Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County Vs Kilmarnock
It'll really depend on the nature of the games. If we continue to play so horrifically, like at partick, then only naturally does the pressure mount. I just sense that behind the scenes, there is a growing unease at the way the football side of things are being run. In saying that, DA has climbed himself out of situations like this before. So who knows!

That is a good should i.e. using Jervis as a impact player given he has pace - if it was me, with 20 minutes to go I'd be firing Jervis and Maatsen on to terrorise defences!

Balk playing the midfield holding role is what I'd like to see - he did this against Elgin and Clach and looked really comfortable - really good and spraying passes out to wide players....but hasn't been deployed there are yet in anger! Certainly not a left back!

I'm hoping our activity isn't over in transfer window - we really need something positive to help us avoid being stranded at the bottom of the league!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-18-2014, 11:16 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Regarding the low attendance:

- £25 a ticket (way over-priced IMO)
- Similar atmosphere to your grandparents' living room
- Poor team with no local players

I wasn't surprised at all with the result. Our defence is really quite shocking and, if you lose 2/3/4 goals a game, you won't win many games.

I'd be interested to see our win percentage since the start of last season when Rocco Quinn starts.

Roco played really well our MOTM imo, if Kiss had bothered his ar$e a bit too we may have put up more of a fight in central midfield!

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...dline-436/?

Jordi Balk giving his views on the game, quite honest.

(08-18-2014, 11:43 PM)IDW16 Wrote: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...dline-436/?

Jordi Balk giving his views on the game, quite honest.

I like this guy, a very positive individual and willing to play in an area he's not that comfortable playing, just to get game time!

I prefer him as defensive midfielder, simply because we are weak in midfield and defence, and that role is going to become very important if we are to arrest this terrible run of defeats!

For the next game, our defence needs to be a lot more organized to stand any chance of stopping this run of defeats.

First goal: Yes it's amateur goalkeeping, but the striker should never win that header. It wasn't a great cross in, it was a high looping cross with not a great deal of pace. The ball in the box was 50/50 with defender and striker and it should have been an easy clearance for Dreesen. So far, Dreesen doesn't look like a dominating centre back at all. A dominating centre back would have cleared that cross away with ease.

Second goal: Another headed goal conceded. Defence was all over the place here, something I've noticed has happened a lot this season. They're not organized and staying in a straight line - far from it. A lot of fingers were pointed at Arquin, but should our right midfielder be marking the opposition striker in our own box? No chance. The defence had shuffled across and Balk should have been marking Ngoo at the back post. Instead, Balk was out of position, far too central and closer to the penalty spot than the back post. Basically playing like a centre midfielder at right back!

I don't think the full backs are stopping crosses anywhere often enough. Celcer especially looks really poor at this. He seems happy to jock the player a little then allow him to get a cross in. I would be interested to see Celcer's tackling and block statistics so far. I'll be easier on Balk on the other side since that was his first game at right back as he is, by trade, a centre midfielder. Fenlon, on the other hand, shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment.

I would imagine Adams is working hard on our defensive discipline and structure this week and hopefully see an improvement against Dundee United.

(08-18-2014, 04:12 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: That is a good should i.e. using Jervis as a impact player given he has pace - if it was me, with 20 minutes to go I'd be firing Jervis and Maatsen on to terrorise defences!

Balk playing the midfield holding role is what I'd like to see - he did this against Elgin and Clach and looked really comfortable - really good and spraying passes out to wide players....but hasn't been deployed there are yet in anger! Certainly not a left back!

I'm hoping our activity isn't over in transfer window - we really need something positive to help us avoid being stranded at the bottom of the league!

IMO Jervis couldn't terrorise a mouse, not spl class get somebody who can put himself about, Jervis deffinitely does not, he reminds of a kid testing the water

Jervis needs a spell on the bench and maybe to come on as an impact sub using his pace which he has lots of - I'd be tempted to use Jervis and Maatsen as impact subs who could win us a game sitting at 0:0 or 1:1 once the oposition tires....I think we need to start with Arquin up front with De Leeuw just behind - or give Boyce a shot with Arquin up front through the middle just behind Boyce!

The annoying thing is, I think we have the players, just don't think they are being deployed as well as they could be!

I'm actually more impressed by Jervis than I thought I would be since seeing him against Clach.

He's certainly had more about him than Luckassen had and more than that he's managed something Luckassen and Slew (almost) managed not to do and that is score/look like scoring.

Accepted though what has been said above, perhaps bringing him on as a sub would be more beneficial, Boyce has to be the main dangerman..... he's no mug and knows where the goal is......
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(08-19-2014, 01:40 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Jervis needs a spell on the bench and maybe to come on as an impact sub using his pace which he has lots of - I'd be tempted to use Jervis and Maatsen as impact subs who could win us a game sitting at 0:0 or 1:1 once the oposition tires....I think we need to start with Arquin up front with De Leeuw just behind - or give Boyce a shot with Arquin up front through the middle just behind Boyce!

The annoying thing is, I think we have the players, just don't think they are being deployed as well as they could be!
Get a replacement for Jervis and get n kisses case