And I don't understand how anyone who has seen our last few games can reach that conclusion. That suggests that our current league position has been fortuitous and is a bubble waiting to burst whereas the truth is we have earned our dominant league position with skilful, determined and exciting play which has been an absolute joy to watch. There will be days when it is not like that but everything about this team suggests that will be the exception to the rule rather than the norm.
And if you can't relax and enjoy it when we are in this position, when will you be able to?!

(12-04-2011, 10:49 AM)bunglebonce Wrote:

Based on what?

Based on the fact that Cooper was signed as left back cover when there was obviously adequate cover in Morrison with the squad the size it is it suggests to me that we have one too many left backs(when cover is required at right back) therefore not a big assumption that Morrison is probably on the way out so why would you play someone you are looking to move on ahead of a player you signed to replace him.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

I confess I don't know a lot about Cooper. My guess is that he's more of a midfielder than defender, so I never thought of him as a direct replacement for Morrison.

(12-04-2011, 08:59 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: .....Cooper was signed as left back cover .........

And there was me thinking he was signed for that U21 spot on the bench for cup matchesWink Nah, I'm sure we'll see Morrison ahead of Cooper if Fitz doesn't make the cut. Would like to see what Cooper is made of, though.

I don't buy into the "Cooper was signed as a replacement for Morrison" stuff. I expect Morrison to start against Ayr if Fitzpatrick doesn't make it.

That sounds pretty morbid actually. So I expect Morrison to start next week if Fitzpatrick is injured.

Big Grin 
(12-04-2011, 08:43 PM)Wicky Wrote: ...
I agree entirely that we mustn't get complacent but I don't share your view that the loss of some points or even matches will have a catastrophic effect on our confidence. And I don't understand how anyone who has seen our last few games can reach that conclusion. That suggests that our current league position has been fortuitous and is a bubble waiting to burst whereas the truth is we have earned our dominant league position with skilful, determined and exciting play which has been an absolute joy to watch. There will be days when it is not like that but everything about this team suggests that will be the exception to the rule rather than the norm.
And if you can't relax and enjoy it when we are in this position, when will you be able to?!
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinWink
This can't be emphasised enough. County fans ought to be grinning. It's never been better for us in the SFL, and probably won't feel like this again. If we make it up to the SPL we won't be seeing 9 or 10 wins in a row!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

If we make it into the SPL we can finally buy fifa and not have to add our own team Big Grin

(12-04-2011, 08:43 PM)Wicky Wrote:
(12-04-2011, 03:30 PM)yank Wrote:

I completely understand your view, but I think I am just used to the feeling of been careful and and keeping a level head when it comes to football, whether watching it or playing it, more so the later. I've played in the senior league and I know even if you are flying and winning every game, all it takes is one game to completely knock you off your stride, because at the end of the day you are only human and doubt will enter the mind, and im not saying it happens everytime, of course it doesn't, however, it can go the other way and have a snowball effect, you don't need to search long before you find evidence of this. So for me once your at the top of the league and wanting to stay there, every game is a must win and as a player you do see it as that, not only to secure the points obviously, but to make sure that the doubt doesn't creep in, because once it does it spreads like an airborne virus. I'm just talking from what I have experienced and more so as a player rather than a fan. I think we can win this league quite comfortably, however, im just noting that it doesn't take much to chuck it away, hence, this league being a notoriously hard league to win. The aforementioned is just hypothetical and not to be seen as negative, as I am positive we can win this league.