Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County Vs Kilmarnock
2790 according to BBC.
We've had similar.

Harsh to be behind at HT I felt. De Leeuw, Arquin and Carey were all doing well, although we were shaky at the back.
2nd goal killed us, heads went down.
Didn't agree with the changes, should have hooked Jervis and put Arquin through middle, and I don't see the logic of dropping Brittain.

Partick are the best team I've seen so far. If we can get a settled team in the next couple of months then we should be able to compete with the likes of Killie, but it's how many points adrift we are before that happens, that is my worry. We don't have the cushion of Hearts on -15 or a poor Dundee to help us this season unfortunately.

Onwards to Tannadice.

(08-17-2014, 11:06 AM)cdam Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 10:52 AM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote: Just under 3000 apparently.

Thanks...that is a real worry.

Yes indeed. Things need to buck up, the supporters dictate and vote with their feet

(08-17-2014, 11:06 AM)cdam Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 10:52 AM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote: Just under 3000 apparently.

Thanks...that is a real worry.

It is indeed a worry. At the risk of sounding like a real anorak, here are some statistics. Season 12/13 average home attendance 4430, lowest 2837 St Mirren 27-11-12 and 3055 Hibs 30-01-13. Season 13/14 average 3787, lowest 2792 Motherwell 14-12-13 and 2937 Kilmarnock 07-12-13. This season the 2 home games to date 3267 and 2790. The similarly low attendances in previous seasons have been in the winter not August. If we cannot attract people at the start of a new season in summer weather I dread to think what size of crowds we will get in the winter. I have no data on season ticket numbers or away supporter numbers to see how this has affected the statistics but this must be having an big impact on revenue. Total home gates for 13/14 was 12219 less than 12/13 at an average of £20 equals almost £250K drop in revenue. The match day experience needs to be improved to attract people back.

(08-17-2014, 11:19 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: 2790 according to BBC.
We've had similar.

Harsh to be behind at HT I felt. De Leeuw, Arquin and Carey were all doing well, although we were shaky at the back.
2nd goal killed us, heads went down.
Didn't agree with the changes, should have hooked Jervis and put Arquin through middle, and I don't see the logic of dropping Brittain.

Partick are the best team I've seen so far. If we can get a settled team in the next couple of months then we should be able to compete with the likes of Killie, but it's how many points adrift we are before that happens, that is my worry. We don't have the cushion of Hearts on -15 or a poor Dundee to help us this season unfortunately.

Onwards to Tannadice.

I aggree with you on it being harsh, we played really well for a spell in first half again the flicks back heels Carey up the wing good tempo . Where I do not see your logic is why Brittain was dropped, honestly now Did we not look sharper in first half, I'm with on Arquan through the middle, Jervis should be left out he is not up for it,

To see so many empty seats depressing,

(08-17-2014, 09:24 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: We actually played better in first 45 minutes ask. Why? Ooh if only we could get a hard man midfield player who could hold ball dictate, and let people know. This is ROSS COUNTY

We should have signed Hammill.

(08-17-2014, 12:39 PM)Wicky Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 09:24 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: We actually played better in first 45 minutes ask. Why? Ooh if only we could get a hard man midfield player who could hold ball dictate, and let people know. This is ROSS COUNTY

We should have signed Hammill.

Hamill, he is the type of player we could do with
Don't think Del would touch him with a barge-pole though

Jamie Hamill? Really?

He's about as far removed from a "hard man" as you can get.

Hamill = No Thanks!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Just saw the highlights, pinpoints Mr Dreesen's lack of ability when it comes to challenging for headers inside his own box (first goal) and his total lack of positional awareness in the box whilst defending (second goal) when he was posted missing leaving Obadayei a free header.

I know I'm singling him out and he didn't lose the game all on his own but he's either being played slightly out of position (doesn't appear to like the lefts side), or he's a doppelganger because Bruges couldn't have paid £1.3M for him on these types of showing.......

Also, when Carey had the long free kick in the first half I was disappointed that the likes of Jervis hung around at the edge of the 18 yard box instead of running in for the spilled save which is exactly what happened.....

