Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Adams
(08-28-2014, 11:49 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote:

Big Eck Mcliesh

Recently appointed to the Genk job.

(08-28-2014, 11:09 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: Feel very sad about this. They were very much part of the club. George and Derek, thanks for taking this small club to the heights we are at, it wouldn't have happened without you. Wish you and your family all the best for the future.

See you watched Roy's speech word for word

(08-28-2014, 11:49 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Looks like you could get a like if you said anything Stuart, ha ha
Not good to see anyone loose their job, but change of direction, could this mean longer contract and people leaving over th weekend with others coming in on playing side. Young guns will be to the fore

Big Eck Mcliesh

Psst heard rumour Roy's sent for Malky Mackay a lot of players will jack it and county won't have to honour contract Just sayin !!!

Mcleish just appointed manager of FC GENK in Beldium. I would go for Ian Murray at Dumbarton. He has done wonders with them in past two years.

(08-28-2014, 11:56 AM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote: Mcleish just appointed manager of FC GENK in Beldium. I would go for Ian Murray at Dumbarton. He has done wonders with them in past two years.

Does anyone think, that somebody already knows but is keeping quiet until The board meet and spokesman tells media, ie Roy had a person lined up

Probably cannot afford him but ex player Owen Coyle is out of work as far as I know.

(08-28-2014, 11:59 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Does anyone think, that somebody already knows but is keeping quiet until The board meet and spokesman tells media, ie Roy had a person lined up

Pretty sure Roy has someone in line for the job. Big decision to sack our best ever manager without having an idea on who can do a better job. This is massive at this time of the season when we have been struggling . Bear in mind Derek and George have signed all these players only a few weeks ago, which must have been sanctioned by Roy and now he has sacked said two. Something must have provoked such a decision. Guess we will never know.

(08-28-2014, 11:56 AM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote: Mcleish just appointed manager of FC GENK in Beldium. I would go for Ian Murray at Dumbarton. He has done wonders with them in past two years.

Thank the good lord. He would have been good for one season until he was allowed to buy his "own" players.

Interview with Roy MacGregor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/28968024

(08-28-2014, 12:05 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Thank the good lord. He would have been good for one season until he was allowed to buy his "own" players.

Alex Mcliesh worked with a low budget, he was told the score by Murray mint I'm skintight
Mcliesh used bosman signings did two trebles not bad e did sign ne bad player but generally did wel and cuffed Martin one ill

Jimmy Calderwood

I first met George when he attended the SOS meetings. Liked him from the off. Derek always stopped and spoke to me on the odd occasion when we met and I found both of them really pleasant guys, always polite and took the time to chat. This news saddens me as they have been such a big part of this club for so long.

All the sniping taking place now about Derek is not on. His record at this club will never be surpassed and folk should remember that. Who else will deliver the second and first division titles (with style and panache). Who will take us on a 40 game unbeaten run, take us to the Scottish cup final (which will never be repeated) and then give us a top six finish and a best of the rest in the second season. For those who were there in April 2010, it will be a day you will remember for the rest of your days

On a personal level it was Derek who got my youngest into football and I will always be grateful to him for that. Juniors first game was the semi final v Celtic. Had Derek not led us there then chances are he wouldn't have got the bug. As it was he loved it and has been a season ticket holder ever since.

Last spoke to George just before the start of the season. He was his usual lively self and took time out to speak to my youngest-he couldn't wait to get home to tell his Mum that George had given him a Mars Bar!

I would like to thank both Derek and George for what they have achieved here. Without them I am sure we wouldn't be where we are now. A period of uncertainty now faces us for the first time in a long time and its not good.

Best wishes to both of them and I hope in years to come people will look back at the history of this club and recall what will be the 'golden era'.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

They have been hammered in the last 2 games. Not experienced enough.

(08-28-2014, 12:26 PM)Biscuits Wrote: They have been hammered in the last 2 games. Not experienced enough.

Who do you want (wee. Gordy or Barry. Biscuits) just kidding

After the way Kettlewell was hung out to dry I have no sympathy for either of them. Good riddance to a pair of pritt-sticks.

Butcher please.

My number 1 choice would be Steven Ferguson.

Doubt it though.

(08-28-2014, 12:59 PM)IDW16 Wrote: My number 1 choice would be Steven Ferguson.

Doubt it though.

I would love to see Steven as county manager, but right now I doubt it SOso much
Pressure and we most definitely need an experienced man,
But tell you this whoever he is he better Keep Steven, Steven Ferguson best young coach in Scotland. Maybe it's already decided If it's Steven I'm behind him100%

Most important question - who was responsible for the pile of cardboard boxes in the background for Roy's interview?

(08-28-2014, 11:56 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: See you watched Roy's speech word for word

Nope, said it before he spoke to media

(08-28-2014, 12:12 PM)Ed Wrote: I first met George when he attended the SOS meetings. Liked him from the off. Derek always stopped and spoke to me on the odd occasion when we met and I found both of them really pleasant guys, always polite and took the time to chat. This news saddens me as they have been such a part of this club for so long.

Likewise, spoke to both a few times, most recently on way back from Holland, and always pleasant.

You can not argue with his record, as a player and manager, Derek Adams will forever be a County legend.

Ed's piece said it all for me, Derek is a County legend for what he has done for this club both as a player and Manager. As has been said by a few others both Derek and George would stop and say hello if you bumped into them down at the ground both seemed quite decent.
I wish them both well for the future wherever it may take them(Not Sevco please Derek) and i hope that if he reappears at Victoria park with another team he gets a good reception.