Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Russell Dingwall confirmed away

https://twitter.com/ElginCityFC/status/1...0475926531
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(07-03-2019, 02:55 PM)Despot Wrote: Russell Dingwall confirmed away

A tragedy for fans of nominative determinism. And the weekly Guardian Knowledge page
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Good luck to a talented player. Hope he gets plenty first team football and shows what he's capable of.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

No dingwalls at county anymore then , wish them both well but feel as though Russell could’ve done better than elgin

(07-04-2019, 01:29 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: No dingwalls at county anymore then , wish them both well but feel as though Russell could’ve done better than elgin
If he proves himself there then he will move upwards.

Simon Power signed on loan from Norwich.

(06-20-2019, 02:34 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I'm usually very sceptical about this kind of appointment, probably borne by the fact that I consider most footballers to be fairly vacuous when it comes to anything other than playing football, drinking and "bantz" (whatever that may be). However I am pleased by this appointment as Boyd is a really decent guy with a wise head on his shoulders.

Good luck to him, I am sure he will do a great job and look forward to meeting him at the club one day. We need people at the club who have the club and supporters at their heart, and imho he has that.

Great to see Boydy back at the club. An excellent appointment for an interesting new post. We all want this to succeed - for Scott and for County, of course.
The way he was treated in his testimonial year left a bad taste in the mouth. Don't know who/what was behind it but can't help thinking "karma's a bitch"!

So what do we all think to the signing of power

(07-04-2019, 07:00 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: So what do we all think to the signing of power

Looks to be a very interesting signing, a quick look suggests Dortmund / Ajax / PSV were looking to sign him as recently as last month.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/24/do...imon-powe/

Always take HITC articles with a pinch of salt, but a local Suffolk paper also reported the same.

(07-04-2019, 07:00 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: So what do we all think to the signing of power
Certainly seems a good prospect but ANOTHER midfielder? Wonder if he can play full-back..??

(07-04-2019, 09:07 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Certainly seems a good prospect but ANOTHER midfielder? Wonder if he can play full-back..??

IF Armstrong is out for a while and DKD is away like I've heard, then we're not as heavily covered out wide as the season will probably need.

(07-03-2019, 02:55 PM)Despot Wrote: Russell Dingwall confirmed away

Yet another good local boy that didn’t get a chance

(07-13-2019, 02:26 PM)Sxc boi Wrote: Yet another good local boy that didn’t get a chance

I've certainly liked Russell D the few times I saw him play. But just because he didn't make the First team for our Premier League campaign doesn't mean he didn't get a chance.

His development is apparently better served by another route now.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(07-13-2019, 10:11 PM)Les Westander Wrote: I've certainly liked Russell D the few times I saw him play. But just because he didn't make the First team for our Premier League campaign doesn't mean he didn't get a chance.

His development is apparently better served by another route now.

You’re right, les. I’ve just a lot of pride in the community and would love to see a local boy make it. But the managers know best if someone is up to the level or not.

Being reported on Falkirk fans sites that they've signed or are signing Declan McManus.
Don't see where he would fit for us but was he not given a new contract?

(07-05-2019, 06:23 PM)Despot Wrote: IF Armstrong is out for a while and DKD is away like I've heard, then we're not as heavily covered out wide as the season will probably need.

Is DKD away ? I didn't realise that,always thought he was a good prospect.

(, 02:56 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Is DKD away ? I didn't realise that,always thought he was a good prospect.

I've been told by several folk he wants to leave, mostly due to feeling his first team chances might be limited this season. But that was some weeks ago and nothing has happened so maybe it was just rubbish.

DKD wasn't in Holland. Ketts said a few times that only fit players would travel.
So he's either injured, or Ketts doesn't fancy him...

Whatever the reason its a pity, he was a breath of fresh air when he broke into the team and he had some v good performances, obvious talent there.

(, 10:54 AM)SGB Wrote: Being reported on Falkirk fans sites that they've signed or are signing Declan McManus.
Don't see where he would fit for us but was he not given a new contract?

It'd be a great signing for them. He's probably more of a wide player than a striker in the current County squad, but you'd have thought that he'd be in with a shout given the injury to Armstrong and the puzzling disappearance of DKD.

DKD was serious one trick pony at times last season, if he couldn't cut inside he offered little. There's definitely a quality player there that just needs to be given the right coaching.