Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Adams
Just reported in BBC scotland.
AngelAngel

yup also on the news real on Sky sports now.

I was told about the meeting that everyone was being called to last night but I thought naaa surely not but hey ho on we go.

Who are the leading candidates then?

?????????????????????????
Who do we get in instead?
Half-expecting Terry Butcher to be unveiled...

Wow.
Speechless.

(08-28-2014, 10:10 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: ?????????????????????????

That would not surprise me in the slightest.

That's a real shock.

I hope we have someone lined up, there's been some really poor managerial choices in the SPL over the past 18 months.

Terry Butcher is the only one I can think of...

Good news,TERRY BUTCHER come on down

Also on official Website!
AngelAngel

I can't believe that.

Tyrone Smith ‏@TyroneSTV
Captain Richard Brittain and assistant boss Steve Ferguson will take the team this weekend

I'm shocked. Honestly didn't think it would happen.

(08-28-2014, 10:16 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Tyrone Smith ‏@TyroneSTV
Captain Richard Brittain and assistant boss Steve Ferguson will take the team this weekend
Happy with that in interim.
Interested to see if Brittain picks himself.

Lazy copy from P&B:

A bit surprised to be honest. Thought Derek'd be given time to let the most recent team he's built settle (albeit its maybe his 5th team since we got promoted to the top flight), then if we were still [censored] in a couple/few months we'd deal with it.
He's done incredible things for County.
Not too fussed about George going. At all.

Really hoping the two replacements are a bit more diplomatic than the previous two incumbents Confused

Much more concerned about who we get as manager though?
Would agree with those expecting Butcher, imagine he'll be in the mix at least I suspect.
Don't know how I feel about that, not great really, as much as I actually like him as a man.

Genuinely shocked.
I guess there is more to it than the 4 league defeats, but we'll never know.

At this stage we have no idea whether it is the right or wrong decision.
One thing is for sure, our track record of appointing new managers is pretty poor, and this worries me.

I'd like to thank both Adams for what they have done for this club, whether you liked them or not, their record speaks for itself.
Best of luck to the pair of them for their future careers.

I have no idea who they have lined up. Presumably they've identified their man, and he's currently unemployed. Johan Mjallby's name was mentioned in dispatches when he left Celtic, has he got a job?

The more I think about it, the more I believe Adams has taken the club as far as he can. However, I'm not sure anyone else is capable of taking them further.

Butcher doesn't really fit in to McGregor's (I presume he made the call) scheme of things - young managers have generally been the way of things.

I'll say this. The timing is about as good as these things realistically get.

(08-28-2014, 10:10 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: ?????????????????????????

That would be disastrous!!!!

With the transfer window closing in 3 days time, the new team will have to make what they can of the existing squad and we know from Hibs how good Butcher is in that scenario. I cannot believe that anybody wants him.

I agree with the comments made about the timing and that Del has probably taken us as far as he can.

The next appointment is crucial. Besides Butcher, I really have no clue as to who could potentially takeover.

Thanks for the good times Derek and George.

Wow. I had heard chatter about this but didn't expect it so soon. A team full of Del's signings will be difficult to work with. Big Tel, hmmmmmm, not so sure, if it ain't Inverness nothing seems to work for him.

I for one would like to thank Derek and George for all they've done for the club over the years, love him or loathe him, Derek has worked wonders for such a wee team considering the issues with recruiting this far north.

Early enough in the season to regroup as long as the right person is brought in but I haven't a scooby who that person is........
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(08-28-2014, 10:27 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Genuinely shocked.
I guess there is more to it than the 4 league defeats, but we'll never know.

At this stage we have no idea whether it is the right or wrong decision.
One thing is for sure, our track record of appointing new managers is pretty poor, and this worries me.

I'd like to thank both Adams for what they have done for this club, whether you liked them or not, their record speaks for itself.
Best of luck to the pair of them for their future careers.

Agree with the sentiments in your last two paragraphs.

Re -the first, maybe the board were worried by poor starts to the last two seasons and thought it reflected badly on the ability to spot players and get a good pre-season? Maybe also the constantly changing squad, although the board would surely have had a bit of a say/role in that? All this perhaps combined with some of the bad press that follows some of the relations with ex-players, Ketts being the most obvious example, and other people's general attitude to Adams (they really don't like him, which perhaps takes away a bit from the image they are trying to build of the club).

Total speculation on my part, I have nothing to verify any of that and I'm probably not helping anything with comments like that. Just trying to make sense of it. Apologies if any offence caused.

Most importantly I'd also like to thank both Adams for what they have done for this club, which has been enormous. Best of luck again to the pair of them for their future careers.

Hope we make a good job of the replacements...

Well it has come to pass both father and son George and Derek sacked

Very sad to see this partnership end like this. Derek has done amazing things in his time here. Good luck for the future.

Good luck to RB and SF this weekend, I have a feeling they will do very well, in fact wouldnt be surprised if RB kept the player / manager role... 1st job would be to bring back Ketts in a coaching role.