Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County Vs Kilmarnock
(08-16-2014, 06:32 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Two up front isn't necessarily the answer. De Leeuw playing where he did today, with a competent striker ahead of him will create chances.

The issue is the back four and perhaps the two "sitting" midfielders. I still think Kiss needs to play, he's a valuable asset to have in the team. Who plays next to him is a mystery - Balk, Brittain, or Quinn?
Who to play beside him?? We could do with a battling type of player, someone to get stuck in and do the donkey work, someone to free him up so he can pull the strings in midfield more easily hmm some one like Kettlewell....Doh!!

(08-16-2014, 06:37 PM)dawyckstag Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 06:32 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Two up front isn't necessarily the answer. De Leeuw playing where he did today, with a competent striker ahead of him will create chances.

The issue is the back four and perhaps the two "sitting" midfielders. I still think Kiss needs to play, he's a valuable asset to have in the team. Who plays next to him is a mystery - Balk, Brittain, or Quinn?
Who to play beside him?? We could do with a battling type of player, someone to get stuck in and do the donkey work, someone to free him up so he can pull the strings in midfield more easily hmm some one like Kettlewell....Doh!!

An injured Ketts would still fight for every second of the game. Gutted he's gone.

Balk and Kiss together, Balk could easily do the battling stuff....hearing he got sent off at the end for unsporting behaviour?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-16-2014, 12:32 PM)Marc Bell Wrote: Why does everybody feel Balk is the answer to all out Couty's midfield problems!? Correct me if I'm wrong but a certain Klok shined in pre-season last year and played little-to-no football since.

Yeah,shined in pre- season ,then was found out against Motherwell at home. Don't remember that?

Positives-A decent 4th minute applause for Ketts.
Thought Carey looked dangerous again when he got on the ball. He does seem to be sharp and his running at defences will hopefully start to yield the reward it deserves.
Thought Rocco had a good game, especially in the first half.
I think when Boyce gets fully fit he will be an important player for us. Last Sunday he was unmarked at the back post and flashed a header wide. Fast forward to today and he was in the same position but this time buried the ball in the back of the net. Good to see him off the mark.
Onwards and Upwards.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Brittain was lucky not to be red carded for kicking out at Hamill by the East stand (it might be on the cameras tho), petulant or just trying to win favor with DA either is unacceptable behavior for a captain of Ross County.

Unfortunately, we may just have to buckle in for a rocky start to the season until we find the right blend of starting eleven. We have some good gifted players, but I'm still not convinced with some of the new guys or some of the regulars that were here last season. The window is still open, wonder if there is the potential to find a gifted central midfielder - someone who can dictate play, put their foot on the ball and make things happen?

Our midfield is just too lightweight - no real brick shithouse style bulldog in there!

(08-16-2014, 07:47 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Brittain was lucky not to be red carded for kicking out at Hamill by the East stand (it might be on the cameras tho), petulant or just trying to win favor with DA either is unacceptable behavior for a captain of Ross County.

Again,WTF!

I don't envy Derek's job, I'm sure he is as shocked as we are at some of the erratic play in midfield - that's two home games and highlights of the PT game. In all three games our midfield is getting sliced open like butter, our midfielders are standing around looking at the opposition or jogging through the game rather than running to get the ball back when we lose possession.

Can anyone see the same thing - what's the answer?

I can't see anyone who can do a Paul Scholes type role - a genuine midfielder with a bit of strength! Our midfielders all look far too lightweight and it's getting pinpointed as a weakness by the opposition!

(08-16-2014, 08:04 PM)tattiedave Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 07:47 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Brittain was lucky not to be red carded for kicking out at Hamill by the East stand (it might be on the cameras tho), petulant or just trying to win favor with DA either is unacceptable behavior for a captain of Ross County.

Again,WTF!

Quite self explanatory I thought, Brittain's attempted kick out at Hamill was petulant at best, he's lucky that the officials never saw it Undecided

(08-16-2014, 10:17 PM)frankthetank Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 08:04 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Again,WTF!

