Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
ADAMS OUT
Very tempted just to ignore but will bite. Yes there are issues and concerns, yes we are having another poor start to the season but we are talking about the man who got us into the top league for the first time in history, who took us to our first major final (the first Highland team to do so), who led us to top six and close to a European place two seasons ago and kept us in the division against heavy odds last season.

Just who does the OP think would do a better job on the same budget ? If he can't answer that question constructively he should just keep quiet.

Another few defeats in a row and Adams would be wise to start worrying about his job, didn't Roy macgregor haul him in for talks before the season started to hit the ground running rather than play catch up and have to rely on January signings, he's given him the chance to sort it the past 2 seasons but will he continue to tolerate this for another season. Roy is very ambitious and will want to see progression but has Adams hit a glass ceiling and taken us as far as he can go. I am not one of those calling for him to go and was delighted with some of the signings, but Fenlon will now be expoited at every oppurtunity by other teams, he's just another Bateman signing and will probably be punted in January if he doesn't improve, dreeson doesn't seem much better and the question everyone is asking WHY IS MELVIN ON THE BENCH??????????????? He looked pissed off on Sunday and his form will suffer as a result of this and I imagine he will be another one who leaves mid contract under mysterious circumstances( grant, kovacevic sproule etc) if he is not given the chance his all round play deserves. He should be the first name on the team sheet every week, absolutely no question about that at all, wasn't he our top scorer last season even with his limited appearances?

(08-14-2014, 10:26 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I imagine he will be another one who leaves mid contract under mysterious circumstances( grant, kovacevic sproule etc) ?

Whats so mysterious about age/heading for retirement, poor form and wanting to be back near his family?

(08-14-2014, 11:04 AM)theweehighlander Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 10:26 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I imagine he will be another one who leaves mid contract under mysterious circumstances( grant, kovacevic sproule etc) ?

Whats so mysterious about age/heading for retirement, poor form and wanting to be back near his family?

Grant munro was still county's best cb with Boyd could easily be playing last season Adams falls out with people too easy his man management skill is shocking from what I have been told by a few players

"Adams out" after 2 games is ridiculous of course but if we're languishing at the foot of the table at Christmas ( no -15 points teams this year ) I think Roy will show him the door.

Everyone thought he was OK on this sunny day
[Image: P4280084.jpg]

Don't see anyone complaining here
[Image: P4280015.jpg]

Whoever thought we would see a sign outside the ground like this
[Image: P5020002.jpg]

Thanks Derek.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

I think that's a bit of a knee jerk reaction personally.

My question to you is though, if the club did sack Derek Adams, who would they bring in to replace him?

The performance last night left me apoplectic they were a disgrace,total shambles,
There is only one person to blame,The Manager,it's up to him to sort this team out,these players have not become bad players overnight,direction is needed,I'd
Give the manager 5 games to get this team sorted,otherwise out and get Terry Butcher in.I can see the comments HIBS. But they were a basket case Butcher would be the man to take us to the next level up he proved it with Motherwell and Caley Thistle.He inspires teams that's what this team need,tsomeone to mould them into a cohesive unit,Adams won't do it.

Butcher - never

(08-14-2014, 04:21 PM)Ed Wrote: Everyone thought he was OK on this sunny day
[Image: P4280084.jpg]

Don't see anyone complaining here
[Image: P4280015.jpg]

Whoever thought we would see a sign outside the ground like this
[Image: P5020002.jpg]

Thanks Derek.
Well said Ed

I would Like to remind people that are saying "Adams out" that the season is over 38 games and not 2 give it time we have a better team than last year yes there is questions I would like to ask such as why is Melvin on the bench but I think we will have a slow start but we will get there

(08-13-2014, 09:46 PM)Deed Wrote: That's all

YEAH!

Calderwood or MacStay..............

Jesus

I seem to remember we got pumped by Hamilton early on three seasons ago... Can anyone remind me what happened that season?

No one is denying that county have done well over the last 5 seasons the point is Imo Derek has taken county as far as he can time to go

This forum is currently echoing with the sound of a million jerking knees! Come on, 2 games in, I realise it's a pretty shabby start to the season, but this division is going to be super-tight all season, everyone will be taking points off each other. It will come together. Personally I don't think we would get a management team who would run the club the way Roy wants/needs them to, and keep us up. Yes, we're shambolic at times on the pitch, but we are capable of good football, and i'm confident it will come. We have the raw materials for a very good team this season.

(08-14-2014, 11:34 PM)elephant_stone Wrote: I seem to remember we got pumped by Hamilton early on three seasons ago... Can anyone remind me what happened that season?

^ this was going to be my exact reply. 1-5 that day and look what that squad went on to achieve. What was the messages on this very site after that result, let me remember: "Adams Out". Get a grip some of you folk. That is all.

There was some great passing in the first half at Partick, we were even cheering each pass we had possesion for so long. But there was no desire to get it forward and pull the trigger. A bit of fine tuning and we will do alright. We get beter results agaisnt bigger teams anyway.

I am glad we have Macgregor as Chairman as some popularist Directors listen to these stupid people calling for the manager to go after 2 games. Adams has the freedom to try new things without the threat of reprisals from above. Its not even a case of giving him time, he has all the time he wants.

For those who want him to go, you are entitled to your opinion but your opinion is wrong. A cup run and a couple of points will shut you up.
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

I will come back when we are adrift at the bottom

End of August.....

H - Killie
A - Dundee utd
A- Stranraer
A - Hamilton

Big 4 games coming up considering we have played one team we would expect to be close to and one we should be looking to catch. Anything v DUFC is a bonus the others need W's next to them I'm afraid.

Starting tomorrow
No sacrifice no victory 

Utter pish that people want Derek out after 2 games! Always judge a manager at the end of a season and I'm always happy with where we have ended up at the end of the past 3 seasons! I'm sure that answers any of Derek's critics! Now please close your agenda box as all this crap fed from ex players about man management! Can't be that bad with a record like that!

(08-16-2014, 09:00 AM)Black Isle Staggie Wrote: Utter pish that people want Derek out after 2 games! Always judge a manager at the end of a season and I'm always happy with where we have ended up at the end of the past 3 seasons! I'm sure that answers any of Derek's critics! Now please close your agenda box as all this crap fed from ex players about man management! Can't be that bad with a record like that!

Spot on.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

If he's that bad and nasty, why are Rocco, Boyd and Brittain still around - if they are not happy - f*ck off somewhere else then?
Supporter Liaison Officer