Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Next Up - Raith Rovers
Next up is Raith Rovers. The current winning streak started with an away tie at Raith - a 1-0 win thanks to a Boyd header - although we could have scored many many more that day !

So the question is can we push on and take the winning run into double figures.

Raith seem to have improved a bit since then, they have the three players on loan from Hearts - who all scored today BTW.

It would be good if the County support turned out in numbers again. The team really deserve a good backing given the effort they are putting into this !

Your early with this one TJE. I was still basking in the glory of a 9 point lead at the top of the table.

The fact the Hearts boys are no duds puts some fear into me for this one.

Head says - Stubborn score draw.
Heart says - A cool 2-0 win.
Highlander29

One of my flatmates is a Rovers fan. Before their result today, he felt relegation was on the cards.

Apparently their midfield pairing of Walker and Davidson meant they resorted to long balls forward, and no support from these two. However Davidson was dropped today and I imagine that will be the case next week. I still think that if County win the midfield battle, then they win the game.

Brittain is suspended for this one I think. Today was his 6th booking in the league.

Video 
(11-26-2011, 11:25 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: ... I still think that if County win the midfield battle, then they win the game.

Brittain is suspended for this one I think. Today was his 6th booking in the league.

It will be interesting to see a Brittain-less County. It's been a while. In fact it will be interesting to see ANY change in the starting 11! 
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I can't see us dropping any points at home to Raith in out current vein of form. 2-0 win, with Raith causing a few problems as they are no mugs whatsoever.

Does anyone know or does anyone think there will be a token of rememberence for Gary Speed at Saturdays game ? Minutes applause, black armbands or something else ?

I was thinking as a home nations manager, granted he has nothing to do with our game directly.
Highlander29

I can't see there being one. I don't think it would be particularly appropriate either. I don't recall there being any remembrance for Keith Alexander when he died last year?

Macclesfield town gaffer ? Where do you draw the line I suppose.
Highlander29

Brick 
Excitement and thrills to be delivered - albeit not by reading the team sheet - but by another quality performance from:

Miller --- Boyd --- Munro --- Fitzpatrick

Quinn -- Lawson -- Kettlewell -- Vigurs

--------------------- Gardyne -------
---------- McMenamin ---------------

snore.

Bench:
Malin, Flynn, Duncan, Craig, Corcoran (or Morrison?? Nah. ZZzzzzzzzzzzz)

Winning Panache to start 3pm on Saturday.

This thread is surprisingly quiet. Are we all getting complacent that we will beat the Rovers just by turning up? Will Brittains absence (is that confirmed?) really make no difference to our steamroller? Have Rovers new recruits from Hearts shot their bolt with last week's performance?

Smile 
(11-30-2011, 10:35 PM)Wicky Wrote: ... really make no difference to our steamroller? ...

grind creak grind creak grind squeak grind grind grind

Job done.

3 points and a lovely flattened opposition.

The player suspension list is not out yet, it'll be tomorrow lunch time before it's online.

Along a similar line, I see the referee appointments are out, and we have a Mr Craig Charlston for Saturday.. Don't recognise his name, I take it he is one of the newly promoted referees this season.

(11-30-2011, 10:35 PM)Wicky Wrote: This thread is surprisingly quiet. Are we all getting complacent that we will beat the Rovers just by turning up? Will Brittains absence (is that confirmed?) really make no difference to our steamroller? Have Rovers new recruits from Hearts shot their bolt with last week's performance?

We should be wary, as Del says.

(North Star)
Adams wary of Jambos' young guns

DEREK Adams reckons Hearts starlets on loan at Raith Rovers will be out to prove a point when the sides meeting in Dingwall in Irn Bru Division One on Saturday.

The Ross County boss is determined to help guide the league pace-setters to their 10th straight win as the form is making Scotland sit up and notice their relentless title charge.

Rovers have added midfielders Jason Holt (18) and Jamie Walker (18) as well as striker David Smith (18), who join another on-loan Jambo, 19-year-old German midfielder Denis Prychynenko on short-term deals at Kirkcaldy.

Holt, Prychynenko and Smith all netted in Rovers' 3-2 victory against Hamilton on Saturday - halting their four-game losing run.

Adams told the North Star: "These players have done very well for Raith. They have used the loan system for a period of time and it was a very good result for them against Hamilton. We know how difficult it will be against Raith - it always is. They are usually tight affairs.