Fingers crossed for next week.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

just watched the highlights and it looks like our defence is terrible...our marking is shocking, lets hope it can improve...
Have to say, also not convinced that Reguero is that great either...wonder if brown should be given another shot
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Regarding the low attendance:

- £25 a ticket (way over-priced IMO)
- Similar atmosphere to your grandparents' living room
- Poor team with no local players

I wasn't surprised at all with the result. Our defence is really quite shocking and, if you lose 2/3/4 goals a game, you won't win many games.

I'd be interested to see our win percentage since the start of last season when Rocco Quinn starts.

(08-18-2014, 11:16 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Regarding the low attendance:

- £25 a ticket (way over-priced IMO)
- Similar atmosphere to your grandparents' living room
- Poor team with no local players

I wasn't surprised at all with the result. Our defence is really quite shocking and, if you lose 2/3/4 goals a game, you won't win many games.

I'd be interested to see our win percentage since the start of last season when Rocco Quinn starts.

Its simple really: Success fosters attendance.

The first goal aside, Reguero had a good game. Some good stops and he actually found teammates when he kicked the ball out. He is a better goalkeeper than Brown.

I really doubt the absence of any "local lads" has an impact on the attendance. People only care about winning.

Team for me appears to lack any passion - Kilmarnock showed a sh1t more urgency than us which is worrying! Suspect this is down to a pre-season against Highland League and FCTwente youth team eg hardly tested in pre-season - now finding the weaknesses after awarding contracts - not ideal really!

Still hope we kick on ASAP and get some points soon to raise confidence and attendance!

There is no bite in the side, there is no grafters in the side that will do the dirty work. Again with 10 mins to go we never went all out for the equalizer we were half paced chasing things down more interested in a niggling foul that making attempt to score. 1st half we played some nice football.Fingers crossed we start picking up points soon or we are in deep trouble.

I've not posted on here in a while but after watching the game on saturday I can't help but post my dismay with the performance. It seems to me that we can play some decent stuff at times, individually I don't doubt that we are capable in this league but it was frightening at the manner at which we condeded the goals. I just worry that even though we rallied in the last 10 minutes, are we just going to be so stale for long periods of the game. I fail to see how we'll be able to stamp out the mistakes at the back. It's sad to hear your own fans laughing at one of your own players, but Jervis just isn't up to it. I'm sure Boyce won more headers with the short time he was on and he's a wee fella compared to Jervis. The worry is how are we going to do in our next two games away from home, and how many goals are we going to concede. In the three games so far, the two at home we never really looked like winning and against partick we were just atrocious. Five defeats from five and the management team will be facing down the barrel of a gun.

It's hard to find positives at the moment.....hard viewing!

(08-18-2014, 03:04 PM)StaggieDoo Wrote: . Five defeats from five and the management team will be facing down the barrel of a gun.

No danger. Based on the evidence of last season they are fireproof. In the 18 games up to the year end we amassed the staggering total of 11 points from 54 including a 9 game run with only one point.

Difference was that there was a team below us with a -15 point deduction......we don't have that luxury this term!

One thing we NEED to avoid is going a goal behind. When the opposition get the first goal, it's always an uphill task and so often we lose the first goal.

Our defence and centre midfield are so poor. Our defence is in desperate need of reinforcements and I think, if we don't sign anybody else, we'll be in the bottom two in January because of this.

As others have noted, we seem so lightweight in the middle of the park. Kiss isn't match fit yet so we can expect an improvement from him. But Quinn and Brittain? I'm not convinced. I think Brittain's more about his leadership qualities than his footballing ability, at the moment. I don't think Quinn is good enough at this level and that's been proven. We definitely need a signing in this area - somebody solid in front of the back four.

I think a front four of De Leeuw, Carey, Arquin and Boyce is actually pretty good and there's definitely goals there.

Jervis has struggled a little so far, but Boyce looks good and should start the next game. Maybe coming off the bench against tiring defenders would help Jervis with his pace.