Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
New Manager
The favourites, according to McBookie, make for rather depressing reading.

Butcher? No thanks.
Lennon? No thanks.
Neale Cooper? No thanks.
Gary Locke? No thanks.
Kenny Shiels? No thanks.
Colin Cameron? No thanks.

Ian Murray sticks out as a good appointment but I don't think he'll take the job (if offered).

Hopefully the club don't just resort to the "Which manager, currently out of work, used to manage a Scottish club?" recruitment method.

Important decision, we can but hope that the club make the right one.

tired and predictable list. Lennon? He's going to give up managing the biggest club in the SPL, then want to return to Ross County? heehaw!

Brittain / Munro dream team.

(08-28-2014, 12:32 PM)GHU1967 Wrote: tired and predictable list. Lennon? He's going to give up managing the biggest club in the SPL, then want to return to Ross County? heehaw!

I presume it Danny Lennon not Neil, wouldnt want either TBH

(08-28-2014, 12:32 PM)GHU1967 Wrote: tired and predictable list. Lennon? He's going to give up managing the biggest club in the SPL, then want to return to Ross County? heehaw!

I think he was referring to Danny Lennon, ex St Mirren manager....

As I just said in the other thread; Steven Ferguson for me.

Gary Locke would be a shout. Butcher never got a chance to work with a team of his choosing at hibs and you can't say the players and contact he has in the south are of a poor quality. and we are not bigots in dingwall so non of this calley /county crap. Managers are managers ,,barr Lennon and McCoist

Am I right in saying Brittain was doing courses with a view to becoming an agent? For all Fergie has (relative) experience with u-20s/development squad, I'm wondering if and hoping Brittain has some decent contacts?

Would be surprised if we got anyone before window closes, but just a thought that popped in my head.

Tony Dingwall
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Strathy, I'm a bit puzzled - why "No thanks" for Gary Locke, but Ian Murray = "good appointment"?
Cheers

(08-28-2014, 01:42 PM)Rosscubed Wrote: Strathy, I'm a bit puzzled - why "No thanks" for Gary Locke, but Ian Murray = "good appointment"?
Cheers

Rosscubed.
You echo my thoughts.

Maggie Patterson.

It's Gary Locke for me.

(08-28-2014, 01:42 PM)Rosscubed Wrote: Strathy, I'm a bit puzzled - why "No thanks" for Gary Locke, but Ian Murray = "good appointment"?
Cheers

Gary Locke is totally incompetent. People forget that Hearts looked abysmal up until March. The Hearts fans on Twitter and other forums don't exactly speak highly of him. A coach? Yeah, he's fine. A manager? Nope. It's not as if Hearts gave him the job based on any credentials, it's only because he was there.

Murray, on the other hand, has worked wonders at Dumbarton. He kept them up in his first season (he came in when they had 5 points from 13 games; they finished on 43 points) and they finished 5th last season. For a part-time team (averaging less than 950 per home game) in the First Division, that is an extraordinary couple of achievements.

Could go down the Leeds route and take someone from non-league in and wonder why we're getting spanked every game Tongue

Although they do have 3 points more than we do right now...

Tommy Regan. Ticks all the local need boxes
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

I'd love to see Neil Lennon appointed just to see some of the bigots in this area choking on their pints of lagerTongue
I wouldn't say no to Butcher he knows what it takes to run a football club up here, he always found some decent players for Caley and while his style of play isn't for everyone he certainly got results and a lot of folk on here have been bemoaning the lack of results lately, he's always had respect for County and Roy McGregor and he loves living up here.
My only problem is what to do with my Argie flagBig Grin

Jim Hyslop/Alan Gair co-managing dream team.

In all seriousness though, Terry Butcher would be a silly choice. Has only done a good job with Caley but took them as far as he could. Look at the job Hughes is doing at the moment and you can see Caley could have been taken slightly further by Butcher.

I can't see either of Locke or Murray leaving the central belt to join us. Will likely be an ex-player or a 50/60 year old who has plenty of 'experience'.

I'd like to see Ferguson given until Christmas. Then take it from there.

I'd imagine though that Roy will have a shortlist of potential replacements already in place.

To be contentious & throw in a hand granade - How about TTTerry BBBBButcher as director of Football and Ferguson / Brittain as Manager and assistant with a brief to run till the New Year then review.

What about someone from abroad. Holland or the like?
Maybe even one of our players has some decent contacts with someone with a decent pedigree keen to try something different?

Its a good job for someone.

Appreciate this is a risky shout, just trying to think outside the box.
Inside the box is pretty depressing.