"These players will be looking to put on a good performance and will be out to show the Hearts manager what they are capable of at this level. I just hope that we show again how good a tram we can be.

"We won 1-0 at Starks Park in September and it was a game we should have won by a bigger margin. It was great to win and, with home advantage, we'll look to win this one also."

The Victoria Park manager warned, however, that Staggies fans should not EXPECT County to simply turn up and win against eighth-placed Rovers.

He stressed: "Raith have come off a fantastic result against Hamilton and they are always a team who are stuffy opponents."

Rovers will be looking to their loan starlets to provide the vital spark again, but they'll face a County side who have been fantastic at shutting out rivals, conceding a mere two goals in their last NINE games.

The manager said: "It's not just about the back five, it's a team effort. The midfielders and the strikers work hard to close teams down. Everyone is also contributing in the goalscoring front. Everyone is combining to make it work, which is great.

"We're nine points clear, with 31 points, which is a terrific tally, but we have 22 games to go. What we've achieved so far has exceeded expectations. I always knew we had the core of good players already at the club from last season. We added to that with players over the summer and they have helped improve us further."

County will be aiming to build on stretching their winning run to an incredible 10 games following last weekend's 3-0 win at Livingston.

Colin McMenamin stunned his old club with a double and in-form Michael Gardyne bagged his seventh goal of the season.

The Livi camp were enraged that referee Mike Tumilty decided to send off Rory Boulding for a challenge on County midfielder Paul Lawson. The claimed Lawson went down too easily, leading to the ref flashing the red card.

However, Adam hit back, saying: "I've seen the incident on Livingston TV and it's a straight red card. Keaghan Jacobs was speaking out of turn in the press on Monday and he really should have been talking about his own team-mate because it was a horrendous tackle. In today's game, you can't jump in when two feet are off ther ground, with one leading and one behind.

"If the young boy had been at a referees' meeting, he would understand that it was a clear sending off.

"Things were blown out of proportion. The lad is only 20 and I think he just got involved in something he didn't need to get involved in."

The game at Almondvale, which passed a morning pitch inspection over fears that the surface was waterlogged, smashed the Lions' proud home record.

Adams added: "It was great that we were able to go and win at Livingston, where they had performed so well for more than 18 months, spanning 30 games. To win 3-0 was a terrific result for us.

"We had created a few chances before the red card. When they went down to 10 men, we used the area well and we passed the ball well and scored two goals with movement of 10 or more passes, so from that point of view it was a good way to finish the game."

The Staggies face the Rovers on Saturday at full strength, except for Sam Morrow, who misses is out with an Achilles injury.

(12-01-2011, 09:46 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: "These players will be looking to put on a good performance and will be out to show the Hearts manager what they are capable of at this level. I just hope that we show again how good a tram we can be.

Is this a typo or just a general dig at Edinburgh?

It was noted on P&B too. Maybe he meant to say Vengabus.

(11-30-2011, 10:35 PM)Wicky Wrote: This thread is surprisingly quiet. Are we all getting complacent that we will beat the Rovers just by turning up? Will Brittains absence (is that confirmed?) really make no difference to our steamroller? Have Rovers new recruits from Hearts shot their bolt with last week's performance?

On current form, this game is winnable from our point of view. We need to continue to create chances and hopefully last weekend was the start of a goalscoring run for McMen.
I'm certainly not complacent and Rovers new recruits will bolster their team but to be honest I don't think we need to be afraid of them. We have enough players on form to really worry them.

Prediction: 2-1 to County with 2 goals from McMen.

SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Duncan has a foot injury, and Morrow still out - RS Journal.

Smile 
"These players will be looking to put on a good performance and will be out to show the Hearts manager what they are capable of at this level. I just hope that we show again how good a tram we can be.

(12-01-2011, 02:56 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: It was noted on P&B too. Maybe he meant to say Vengabus.

I think the word we are all searching for is Steamroller.

Brittain is available for this since his one SFL match suspension starts from 10/12/2011. That's according to the SFA suspension list.

(12-01-2011, 09:11 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Brittain is available for this since his one SFL match suspension starts from 10/12/2011. That's according to the SFA suspension list.

So we can expect an unchanged team and, I think, another 3-0 win. Ketts will not let the 18 year olds settle and our goals will come from Vigurs, McMenamin and Boyd.