Quite self explanatory I thought, Brittain's attempted kick out at Hamill was petulant at best, he's lucky that the officials never saw it Undecided

If we want to get into this what about the Killie player who slammed a forearm into Cardle as he tried to get up after being fouled. A yard in front of the ref . Nothing said, leave opposition fans to raise any problems, support the team ffs.

(08-16-2014, 10:46 PM)staggie52 Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 10:17 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Quite self explanatory I thought, Brittain's attempted kick out at Hamill was petulant at best, he's lucky that the officials never saw it Undecided

If we want to get into this what about the Killie player who slammed a forearm into Cardle as he tried to get up after being fouled. A yard in front of the ref . Nothing said, leave opposition fans to raise any problems, support the team ffs.

So you think I/we should turn a blind eye to our captain charging about trying to kick members of the opposition?
Sorry but NO, that kind of behavior is unacceptable and I expect better. And exactly how is HE supporting his teammates if he were to be sent off or suspendedDodgy I think you need to take your County tinted glasses off now and again.

(08-15-2014, 07:10 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: McGovern
Miller Boyd Keddie Morrison
Scott Brittain Vigurs
Craig Barrowman Gardyne

Happy days all scottish knowing the environment knowing what it meant to the supporter

While we need to start putting points on the board, that was a more encouraging performance especially the first half and we could well, on another day, have had a point if not all three.

We do seem to be lacking a bit o steel and composure in midfield. Wondering whether we can sort that with the current squad or whether we need to bring in one more player.

If we can get the midfield firing then we definitely have the forward power to hurt teams.

(08-17-2014, 08:42 AM)frankthetank Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 10:46 PM)staggie52 Wrote: If we want to get into this what about the Killie player who slammed a forearm into Cardle as he tried to get up after being fouled. A yard in front of the ref . Nothing said, leave opposition fans to raise any problems, support the team ffs.

So you think I/we should turn a blind eye to our captain charging about trying to kick members of the opposition?
Sorry but NO, that kind of behavior is unacceptable and I expect better. And exactly how is HE supporting his teammates if he were to be sent off or suspendedDodgy I think you need to take your County tinted glasses off now and again.

We actually played better in first 45 minutes ask. Why? Ooh if only we could get a hard man midfield player who could hold ball dictate, and let people know. This is ROSS COUNTY

(08-17-2014, 09:11 AM)Brora Boy Wrote: While we need to start putting points on the board, that was a more encouraging performance especially the first half and we could well, on another day, have had a point if not all three.

We do seem to be lacking a bit o steel and composure in midfield. Wondering whether we can sort that with the current squad or whether we need to bring in one more player.

If we can get the midfield firing then we definitely have the forward power to hurt teams.

Agree with you that a midfield player is required. First half we did do well in attack but doubt whether we have the forward power that you speak off for a whole 90 mins. In the second half, apart from the goal, we did not have a shot on goal and Samson never had a save to make. That tells the story I am afraid.

Thought yesterday's game was pretty woeful. The team is lacking quality back to front and we are easily the poorest team in the league. GA identifies and signs the players and poor DA has got to work with what he is given. I think they are identified on the strength of youtube videos sent by agents. Don't know if this partnership is working.
Financially this is an important year to stay up as next year we would reap the benefits of both Rangers and Hearts in the league. Yesterday's crowd was so poor that even Len the announcer was too embarrassed to give us the crowd attendence.
I'd stick with Boyce and Balk. Good additions. Thought Reguero's attempt at the first goal was strange after pulling off two good saves just prior. I'd try Frempah for Dreesen and give Jervis a long rest. He's just not up for it at this level.
Roll on the January transfer window before we're mathematically relegated!

People are talking about the attendance, I didn't hear it mentioned yesterday, what was it?

(08-17-2014, 10:36 AM)cdam Wrote: People are talking about the attendance, I didn't hear it mentioned yesterday, what was it?

Just under 3000 apparently.

(08-17-2014, 10:52 AM)Isle of Skye Staggie Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 10:36 AM)cdam Wrote: People are talking about the attendance, I didn't hear it mentioned yesterday, what was it?

Just under 3000 apparently.

Thanks...that is a real worry.