Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Adams
Twitter is the home to the sound of ex-players laughing...

Flynn, Fraser and Malin so far.

Very predictable.
Sean Higgins will be joining in soon.

Cant believe this! Probably the worst decision our club has ever made.

There is nobody out there that is decent enough to take over, that's free. I would like to thank Derek Adams for what Ross County has achieved under his reign.

Would take Richie as player/manager. One the few left with passion for this club and knows what it means to everyone who supports it. He would be best to fit the Community profile the club is going for.

(08-28-2014, 10:40 AM)IDW16 Wrote: Twitter is the home to the sound of ex-players laughing...

Flynn, Fraser and Malin so far.

He didn't need to be popular to be effective and given our journey and what happened when he moved to Hibs he was really effective - given the constraints under which he operated (which were fair but I think real in terms of budgets etc).

I'm sad to see him go because he consistently delivered. Agree with Stuart next choice is going to be key - we may kick on and I really hope we do though currently a little more nervous than I was even given our early season performances.

I have mixed feelings re this. No question Adams has done a terrific job on the whole however his PR is terrible. No information is given as to injuries etc and players are just not in the squad on a Saturday with no explanation given. He seems to fall out with everyone. However the big question. He did keep us in the top league (small team small budget!). Can anyone else improve this ? I'm not sure.

(08-28-2014, 10:36 AM)Haitch Wrote: Good luck to RB and SF this weekend, I have a feeling they will do very well, in fact wouldnt be surprised if RB kept the player / manager role... 1st job would be to bring back Ketts in a coaching role.

Agreed. I see no reason for rushing into a new appointment(s). Give these lads a chance for 5/6 games.

Wow, speechless as well.

His record is unquestionable to be honest but there always seems to be that niggle of players not getting on, which to be honest, how many of us work hard if we don't like our boss?

Replacement wise I think Butcher would do a job for us, we would certainly toughen up a bit. I have always hated watching Butcher's thugs play but if they are our thugs that might be different.

Nervous times it has to be said but if it were the right decision it is certainly the right time to have made it.

Feel very sad about this. They were very much part of the club. George and Derek, thanks for taking this small club to the heights we are at, it wouldn't have happened without you. Wish you and your family all the best for the future.

4 or 5 ex players coming out and speaking about this already.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few things come out in the next few days.. interesting.

Glad to see Ferguson involved in running the team on Saturday, he was brilliant managing the U20s last season.

Flynn, Fraser and Malin are just egotistical little twerps who weren't good enough and couldn't adapt to a repetitive form of training. Not one of these players who has taken to social media was able to leave their ego at home, and all were rightly jettisoned.

Amiability is not the sign of a good manager. In fact, it is often the opposite.

(08-28-2014, 11:16 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Flynn, Fraser and Malin are just egotistical little twerps who weren't good enough and couldn't adapt to a repetitive form of training. Not one of these players who has taken to social media was able to leave their ego at home, and all were rightly jettisoned.

Amiability is not the sign of a good manager. In fact, it is often the opposite.

I would totally disagree with that. Being hard but fair is the best option. He just seemed to take the huff with players. Would any one of us stay in our jobs if we reckoned we were being treated unfairly? No wonder it's Holland we go for players I don't think anyone else in Scottish football speaks to him!!!
I do appreciate the success we have enjoyed under his management but he could have still managed that with a bit better public relations

Is everyone who is calling for Butcher joking? Butcher has been sacked from every job he has taken because his record is terrible. Inverness was his only exception. Did nobody watch Hibs plummet when he took over? Also you think everyone in Scottish football hated Derek, sure they all just love Butcher.... I wouldnt want him anywhere near our club.

What contract was Derek under?

(08-28-2014, 11:30 AM)Skippers Son Wrote: I would totally disagree with that. Being hard but fair is the best option. He just seemed to take the huff with players.

Correct, but there's a very fine line too tread.....heaven forbid we go back to the days of Cooper where everyone was his mate and would go out on the weekends with them and engange in some "Lads Banter" behaviour which leaves certain players being put on lists.........and that's not the transfer lists either.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Whilst comments have been made about "taking the club as far as he can" it will be a big big ask for the new incumbent to take it further than what DA has achieved.

Really if the decision was purely about footballing matters it has been based on only 4 results which would appear premature at best and ridiculous at worst. Strongly suspect there is much more to it. Unless there is a "silence" clause it will be very interesting to hear what DA has to say in the next few days. He doesn't normally hold back!

[quote='StaggieNoName' pid='40562' dateline='1409216690']
Just reported in BBC scotland.

