Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
ADAMS OUT
(08-16-2014, 10:34 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: Seriously people want this thread deleted because someone DARES to have an opinion.

Long Live The Happy Clappers and as I have stated on a previous thread we have the set
1. The players need time to gel
2. Derek doesn't know his best team
3. We are a small town team and we need to remember where we have come from.

Same bull trotted out the last two seasons.

Roy MacGregor has made us an SPL team unfortunately the product is not good enough and you can spin it anyway you like 7th flattered us greatly last season.

You can say what you like about ex players and sour grapes and most of us won't ever know what goes on behind closed doors but there is some serious lack of man management skills at the club.

We may well be enjoying our only time in the SPL time will tell but I have not enjoyed the product on show last season or at the start of this.

Who is to blame ? Can't always be the assistant manager can it.

The arguments for the defence keep quoting location and players won't sign longer contracts mmmmm Caley seem to manage fine.

Disappointing start to season but I will be there no matter what but I reserve the right to comment negatively or positively when I see fit.

DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD.
Let 's hear something positive?????

(08-16-2014, 10:52 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Caley don't manage fine, remember we beat them to top six in our first season. They have been relegated and apart from the last couple of years flirted with it from year to year. They took time to adjust and build a squad. Relax, get behind the team and management.
Close the thread until someone comes up with a sensible alternative.
Goodnight.

They finished ahead of us that season. And last season they did the same and made a cup final.

Also, I'd rather see County sign players on longer contracts like Caley do. We've lost so many great players for nothing whereas they've received good money for Shinnie for example. Unfortunately, and at times thankfully, we don't offer longer deals but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish we did on players like Vigurs, Lawson, Hainault, Iko etc.

I'd say they were managing just fine.

And as for Adams leaving; it's been 3 games, obviously it's been a very bad start but if anyone can turn our fortunes around it's Del.

(08-16-2014, 11:25 PM)IDW16 Wrote: They finished ahead of us that season. And last season they did the same and made a cup final.

Also, I'd rather see County sign players on longer contracts like Caley do. We've lost so many great players for nothing whereas they've received good money for Shinnie for example. Unfortunately, and at times thankfully, we don't offer longer deals but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish we did on players like Vigurs, Lawson, Hainault, Iko etc.

I'd say they were managing just fine.

And as for Adams leaving; it's been 3 games, obviously it's been a very bad start but if anyone can turn our fortunes around it's Del.

The point was that was the first time they'd been in the top six after a good few years in the top leagues(too late to get facts), it took them that and a relegation to get there. We're playing catch up, we might get there, we might not. Caley didn't always sign them on longer contracts, we're trying to get a core squad and it's better than last year, if we survive this year it should be better next.

(08-16-2014, 11:25 PM)DORTAIN Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 10:34 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: Seriously people want this thread deleted because someone DARES to have an opinion.

Long Live The Happy Clappers and as I have stated on a previous thread we have the set
1. The players need time to gel
2. Derek doesn't know his best team
3. We are a small town team and we need to remember where we have come from.

Same bull trotted out the last two seasons.

Roy MacGregor has made us an SPL team unfortunately the product is not good enough and you can spin it anyway you like 7th flattered us greatly last season.

You can say what you like about ex players and sour grapes and most of us won't ever know what goes on behind closed doors but there is some serious lack of man management skills at the club.

We may well be enjoying our only time in the SPL time will tell but I have not enjoyed the product on show last season or at the start of this.

Who is to blame ? Can't always be the assistant manager can it.

The arguments for the defence keep quoting location and players won't sign longer contracts mmmmm Caley seem to manage fine.

Disappointing start to season but I will be there no matter what but I reserve the right to comment negatively or positively when I see fit.

DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD.
Let 's hear something positive?????
Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and has made points to discuss the foreign players will hopefully come up to scratch, but truthfully it is not enjoyable , yesterday for twenty minutes I thought yes , ya dancer flicks back heels good to watch, we might even have scored, but it went flat, then went from bad to worse, we need more aggressive style play from midfield,I sincerely hope Dreeson can up his game, but Jervis is a complete waste of space no fight in this guy, opposition boss him about, Killie forwards were in about our midfield an defence bossing us whether we were on or off the ball, constant harassing, also keeper problem , casting my eye over to east stand and jail end. Pretty empty, that is what will make a difference, it is supporters choice, if not happy with product , they won't come to the stadium pity

Oh,that old chestnut,
Can you explain why the ref was diabolical?
[/quote]

I'll give it a go, although it will merely be conjecture.

The ref was not good, especially in the 2nd half. Why...he wasn't keeping up with the play, he possibly doesn't have the best reaction times, his processing speed may be impaired when he gets tired. He, like many refs I suspect, have a heart sink when they see they have been allocated Ross County, so unconsciously that may also have an impact.

Lots of reasons why he may have been poor. But not doubt he was, especially in the 2nd half. In his defense, the two blokes running the line didn't seem to do much except wave their flag for throw in's and off-sides. Don't they see fouls anymore?

