Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 1.93 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(09-05-2019, 04:23 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: My concern is for somebody who is such a great passer, the fact he managed to pick up more yellow cards last season than assists.

Vigurs is a holding midfielder, his game isn’t further up the park anymore, so it’s no surprise he didn’t get many assists. Also he missed more than half the season. I think vigurs is best when he has five across the middle with someone beside him and someone just in front of him, that’s a role Henderson could play. Most the assists are always going to come from strikers and wingers.

(09-06-2019, 03:05 PM)yank Wrote: Vigurs is a holding midfielder, his game isn’t further up the park anymore, so it’s no surprise he didn’t get many assists. Also he missed more than half the season. I think vigurs is best when he has five across the middle with someone beside him and someone just in front of him, that’s a role Henderson could play. Most the assists are always going to come from strikers and wingers.

Read your post Vigurs is there to spray passes. To get forwards moving

(09-07-2019, 10:36 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Read your post Vigurs is there to spray passes. To get forwards moving

For me, Vigurs is there to play balls for Mullin and whoever is running the left wing to get onto primarily as that's where we've been strong. In a 4-4-2 it's too easy to crowd Vigurs out and hustle him off the ball.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(09-07-2019, 10:36 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Read your post Vigurs is there to spray passes. To get forwards moving

Having played that position at a senior level, I know you can’t play passes directly to the forwards unless it’s into feet 9 times out of ten. Very rare to play a forward in on goal from centre midfield unless you’re on a counter attack. A centre midfielder is always taught to spray passes across the park yes, but usually into channels for people to run onto...wingers more often than not, so that they can cross the ball. The quickest way to get up the park is using the wingers. Playing the ball into strikers feet is the other option to bring other players into the game. So assists if you actually look at stats tend to come from players playing out wide and other strikers. If the assists come from the centre it’s usually from one that is playing a more free roll further up the park. Which is not the position Vigurs plays.

I’m not saying you don’t get centre midfielders that have a good number of assists, but these tend to be players that are playing at a level higher than the average Scottish team. Celtic upwards I’m talking about. Even then it’s a player that tends to have more free roll. Ryan jack, arfield, mcgregor, Ntcham, Rogic, all players that are playing in the best teams in Scotland and you’ll find their assists are not all that high, single figures, due to the position they play. Scott brown and Ryan jack for instance, their assists are practically non existent.

Yank you are Barry Ferguson and I claim my £5

(09-08-2019, 07:00 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Yank you are Barry Ferguson and I claim my £5

Strikes me as more of a Jay Cartwright.

(09-08-2019, 07:59 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Strikes me as more of a Jay Cartwright.

Football knowledge clearly doesn’t strike you that’s for sure.

(09-08-2019, 08:11 PM)yank Wrote: Football knowledge clearly doesn’t strike you that’s for sure.

[Image: 490938f7d922321fa975e80f86de0aff.jpg]

(09-09-2019, 07:51 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: [Image: 490938f7d922321fa975e80f86de0aff.jpg]

Man you’re a waste if time. You do come across like the idiot that would watch that show. Probably the last to be picked for teams were you. So had to find a way to come up with idiotic responses to cover up your inadequacy.

(09-09-2019, 12:24 PM)yank Wrote: Probably the last to be picked for teams were you.

Not all of us had the illustrious Highland League career such as yourself.

(09-09-2019, 12:24 PM)yank Wrote: Man you’re a waste if time. You do come across like the idiot that would watch that show. Probably the last to be picked for teams were you. So had to find a way to come up with idiotic responses to cover up your inadequacy.

Lauchlan’s meme game is tight yo!

If anything, it proves you have no sense of humour.