Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
ADAMS OUT
(08-17-2014, 04:43 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 03:37 PM)roth08 Wrote: Want to agree in part though yesterday the first 30 or so minutes we looked really good. I was pleased with the team selection and thought we played pretty well. I think we needed a bit of luck in that period and had we got a goal we might have kicked on. The goals either side of half time kicked us and it was a while before we climbed back.

I thought though that Jervis was better - we seemed to be playing the ball more into space for him and when he turned and ran I thought he was looking not bad. He clearly is not someone we can punt long and hope but thought he offered something.

Id still like to see Arquin up front personally as I think he is stronger and can bully defenders - creating space for others and getting the odd goal himself.

That said while disappointed I was a bit more hopeful. Confidence does seem a little low and everyone jumping on the back of the manager and team cannot help that. We might need a bit of luck and a scrappy goal to get us moving but I saw enough midfield to front to be hopeful we can score. A bit more solidity at the back and we could be just about there.

Jervisjust not good enough taking up space of a player who can produce, tell me what Jervis did yesterday and against partick ok he scored a goal against st Johnstone but di nothing before or after, he does not put himself about too easy put off and centre backs getting on top. Arquin on other hand wins 90 % of high balls and let's people know he is there! he looked really Miffed to be subbed yesterday, and Melvin looked a very angry man when you Boyce and Arquin good I like Boyce he will shine for us just wait and see

Don't disagree would like Arquin up front with MDL Or Boyce and MDL in behind. I just thought we played a little more to the strengths of Jervis but for me he should be on the bench.

MDL and Arquin both really irked it seemed to me I'd certainly have taken Jervis off before either of them.

Seems to be the way of things in life that some people find it very easy/acceptable to take constant, and many times unfounded potshots at people that are successful/are in prominent positions.

Derek's job is extremely difficult. He has to manage a bunch of guys gathered from all walks of life and get the best out of them. He has to push them to their limits to get them to perform at the highest level. Managing the egos, etc of people pushed to their limits, at the peak of physical fitness, from all different backgrounds to get the best out of them must be extremely difficult, and I would argue a job that 99% of contributors on here couldnt do.

Who in work hasnt had a boss that they've called a **** at some point only to realise later that they were only doing their job?!

Former players/staff who have sly digs/insinuations on social media are only showing their true colours IMO and show exactly why they are former players. Cant imagine backstabbing moaners are that great in the dressing room! I would say well done to any management team for having the balls to sort these guys out and move them on in the first place.

Always said that our club is very good at keeping it's business in house-and thats the way it should be. We as fans will never really know how what happens behind the scenes translates onto the pitch.

Wish the he said/she said/ heard down the pub brigade would put more energy into supporting the whole team at the club and base decisions on the facts, as and when they come out.

(08-17-2014, 08:35 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Seems to be the way of things in life that some people find it very easy/acceptable to take constant, and many times unfounded potshots at people that are successful/are in prominent positions.

Derek's job is extremely difficult. He has to manage a bunch of guys gathered from all walks of life and get the best out of them. He has to push them to their limits to get them to perform at the highest level. Managing the egos, etc of people pushed to their limits, at the peak of physical fitness, from all different backgrounds to get the best out of them must be extremely difficult, and I would argue a job that 99% of contributors on here couldnt do.

Who in work hasnt had a boss that they've called a **** at some point only to realise later that they were only doing their job?!

Former players/staff who have sly digs/insinuations on social media are only showing their true colours IMO and show exactly why they are former players. Cant imagine backstabbing moaners are that great in the dressing room! I would say well done to any management team for having the balls to sort these guys out and move them on in the first place.

Always said that our club is very good at keeping it's business in house-and thats the way it should be. We as fans will never really know how what happens behind the scenes translates onto the pitch.

Wish the he said/she said/ heard down the pub brigade would put more energy into supporting the whole team at the club and base decisions on the facts, as and when they come out.
It's all about opinions ,you are so right that anyone up there being a success is always shot at. Part of the territory I would say ,what is worrying to me and should be to all is not the moaners who pay their way and turn up each game but the ones who stay away, it was sad to see so many empty seats, so at least the guys showing up and having a moan put money into raffles tea stalls bar ect. Who worries about moaners. Not Del

(08-17-2014, 07:55 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: Take your blue tinted glasses off and realise that Adams isn't the nicest of folk and appears not to get on with a lot of people.

It's not my blue tinted specs but my normal ones. I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. I don't know Derek Adams at all, certainly not well enough to decide whether or not he is the "nicest of folk".

You sounded as if you knew otherwise. I don't do a lot of social media so I wondered if you had seen something convincing on there which I was not aware of. But apparently not.