(08-17-2014, 10:46 AM)cdam Wrote: Oh,that old chestnut,
Can you explain why the ref was diabolical?

I'll give it a go, although it will merely be conjecture.

The ref was not good, especially in the 2nd half. Why...he wasn't keeping up with the play, he possibly doesn't have the best reaction times, his processing speed may be impaired when he gets tired. He, like many refs I suspect, have a heart sink when they see they have been allocated Ross County, so unconsciously that may also have an impact.

Lots of reasons why he may have been poor. But not doubt he was, especially in the 2nd half. In his defense, the two blokes running the line didn't seem to do much except wave their flag for throw in's and off-sides. Don't they see fouls anymore?
[/quote]

You beat me to it yes in my opinion you are quite right, the refferee was never up with play,there was too many stop starts from him, and he was going by the shout, which is bad refereeing in any sport, how many county players went into book when similar fouls by Killie got away with a wG of finger, A referee can change the course of a game with his decisions and it can cost a club dearly. The Referee was DIABOLICAL

(08-16-2014, 07:41 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Think this Adams out topic should be deleted. It doesn't make any sense, and is not at all helpful. Who else agrees?

The thread should not be deleted!
It was started by someone to make his/her opinion heard/felt.
I believe in democracy and freedom of speech, and the original poster should be entitled to his/her opinion.
If we deny folk of their right to express their feelings, then we will never truly gauge feelings.
Why should a few hard core Derek Adams supporters have their own way?
At least the poster has not abused, used foul language etc., unlike several others on here, all it has said is, Adams out!
I respect your opinion, as you disagree with the post!
However, I am interested to see what other supports have to say.
One indicator? Just look at the attendances last week and this week!

Surely discussion is good, that's what a forum is about, you cannot have it good all the time, some people will express opinions that you won't like, get over it,.. I like to see good discussion on the forum, it's what keeps it real....

However, if Adams gets the boot...who would we replace him with? There really is little choice, regardless of how bad we are playing, I doubt anyone we could afford would do much better...one thing is for sure though, county need to sort out longer contracts to get some continuity ...or we will be like this every season...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(08-17-2014, 12:42 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote: However, if Adams gets the boot...who would we replace him with? There really is little choice, regardless of how bad we are playing, I doubt anyone we could afford would do much better...

Alan Archibald or Paul Hartley.

My problem with Adams is outwith the playing football side of things, it's the reputation he's giving the club, I'd like to think we're a likeable bunch but he really doesn't do us any favours and I can imagine in the future it's going to have a negative effect when we are trying to attract players to the club (if he's still around)

(08-17-2014, 12:42 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote: Surely discussion is good, that's what a forum is about, you cannot have it good all the time, some people will express opinions that you won't like, get over it,.. I like to see good discussion on the forum, it's what keeps it real....

However, if Adams gets the boot...who would we replace him with? There really is little choice, regardless of how bad we are playing, I doubt anyone we could afford would do much better...one thing is for sure though, county need to sort out longer contracts to get some continuity ...or we will be like this every season...

Agree with the longer contract shout - that is the difference between us and ICT!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-17-2014, 12:53 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: My problem with Adams is outwith the playing football side of things, it's the reputation he's giving the club, I'd like to think we're a likeable bunch but he really doesn't do us any favours and I can imagine in the future it's going to have a negative effect when we are trying to attract players to the club (if he's still around)

What exactly is this reputation that you perceive? I think that what players see is a manager who never criticises his players in public (in fact praises them even when they have played poorly) and always sticks with a winning team. What's not to like?

(08-17-2014, 01:19 PM)Wicky Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 12:53 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: My problem with Adams is outwith the playing football side of things, it's the reputation he's giving the club, I'd like to think we're a likeable bunch but he really doesn't do us any favours and I can imagine in the future it's going to have a negative effect when we are trying to attract players to the club (if he's still around)

What exactly is this reputation that you perceive? I think that what players see is a manager who never criticises his players in public (in fact praises them even when they have played poorly) and always sticks with a winning team. What's not to like?

Look how disliked he is across the league and amongst former players. There's plenty left to be desired when it comes to Adams

(08-17-2014, 01:31 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 01:19 PM)Wicky Wrote: What exactly is this reputation that you perceive? I think that what players see is a manager who never criticises his players in public (in fact praises them even when they have played poorly) and always sticks with a winning team. What's not to like?

Look how disliked he is across the league and amongst former players. There's plenty left to be desired when it comes to Adams

Evidence please - and comments on here about what posters think that players of other clubs must think about our manager are not evidence.

It's tricky enough for a manager to keep his own players happy without him having to keep other club's players happy as well.

I think your concerns are unfounded. Players have very short memories when contracts are on the table. Even if there are any players out there who would not come to County because of what they think of Adams, there are many more who would be attracted by the reputation of a young manager who has brought a club up through the divisions to 5th and 7th place finishes in the top league in the country.

