Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roy MacGregor
Thankfully, I am away for the weekend with the missus and missed that game today. However, while driving down the A9 I heard Roy on BBC Scotland giving an interview to RADIO SCOTLAND. Sorry if I upset some of you but it was embarrassing as he did not answer any of the questions put to him by Richard Gordon. He was clearly not wanting to slag off Derek or George but unfortunately the tone of his voice and what he did not say pointed to them being the problem. We are in deep trouble as far as I am concerned. A new manager will take time to turn this around and I am afraid we are in for a difficult time guys and gals . Perhaps a drop down to the Championship and a restructure (some Scottish players) is what is needed to revitalise us. Only a suggestion.

(08-30-2014, 06:49 PM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote: Thankfully, I am away for the weekend with the missus and missed that game today. However, while driving down the A9 I heard Roy on BBC Scotland giving an interview to RADIO SCOTLAND. Sorry if I upset some of you but it was embarrassing as he did not answer any of the questions put to him by Richard Gordon. He was clearly not wanting to slag off Derek or George but unfortunately the tone of his voice and what he did not say pointed to them being the problem. We are in deep trouble as far as I am concerned. A new manager will take time to turn this around and I am afraid we are in for a difficult time guys and gals . Perhaps a drop down to the Championship and a restructure (some Scottish players) is what is needed to revitalise us. Only a suggestion.

Never heard the full interview yet but roy will not wash his dirty linen in public.
There was more to it than results as he inferred.
Will we ever know... I doubt it.

Mistakes have been made. Personally play some of the 120 locals rather than foreign imports. In Roy we trust

Don't forget, Roy is part of a board, possibly he voted to keep Derek, but was out voted?

Could that have happened - he genuinely sounded upset earlier in the week and today still sung Derek's praises, maybe he wanted to keep Derek but get rid of George, but Derek decided to go also!?

I'm sure we'll never know - by the sounds of things the players were as shocked today so no big reaction as some would expect if there had been loads of problems behind the scenes??
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-30-2014, 06:49 PM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote: Thankfully, I am away for the weekend with the missus and missed that game today. However, while driving down the A9 I heard Roy on BBC Scotland giving an interview to RADIO SCOTLAND. Sorry if I upset some of you but it was embarrassing as he did not answer any of the questions put to him by Richard Gordon. He was clearly not wanting to slag off Derek or George but unfortunately the tone of his voice and what he did not say pointed to them being the problem. We are in deep trouble as far as I am concerned. A new manager will take time to turn this around and I am afraid we are in for a difficult time guys and gals . Perhaps a drop down to the Championship and a restructure (some Scottish players) is what is needed to revitalise us. Only a suggestion.

In all his years in charge at County, has McGregor ever given the impression that he would throw someone under the bus publically?

(08-30-2014, 07:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Don't forget, Roy is part of a board, possibly he voted to keep Derek, but was out voted?

Ha ha, are you serious?

Nobody ever mentions that Ross County were relegated to the second division, partly due to a group of not very good Scottish players.

(08-30-2014, 07:38 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Nobody ever mentions that Ross County were relegated to the second division, partly due to a group of not very good Scottish players.

Who were all too young and had no experience on how to close out a game....wasn't that they were Scottish, more that they were inexperienced!

(08-30-2014, 07:22 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Ha ha, are you serious?

I'm asking a question, have you watched his interview video on BBC from earlier in the week, really doesn't sound happy that Derek has gone!

I think the reason he didn't sound happy, was because he wasn't happy!
He knew what a servant DA in particular had been to the club, and they may even get on OK personally, but Roy is a fairly hard-headed businessman, so if he thinks something painful needs to be done for the long term good of the club, he will do it!
I highly doubt he was outvoted, from a business perspective, he's calling the shots.

(08-30-2014, 08:59 PM)Rosscubed Wrote: I highly doubt he was outvoted, from a business perspective, he's calling the shots.

It would take a very brave man to stand against Macgregor in the County boardroom. Suggestions, alternative options yes. But I'm pretty sure if he said he wanted to sack the Adams family then consider them sacked.

(08-30-2014, 09:06 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: It would take a very brave man to stand against Macgregor in the County boardroom. Suggestions, alternative options yes. But I'm pretty sure if he said he wanted to sack the Adams family then consider them sacked.

I just get the feeling that it was maybe George that had to go, and maybe Roy was hoping that Derek would stick around?

