Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
ADAMS OUT
If Caley can blood Christie early, then there is no reason that we can't do the same with Tony!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-18-2014, 05:23 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: My main criticism is the short-term, scattergun approach he's taking in the transfer market. The turnover in players since promotion has been staggering. However, I don't know if that strategy (loosest sense possible) is being driven by the manager or the DOF. If push came to shove and you had to pick an Adams to go, it certainly wouldn't be Derek.

Spot on with that assessment. There appears to be a complete lack of any long term strategy, its almost as if we are preparing for relegation every season.

[/quote]

Spot on with that assessment. There appears to be a complete lack of any long term strategy, its almost as if we are preparing for relegation every season.
[/quote]

Totally agree surely a contract could be issued if Ross County are relegated the player is released from his contract .
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(08-19-2014, 12:01 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: Totally agree surely a contract could be issued if Ross County are relegated the player is released from his contract .

But the player might want to stay on premiership wages. If he doesn't get a better offer.

We could all come up with suggestions but do you really think that GA and Roy haven't considered all of the options?

(08-19-2014, 12:01 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: Totally agree surely a contract could be issued if Ross County are relegated the player is released from his contract .

True, but said contract (2/3 years, with relegation release/paycut clause) would still be inferior to what our rivals are offering (2/3 years, no questions asked). Indeed, why would a 2/3 year deal with a relegation clause (you're probably talking about 40-50% of a paycut) be more appealing to a player than a 1 year deal, where you'd have total freedom to leave in the event of relegation? Who'd be queuing up to buy any of our players in the event of relegation?

It's not as simple as "offer longer contracts, get better players"

There was a list posted on P&B of the players (all 38 of them) that we've signed since promotion- there's some absolute horrors in there, players we certainly wouldn't want to be stuck with us on long contracts. The memory of the likes of Gary Mcswegan being stuck here on a 3 year deal (infact, the whole Alex Smith era that required the formation and fundraising of Save Our Staggies) is too fresh in my memory for me to be up in arms about us being careful regarding contract offers

Back on topic, suggest a viable alternative to Adams (x2- if one goes surely they both go). We won't pay compensation to get someone currently managing someone else (unless in the extremely unlikely event of someone paying to take Derek off us), which means we're either looking at the Sportscene and Sportsound studios, or we're looking outside Scottish football- neither of which sound at all appealing right now. We need some points on the board by October/November, though
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-19-2014, 10:24 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: If Caley can blood Christie early, then there is no reason that we can't do the same with Tony!

I agree Tony should be getting playing time he is better than Christie but in the present climate Derek might or Stevie might just be , saying hold it Tony this lot cannot help you right now, whereby Caley have setteld team and policy is to blood young guns early,
I went to see under 11 s caley versus Partick my nieces boy Luke who was with county but never really felt accepted why?? Anyway the boy is good, When at county he was Luke Cameron. But now he has taken his dad's name Seigo Luke seiugo
I reasoned with his mum, but because caley play in under 11 league and county do not he gets more playing time. So there caley in nder 11league why can't county do that,

(08-19-2014, 01:00 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 10:24 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: If Caley can blood Christie early, then there is no reason that we can't do the same with Tony!

I agree Tony should be getting playing time he is better than Christie but in the present climate Derek might or Stevie might just be , saying hold it Tony this lot cannot help you right now, whereby Caley have setteld team and policy is to blood young guns early,
I went to see under 11 s caley versus Partick my nieces boy Luke who was with county but never really felt accepted why?? Anyway the boy is good, When at county he was Luke Cameron. But now he has taken his dad's name Seigo Luke seiugo
I reasoned with his mum, but because caley play in under 11 league and county do not he gets more playing time. So there caley in nder 11league why can't county do that,

After thinking about it Tony might help them more than they help him

(08-19-2014, 12:21 PM)Max Wrote:

But the player might want to stay on premiership wages. If he doesn't get a better offer.

We could all come up with suggestions but do you really think that GA and Roy haven't considered all of the options?

Well if not they better start to

I seen a stat on twitter the other night, that in the 2 and a bit seasons since we started life in the Premiership we have fielded a total of 53 players.
33 of those players are no longer at the club.

thats a staggering turnover of players

(08-19-2014, 01:10 PM)thejailender Wrote: I seen a stat on twitter the other night, that in the 2 and a bit seasons since we started life in the Premiership we have fielded a total of 53 players.

Wow that is staggering, when I was looking at company's to carry out projects, first thing was their account had they the money to do the work,and most important their turn over of staff and work force. If it was in the figures you say we have now, we would not touch them with a barge pole, it showed something in the management structure was very wrong so no go

(08-19-2014, 01:10 PM)thejailender Wrote: I seen a stat on twitter the other night, that in the 2 and a bit seasons since we started life in the Premiership we have fielded a total of 53 players.

That is not a good stat. Pretty dreadful.