There are currently concerns, but this should not be one of them.

Yeah let's get Jimmy Calderwood back.
He's a cheeky chappy and the press and Sportsound pundits seem to like him, surely that's all that matters...

Be careful what you wish for, do we want another Smith, Robbo, Leitch, McStay episode?

No thanks.

(08-17-2014, 08:54 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 11:25 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Let 's hear something positive?????
Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and has made points to discuss the foreign players will hopefully come up to scratch, but truthfully it is not enjoyable , yesterday for twenty minutes I thought yes , ya dancer flicks back heels good to watch, we might even have scored, but it went flat, then went from bad to worse, we need more aggressive style play from midfield,I sincerely hope Dreeson can up his game, but Jervis is a complete waste of space no fight in this guy, opposition boss him about, Killie forwards were in about our midfield an defence bossing us whether we were on or off the ball, constant harassing, also keeper problem , casting my eye over to east stand and jail end. Pretty empty, that is what will make a difference, it is supporters choice, if not happy with product , they won't come to the stadium pity

Want to agree in part though yesterday the first 30 or so minutes we looked really good. I was pleased with the team selection and thought we played pretty well. I think we needed a bit of luck in that period and had we got a goal we might have kicked on. The goals either side of half time kicked us and it was a while before we climbed back.

I thought though that Jervis was better - we seemed to be playing the ball more into space for him and when he turned and ran I thought he was looking not bad. He clearly is not someone we can punt long and hope but thought he offered something.

Id still like to see Arquin up front personally as I think he is stronger and can bully defenders - creating space for others and getting the odd goal himself.

That said while disappointed I was a bit more hopeful. Confidence does seem a little low and everyone jumping on the back of the manager and team cannot help that. We might need a bit of luck and a scrappy goal to get us moving but I saw enough midfield to front to be hopeful we can score. A bit more solidity at the back and we could be just about there.

(08-17-2014, 03:31 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Be careful what you wish for, do we want another Smith, Robbo, Leitch, McStay episode?

No thanks.

I've noticed you omitted Dick Campbell from that list. Hmmmm Dodgy

Ah yes, sacked for lack of style and panache, even though he wore a bunnet.
Our track record isn't great when appointing new managers. Adams apart.

(08-17-2014, 03:37 PM)roth08 Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 08:54 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Gudgie is entitled to his opinion and has made points to discuss the foreign players will hopefully come up to scratch, but truthfully it is not enjoyable , yesterday for twenty minutes I thought yes , ya dancer flicks back heels good to watch, we might even have scored, but it went flat, then went from bad to worse, we need more aggressive style play from midfield,I sincerely hope Dreeson can up his game, but Jervis is a complete waste of space no fight in this guy, opposition boss him about, Killie forwards were in about our midfield an defence bossing us whether we were on or off the ball, constant harassing, also keeper problem , casting my eye over to east stand and jail end. Pretty empty, that is what will make a difference, it is supporters choice, if not happy with product , they won't come to the stadium pity

Want to agree in part though yesterday the first 30 or so minutes we looked really good. I was pleased with the team selection and thought we played pretty well. I think we needed a bit of luck in that period and had we got a goal we might have kicked on. The goals either side of half time kicked us and it was a while before we climbed back.

I thought though that Jervis was better - we seemed to be playing the ball more into space for him and when he turned and ran I thought he was looking not bad. He clearly is not someone we can punt long and hope but thought he offered something.

Id still like to see Arquin up front personally as I think he is stronger and can bully defenders - creating space for others and getting the odd goal himself.

That said while disappointed I was a bit more hopeful. Confidence does seem a little low and everyone jumping on the back of the manager and team cannot help that. We might need a bit of luck and a scrappy goal to get us moving but I saw enough midfield to front to be hopeful we can score. A bit more solidity at the back and we could be just about there.

Jervisjust not good enough taking up space of a player who can produce, tell me what Jervis did yesterday and against partick ok he scored a goal against st Johnstone but di nothing before or after, he does not put himself about too easy put off and centre backs getting on top. Arquin on other hand wins 90 % of high balls and let's people know he is there! he looked really Miffed to be subbed yesterday, and Melvin looked a very angry man when you Boyce and Arquin good I like Boyce he will shine for us just wait and see

(08-17-2014, 02:58 PM)Wicky Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 01:31 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: Look how disliked he is across the league and amongst former players. There's plenty left to be desired when it comes to Adams

Evidence please - and comments on here about what posters think that players of other clubs must think about our manager are not evidence.

It's tricky enough for a manager to keep his own players happy without him having to keep other club's players happy as well.

I think your concerns are unfounded. Players have very short memories when contracts are on the table. Even if there are any players out there who would not come to County because of what they think of Adams, there are many more who would be attracted by the reputation of a young manager who has brought a club up through the divisions to 5th and 7th place finishes in the top league in the country.

There are currently concerns, but this should not be one of them.

Take your blue tinted glasses off and realise that Adams isn't the nicest of folk and appears not to get on with a lot of people.