DA works in a competitive environment so I think you should expect him to ruffle a few feathers. I think most professional footballers will be familiar with that and be unconcerned.

How did you rate Alex Ferguson, by the way? Nice bloke?

Fact is, Derek is still young and has a lot to learn, he's also a pretty private guy and a control freak in that he lives and breathes Ross County. He's first in each day and last to leave and I can imagine some of the egos don't like being pushed to get their sleeves rolled up!

It was interesting watching Derek yesterday, my seat is nearer the dugout and he was screaming at the defence to not allow the cross into the box just before Killie scored their first goal - nobody listened to him and we paid the price!

For the second one, he just looked and Stevie Ferguson and shook his head! The guy is as annoyed as the rest of us, and it must be hard at times watching the plan unravel in front of you!

Yes everyone tells me, especially Caley fans that the problem at County is Derek, I'm not so convinced, I think the issue could be the man above him who has the director of football title! I think that could well be the iron fist at County! This could well be the person working to a budget set by Roy, and delivers the players for Derek to work with as well as making the calls for others to be released!

I'm not saying Derek has nothing to do with these decisions, but I can imagine George being a tough character to deal with on a day to day basis!

I don't think County could do much better than Derek at the moment - remember how far we have come in a very short time!

Remember, it's always easy looking in from the outside and assuming what is going on in the dressing room or training ground, fact is, if Rocco, Boyd, Brown and Brittain were that unhappy, would they still be here or would they have walked like MacLean and Gordon?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Unless you can come up with an alternative, I don't see how anyone can say "Adams out".

If Adams were to go, who would you want in charge? Realistically.

People have mentioned Archibald and Hartley - they wouldn't come. I don't see any realistic improvement on Adams.

Ian Murray at Dumbarton would be another "candidate" should Adams go.

But this is all just nonsense right now.

Adams is no longer a young manager learning his trade. Only two managers have significantly more club management experience than he does. He's entering his sixth full season of management (if you add the 2007/2008 season and 2010/11 season together, then I suppose this is his 7th full season).

I don't think he should be sacked. If things aren't any different by December/January then he probably should go. He has achieved great things but that shouldn't hold County back from making a decision.

I like Adams and I don't really care about his personality - it wasn't an issue when County were winning. My main criticism is the short-term, scattergun approach he's taking in the transfer market. The turnover in players since promotion has been staggering. However, I don't know if that strategy (loosest sense possible) is being driven by the manager or the DOF. If push came to shove and you had to pick an Adams to go, it certainly wouldn't be Derek.

(08-18-2014, 05:17 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Ian Murray at Dumbarton would be another "candidate" should Adams go.

But this is all just nonsense right now.

Dumbarton have lost their opening two games, we might get him when he gets sacked........

Gary Locke, Danny Lennon were suggested to me by someone today, bit premature people!

aye great alternates there. ill pass thanks.

also why on earth would Paul Hartley leave Dundee to come to county like wise Alan Archibald.

Ian Murray a less decorated manager who hasn't achieved half as much as Adams thus far at similar stages. Poor mans Adams.
No sacrifice no victory 

(08-18-2014, 06:30 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: also why on earth would Paul Hartley leave Dundee to come to county like wise Alan Archibald.

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of your club.

(08-18-2014, 06:30 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: aye great alternates there. ill pass thanks.

also why on earth would Paul Hartley leave Dundee to come to county like wise Alan Archibald.

Ian Murray a less decorated manager who hasn't achieved half as much as Adams thus far at similar stages. Poor mans Adams.

I know the alternatives aren't an improvement. That's the point. If Adams goes (which I don't want), then the options aren't exactly great.

(08-18-2014, 06:35 PM)Exiled Staggie Wrote:
(08-18-2014, 06:30 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: also why on earth would Paul Hartley leave Dundee to come to county like wise Alan Archibald.

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of your club.

It's not unrealistic to say Hartley and Archibald are both at bigger clubs and unlikely to be attracted to County.

At least I've offered something to discuss, referee. Were you at the game tattie
[/quote]
Hi Buff,yes I was and as disappointed as everyone else,but I did not think the ref was to blame for our defeat,and yes ,8 bookings ,not a dirty game ,(bit tasty toward end)but if players keep on giving the ref verbals like Boydy did then it's unavoidable they are going to get booked.
On occasion I will blame the officials for poor decisions that I think cost us, but really it was poor defending that cost us the game on Saturday.

