Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County Vs Motherwell
Rainbow 
The next home game against Motherwell is not until Sept 13th - so at least we get a break and a chance to regroup. Will we have a new manager? According to Roy on Radio Scotland they have a large list of candidates interested in the position.

For me, it's not a decision that we should rush into even although we are suffering at the moment - Caley were the last team to go five games without a win, and they survived that season - in fact I think it was eight games without a win?

Anyway, we have to hope that whoever comes in gets our full support - so let's create a big atmosphere and get as many Staggies along to this next home game to give the team our full backing - even if the new man isn't in place - it could be the difference that gets us three points!

Mon the Staggies!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Hallelujah for the international break.

Brick 
(08-30-2014, 07:23 PM)forkboy Wrote: Hallelujah for the international break.

You said it. We need a chance to stagger, punch-drunk, off the ropes; lick wounds, regroup and refocus.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

Would there be any interest in organising a fans based initiative on a large scale for this game similar to hearts( dark blue Sunday ) and Hawaiian day at Partick thistle or does this only work for away games?
The players must be absolutely demoralised and low on confidence and we need to give them a show of support that will lift them, we have what we have and just need to get on with it and back the team, I'm sure the tide will turn eventually and the players need us to be a part of it.

I'd go with:

Reguero
Fenlon Boyd Frempah Latouchent
Brittain Kiss
Arquin De Leeuw Carey
Boyce

Subs: Brown, Miller, Balk, Maatsen, Dingwall, Jervis, Cardle

No idea who plays at right-back. I don't think it's particularly fair to stick Balk out there and although Fenlon isn't very good, he maybe needs one more opportunity.

Celcer is suspended so Latouchent starts. Carey should be starting further forward and he's terrible at left-back anyway.

That front four looks good so start them all together.

The two midfielders need instructions. One of them needs to sit in front of the defence. We can't afford both centre midfielders charging forward at the same time.

Win and County go level on points with Motherwell. Easier said than done.

(08-31-2014, 12:55 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I'd go with:

Reguero
Brittain Kiss
Arquin De Leeuw Carey
Boyce

No idea who plays at right-back. I don't think it's particularly fair to stick Balk out there and although Fenlon isn't very good, he maybe needs one more opportunity.

Celcer is suspended so Latouchent starts. Carey should be starting further forward and he's terrible at left-back anyway.

That front four looks good so start them all together.

The two midfielders need instructions. One of them needs to sit in front of the defence. We can't afford both centre midfielders charging forward at the same time.

Win and County go level on points with Motherwell. Easier said than done.

Making sense you are.

Between Fenlon and Balk I would rather start whichever looks most capable of doing a good job on the 13th. Balk seems to have a bit of leadership and possibly better positioning and so might edge it.

Cardle (& Jervis) on the bench only if Arquin & de Leeuw are not 100% and Capn Brittain & Carey are in good, composed form.

Then win please.

Was Vigurs injured yesterday?
The thought of him against Fenlon or Balk terrifies me.

(08-31-2014, 01:12 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Making sense you are.

Between Fenlon and Balk I would rather start whichever looks most capable of doing a good job on the 13th. Balk seems to have a bit of leadership and possibly better positioning and so might edge it.

Cardle (& Jervis) on the bench only if Arquin & de Leeuw are not 100% and Capn Brittain & Carey are in good, composed form.

Then win please.

Have to say I'd leave Fenlon at RB and bring Balk into midfield replacing Richie. More disciplined and controlled and can play that holding role and allow more scope for the 4 forwards with Kiss playing box to box.

Exclamation 
(08-31-2014, 01:45 PM)roth08 Wrote: Have to say I'd leave Fenlon at RB and bring Balk into midfield replacing Richie. More disciplined and controlled and can play that holding role and allow more scope for the 4 forwards with Kiss playing box to box.

Could work if Richie is not on top form. Brittain has proved able to do that role better than most though.

With the international break, the players will have a few days off this week to chill, go home, whatever.
I hope Carey recovers in time, because we missed him terribly yesterday.
Dreesen maybe recover too, and Reguero (heavily strapped yesterday even though on bench). Fenlon is still our best bet at RB, as I've said elsewhere Balk didn't know he was a RB or midfielder until he arrived here, although he's done ok in both positions. From what I've seen he could certainly become a decent holding midfielder, he has the vision and range of passing easily.
It's a pity the international break wasn't this weekend instead of next, it's obviously been too much what with Stranraer away and the Adams sacking this week, the guys looked lost yesterday.

(08-31-2014, 10:23 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Would there be any interest in organising a fans based initiative on a large scale for this game similar to hearts( dark blue Sunday ) and Hawaiian day at Partick thistle or does this only work for away games?
The players must be absolutely demoralised and low on confidence and we need to give them a show of support that will lift them, we have what we have and just need to get on with it and back the team, I'm sure the tide will turn eventually and the players need us to be a part of it.

Embogary already doing something to drum up support for a noisy Jailend etc....

I'd be happy with a point. Come on County!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Have to say the way the season has started, I'd also take a point!

Realistically, with Motherwell also struggling, it's our best chance of point(s).

After that we have Aberdeen away, Dundee home, ICT away, Celtic home. Cripes.

..............Reguero.............
Barr ....Boyd ....Frempah ....Latouchent.
.............Balk or (Jackson I)...............
.......Brittain ...Kiss .....Carey..
............De Leeuw.................
.....................Arquin............

-----------Brown-------------
Fenlon--Barr--Boyd--Latouchent
------------Balk--------------
-------Brittain--Irvine--------
de Leeuw--Arquin---Cardle----

4-3-3.

Subs: Reguero, Frempah, Kiss, Quinn, Dingwall, Carey, Boyce.

(08-31-2014, 12:55 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I'd go with:

Reguero
Brittain Kiss
Arquin De Leeuw Carey
Boyce

Following some of the new signings, I'd like to amend the above team and go:

Reguero
Barr Balk Boyd Latouchent
Brittain Kiss
Maatsen De Leeuw Carey
Arquin

Brown, Frempah, Fenlon, Irvine, Boyce, Dingwall, Cardle

I'm concerned about John Sutton up against the defence. We know Boyd struggles against imposing forwards, hopefully Balk can do a bit better. Failing that, Frempah might have to start.

Balk and Frempah could do well together but that combination lacks experience. And Boyd won't be dropped.

I think it's telling that nobody is predicting Gardyne even getting on the bench

On the subject of Motherwell, this is a cracking idea

I'm sure I'm not the only non-season ticket holder that would consider getting one of these
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(09-05-2014, 12:00 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: On the subject of Motherwell, this is a cracking idea

I'm sure I'm not the only non-season ticket holder that would consider getting one of these

Absolutely. Excellent idea, that'd suit me perfectly and I'm sure there'd be enough of an uptake to make this worthwhile should the club ever decide it's worth a shot.