That is an astounding turnover of players - surely that stat needs to be raised at the next fans meeting with the club - constant change doesn't do anything for business continuity or confidence!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Right Folks it's time for Tony Dingwall! someone who knows what it means to play with that shirt on their back, nobody can tell me he needs more time when I've seen Celcer, Fenlon and a few others get a starting place. Jervis or Dingwall? I know who I would pick hands down. May aswell play youth at the full back positions we have nothing to loose. I will give Adams 7 more games.
They never came North of Culloden

(08-19-2014, 03:40 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: Right Folks it's time for Tony Dingwall! someone who knows what it means to play with that shirt on their back, nobody can tell me he needs more time when I've seen Celcer, Fenlon and a few others get a starting place. Jervis or Dingwall? I know who I would pick hands down. May aswell play youth at the full back positions we have nothing to loose. I will give Adams 7 more games.

Can we do a check to see just how many aliases Tony Dingwall (or his mum) are posting under?

(08-19-2014, 03:55 PM)Forfinn Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 03:40 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: Right Folks it's time for Tony Dingwall! someone who knows what it means to play with that shirt on their back, nobody can tell me he needs more time when I've seen Celcer, Fenlon and a few others get a starting place. Jervis or Dingwall? I know who I would pick hands down. May aswell play youth at the full back positions we have nothing to loose. I will give Adams 7 more games.

Can we do a check to see just how many aliases Tony Dingwall (or his mum) are posting under?

Does it not tell you something when you think his Mam and Tony have numerous accounts? Well played smart Alec.
They never came North of Culloden

(08-19-2014, 04:21 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 03:55 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Can we do a check to see just how many aliases Tony Dingwall (or his mum) are posting under?

Does it not tell you something when you think his Mam and Tony have numerous accounts? Well played smart Alec.

Not convinced Forfinn was being entirely serious.....

(08-19-2014, 04:31 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 04:21 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: Does it not tell you something when you think his Mam and Tony have numerous accounts? Well played smart Alec.

Not convinced Forfinn was being entirely serious.....

Tonys dad and mum put n some mileage and spent not a few bob,from day one but you won't hear them say it,but yes they would love to see their son get a chance,and yes it does hurt for them to watch players lesser gifted being given the chance time and again before Tony or any local come to that,but one thing I assure you they won't do, is use different accounts, they are straight up front,good people can enjoy the craic at games, and they give their support in other ways too

(08-17-2014, 08:54 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 11:25 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Let 's hear something positive?????
Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and has made points to discuss the foreign players will hopefully come up to scratch, but truthfully it is not enjoyable , yesterday for twenty minutes I thought yes , ya dancer flicks back heels good to watch, we might even have scored, but it went flat, then went from bad to worse, we need more aggressive style play from midfield,I sincerely hope Dreeson can up his game, but Jervis is a complete waste of space no fight in this guy, opposition boss him about, Killie forwards were in about our midfield an defence bossing us whether we were on or off the ball, constant harassing, also keeper problem , casting my eye over to east stand and jail end. Pretty empty, that is what will make a difference, it is supporters choice, if not happy with product , they won't come to the stadium pity
And the positives are???? Or do we not want to talk about anything positive??

(08-19-2014, 05:16 PM)DORTAIN Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 08:54 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and has made points to discuss the foreign players will hopefully come up to scratch, but truthfully it is not enjoyable , yesterday for twenty minutes I thought yes , ya dancer flicks back heels good to watch, we might even have scored, but it went flat, then went from bad to worse, we need more aggressive style play from midfield,I sincerely hope Dreeson can up his game, but Jervis is a complete waste of space no fight in this guy, opposition boss him about, Killie forwards were in about our midfield an defence bossing us whether we were on or off the ball, constant harassing, also keeper problem , casting my eye over to east stand and jail end. Pretty empty, that is what will make a difference, it is supporters choice, if not happy with product , they won't come to the stadium pity
And the positives are???? Or do we not want to talk about anything positive??

You ask yourself a question on positives
So it should be easy to answere ha ha
What isaid and stand by is Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and made points to discuss. You are asking yourself about positives. !!!! Confusing. Dortie manny

(08-19-2014, 05:28 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 05:16 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: And the positives are???? Or do we not want to talk about anything positive??

You ask yourself a question on positives
What isaid and stand by is Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and made points to discuss. You are asking yourself about positives. !!!! Confusing. Dortie manny

As you don't understand the question we'll try again. Have you or Gudgie anything positive to say about management or players?.

(08-19-2014, 05:53 PM)DORTAIN Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 05:28 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: You ask yourself a question on positives

As you don't understand the question we'll try again. Have you or Gudgie anything positive to say about management or players?.

You are obviously on another planet or are too closely attached to yourself read the threads manny you obviously don't put the questions down right and why do you ask
Ah. Yep you've not understood anything I've said in past posts ach well. Well help in anyway we can manny. Keep taking the pills ha ha

Tony Dingwall is not better than Ryan Christie.

I bet you it isn't far off the average. One year contracts is the only way to go.