(08-18-2014, 05:23 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: My main criticism is the short-term, scattergun approach he's taking in the transfer market. The turnover in players since promotion has been staggering. However, I don't know if that strategy (loosest sense possible) is being driven by the manager or the DOF. If push came to shove and you had to pick an Adams to go, it certainly wouldn't be Derek.

I think that we are stuck in a catch22 position. You have to ask what as well as who is driving the "scattergun" approach. Our signing strategy will be dictated by our budget, location, the demands of players for both security and what they perceive to be their value. We won't want to risk long term contracts at "Premiership wages" in case a run of bad luck sends us down.

The result of these competing demands is that we sign players on 1 year deals. Its not ideal and do you know what I'm sure DA, GA and Roy all know that.

I think that it would be better if we could get at least half of the squad on 2 year deals. But given the comments about some of those who have been brought in I'm sure there would be many who say they're not worth it. Particularly at this stage of the season when the team hasn't really gelled.

Its at times like this when you look back to 2010 and think "that cup run was fantastic" and we were winning games in the league.

What can we realistically expect from our club. Do the maths unless we can stick a "0" on the attendances we are not going to win the league. A cup yes we will always have a chance. Europe it would be great.

But we're in the Premiership we are going to lose a lot of games. Get used to it.

(08-18-2014, 09:23 PM)Max Wrote:
(08-18-2014, 05:23 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: My main criticism is the short-term, scattergun approach he's taking in the transfer market. The turnover in players since promotion has been staggering. However, I don't know if that strategy (loosest sense possible) is being driven by the manager or the DOF. If push came to shove and you had to pick an Adams to go, it certainly wouldn't be Derek.

I think that we are stuck in a catch22 position. You have to ask what as well as who is driving the "scattergun" approach. Our signing strategy will be dictated by our budget, location, the demands of players for both security and what they perceive to be their value. We won't want to risk long term contracts at "Premiership wages" in case a run of bad luck sends us down.

The result of these competing demands is that we sign players on 1 year deals. Its not ideal and do you know what I'm sure DA, GA and Roy all know that.

I think that it would be better if we could get at least half of the squad on 2 year deals. But given the comments about some of those who have been brought in I'm sure there would be many who say they're not worth it. Particularly at this stage of the season when the team hasn't really gelled.

Its at times like this when you look back to 2010 and think "that cup run was fantastic" and we were winning games in the league.

What can we realistically expect from our club. Do the maths unless we can stick a "0" on the attendances we are not going to win the league. A cup yes we will always have a chance. Europe it would be great.

But we're in the Premiership we are going to lose a lot of games. Get used to it.

Spot on!

(08-18-2014, 10:04 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:
(08-18-2014, 09:23 PM)Max Wrote: I think that we are stuck in a catch22 position. You have to ask what as well as who is driving the "scattergun" approach. Our signing strategy will be dictated by our budget, location, the demands of players for both security and what they perceive to be their value. We won't want to risk long term contracts at "Premiership wages" in case a run of bad luck sends us down.

Spot on!

Sad day when we stop getting more home bred players to our club we are in grave danger of losing our identity, the empty seats tell a story,
IMO I say again we did not deserve to lose the game, we were the better team first half, again IMO we need a hard uncompromising midfielder who can stand on ball and dictate, and let opponents know we are ROSS COUNTY , Im saying by October time we should be flying, but not with Dreeson (Maclean) or Jervis ,somehow we must get Arquan in the middle, the rest of team were good against Killie especially first 45
We will come at it

We will come good, there is a lot of quality in the side, the issue is that defeats breed lacklustre performance, it's up to Derek to get these guys fired up for each game.

Getting Balk in front of the back four would be job number one for me, it's an extra defender who can break down opposing attacks and spark counter attacks!

I do think Tony Dingwall should be on the bench in order to stop this lack of identity issue, he's as good as Maatsen, if not more awkward to play against because of his height! Give it a shot and let's see what he has to offer, what do we have to lose by replacing one guy on the bench with another!

I'd put money on the fact that Tony would score goals......

(08-19-2014, 08:10 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: We will come good, there is a lot of quality in the side, the issue is that defeats breed lacklustre performance, it's up to Derek to get these guys fired up for each game.

Getting Balk in front of the back four would be job number one for me, it's an extra defender who can break down opposing attacks and spark counter attacks!

I do think Tony Dingwall should be on the bench in order to stop this lack of identity issue, he's as good as Maatsen, if not more awkward to play against because of his height! Give it a shot and let's see what he has to offer, what do we have to lose by replacing one guy on the bench with another!

I'd put money on the fact that Tony would score goals......

Tony Dingwall can play the beautiful game, as for me just to see him run onto park for first team. It would be fantastic ,