After all, it's the DOF role that will no longer be filled going forward - I'm wondering if Derek maybe decided to walk with his dad rather than being sacked? Certainly the players don't appear to have shown much of a reaction as if they were glad to see him gone today?

Just putting it out there?

(08-30-2014, 09:14 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I just get the feeling that it was maybe George that had to go, and maybe Roy was hoping that Derek would stick around?

After all, it's the DOF role that will no longer be filled going forward - I'm wondering if Derek maybe decided to walk with his dad rather than being sacked? Certainly the players don't appear to have shown much of a reaction as if they were glad to see him gone today?

Just putting it out there?

There may be something in that - had heard George's role was under more scrutiny whic in part explains the return of Peter. Perhaps Derek decided to go as well or else the board felt that they needed to get rid of both.

Today's performance (not that I saw) suggests that for all the ex players complaining he still had the dressing room. He may have lacked some man management skills but he did get really good performances generally out of players few of which went on to be better elsewhere.

He did seem more of a coach though so perhaps needed longer to get the players to play the way he wanted.

I was sad to see him go as I think he'd earned the right to another season but there were times I was frustrated also. Some of his selections seemed strange at best (though do recall Calderwood picking Wood over Barrowman) and he seemed to lack at times the ability to change a game with substitutions or tactical shifts.

That said we need to try to look forward.

We need someone who can lead us and I think re-structure a bit.

I find all the clamour for local lads a bit of an issue - I want a team that can win and I have seen plenty of commitment from the likes of MDL who preasoason was taking on some very physical centre halts or Maatsen. When MDL was taken off at the last home game he was clearly frustrated - I'd definitely want him in my team.

I saw a few games of the under 20s last year though not the development league this year. Then we definitely lacked a clear club approach. What is our preferred system if it was shared it might be easier to transition younger players in. Ferguson preferred 4 4 2 but the senior team don't play like that. DA didn't seem as focussed on that and it may not have been part of his role but I think we need to try to develop a more coherent approach through the club.

Given we have to change someone who can impose that discipline on the club and get the whole thing working together would be good for me.

Sorry but Roy was embarrassing on the radio today. Sacked the Adams because we need a change of direction but then had to admit he had not got his head round which direction we are supposed to be going!
A very bad week for RCFC.

The whole setup with father and son was always going to be a problem down the road if you wanted to sack one of them let's face it!

If you were the manager and your father was DOF and was being sacked, would you stay?

I honestly think that George was the guy being removed and Derek decided to back his father and walked!

Immaterial now anyway, but listening to two interviews with Roy makes me suspect that he would have liked to have kept Derek, but knew that if one went the other would follow.

It's the comment "whoever gets Derek is going to get a very good manager...." you don't tend to say that about someone you have just sacked! Would be easier to just say, "we simply felt a change was required to take us forward - good luck to Derek"

Listened to the interview yesterday and while Roy did not say very much he did say that we should try and establish a more settled team and start giving players longer contracts.

One other thing I was told last night that another investor gave an ultimatum that either both Derek and George go or he was leaving and taking his money with him.

Was at the game yesterday and bitterly disappointed at the lack of cohesion. No spirit and players bickering with each other. We also need a more inspirational captain to take charge on the pitch. Leave Ritchie to concentrate on his own game.

I would tend to agree, I feel Ritchie's game is too erratic to be a captain, needs someone who is a bit more calm and controlled!

(08-30-2014, 07:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Don't forget, Roy is part of a board, possibly he voted to keep Derek, but was out voted?

Could that have happened - he genuinely sounded upset earlier in the week and today still sung Derek's praises, maybe he wanted to keep Derek but get rid of George, but Derek decided to go also!?

I'm sure we'll never know - by the sounds of things the players were as shocked today so no big reaction as some would expect if there had been loads of problems behind the scenes??

Incredibly naive. Roy gets and does what he wants. You are only appointed to the board on those terms. If you disagree you go.

So what about the ultimatum from an investor - sack the Adams or I walk and take my money with me - if that were true it makes Roy look quite weak!

(08-31-2014, 05:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: So what about the ultimatum from an investor - sack the Adams or I walk and take my money with me - if that were true it makes Roy look quite weak!

You don't half talk some drivel.

(08-31-2014, 05:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: So what about the ultimatum from an investor - sack the Adams or I walk and take my money with me - if that were true it makes Roy look quite weak!

It depends on the size of the investment and any future investments, then it makes Roy look business like and strong

Jesus, are we now unhappy with Roy McGregor?
What the actual [censored] do County fans want/expect.