Can you wonder what the self opinionated prats on bbc radio tonight will make of this
The guff they will talk about tonight will be puerile as usual,but at least it will be about my club,rather than Celtic or Rangers.

Mixed feelings about Derek going. His old man, less so.

The most successful manager in the club's history; he achieved great things with Ross County and, footballing wise, I'll hold many terrific memories from his time at the club. However I had doubts over whether or not he could do what he did last season, and turn a dreadful looking team around. Sentimentality has no place in decisions like this but I can't pretend that a small part of me isn't disappointed with how this panned out.

On balance it was the right decision. I have no issue with Derek's personality, it wasn't an issue during the good times - however there was, according to some accounts, a less than pleasant atmosphere hanging around the club. FWIW, I'd be more inclined to point the finger of blame at his dad as far as that goes. The recent signing policy was short-sighted to say the least, and that is my biggest issue. Some great finds but more often than not, the dross outweighed the class - for ever De Leeuw or Hainault, there was a Brian McLean or Orhan Mustafi. Looking at all the players County have had since promotion, there's a team worthy of a top three finish in there.

IMO, Derek should have been given time to manage without his dad casting a shadow over him. He is a good manager, I don't there's any question about that. His next job needs to be one without his dad, and I genuinely believe that will be the making of him.

Cheers Derek. The good times outweigh the bad but sadly this was probably the right move.

As far as replacements go? I'm not overly enamoured with the Butcher shouts and nobody obvious sticks out as an adequate replacement. County really need to get this right, and it's certainly the most important decision the club has had to make in a long time.

(08-28-2014, 10:16 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Tyrone Smith ‏@TyroneSTV
Captain Richard Brittain and assistant boss Steve Ferguson will take the team this weekend

Looks like you could get a like if you said anything Stuart, ha ha
Not good to see anyone loose their job, but change of direction, could this mean longer contract and people leaving over th weekend with others coming in on playing side. Young guns will be to the fore

(08-28-2014, 11:48 AM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Mixed feelings about Derek going. His old man, less so.

The most successful manager in the club's history; he achieved great things with Ross County and, footballing wise, I'll hold many terrific memories from his time at the club. However I had doubts over whether or not he could do what he did last season, and turn a dreadful looking team around. Sentimentality has no place in decisions like this but I can't pretend that a small part of me isn't disappointed with how this panned out.

On balance it was the right decision. I have no issue with Derek's personality, it wasn't an issue during the good times - however there was, according to some accounts, a less than pleasant atmosphere hanging around the club. FWIW, I'd be more inclined to point the finger of blame at his dad as far as that goes. The recent signing policy was short-sighted to say the least, and that is my biggest issue. Some great finds but more often than not, the dross outweighed the class - for ever De Leeuw or Hainault, there was a Brian McLean or Orhan Mustafi. Looking at all the players County have had since promotion, there's a team worthy of a top three finish in there.

IMO, Derek should have been given time to manage without his dad casting a shadow over him. He is a good manager, I don't there's any question about that. His next job needs to be one without his dad, and I genuinely believe that will be the making of him.

Cheers Derek. The good times outweigh the bad but sadly this was probably the right move.

As far as replacements go? I'm not overly enamoured with the Butcher shouts and nobody obvious sticks out as an adequate replacement. County really need to get this right, and it's certainly the most important decision the club has had to make in a long time.

Big Eck Mcliesh

(08-28-2014, 11:49 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Looks like you could get a like if you said anything Stuart, ha ha
Not good to see anyone loose their job, but change of direction, could this mean longer contract and people leaving over th weekend with others coming in on playing side. Young guns will be to the fore

Big Eck Mcliesh

Psst heard rumour Roy's sent for Malky Mackay a lot of players will jack it and county won't have to honour contract Just sayin !!!

(08-28-2014, 11:33 AM)theweehighlander Wrote: Is everyone who is calling for Butcher joking? Butcher has been sacked from every job he has taken because his record is terrible. Inverness was his only exception. Did nobody watch Hibs plummet when he took over? Also you think everyone in Scottish football hated Derek, sure they all just love Butcher.... I wouldnt want him anywhere near our club.

People don't need to joke about it.
And once again they are entitled to their opinion.
It's a very serious issue.
The next appointment has to be right.
If it is Terry Butcher, welcome to the club, get on with it and get some good football played.
I might not agree with the new appointment, but I will (as usual) accept it.
Rest assured the team and new manager will have my vocal backing from the stand.

McLeish just got a job in Belgium so it won't be him.