Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(08-14-2018, 02:42 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Thanks, I knew I was right, but he was beginning to make me doubt myself a little.

I seem to recall Bullock scoring more than one penalty for County.

Tony Bullock was an absolute lad.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

I remember Tony from a Cove away game where he nearly scored twice booting the ball up the park.

He had some power from a kick. Every time he did it ended up in coves penalty area.

(08-15-2018, 07:17 AM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: I remember Tony from a Cove away game where he nearly scored twice booting the ball up the park.

He had some power from a kick. Every time he did it ended up in coves penalty area.

Not as much as Stevie Hutchinson (I think).

Pretty sure I seen him score from his own box from the Jailend side. Possibly in a friendly.

(08-15-2018, 09:14 AM)Iker Wrote: Not as much as Stevie Hutchinson (I think).

Pretty sure I seen him score from his own box from the Jailend side. Possibly in a friendly.

I remember that too, certain it was a friendly, cant mind who tho?
Have Dundee in my head, but that could be way off.

Memories of a keeper doing it too but can't remember if it was Hutch or Walker. Think the opposition keeper might have given it a helping hand as it went over him. Could be the mind playing tricks though.

(08-15-2018, 12:07 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: I remember that too, certain it was a friendly, cant mind who tho?
Have Dundee in my head, but that could be way off.

Take a bow

Sat 17th December 1994 Hutchie scored our goal in a 1-2 friendly defeat to Dundee

Why did we have a friendly in the middle of December?

(08-15-2018, 07:15 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Take a bow

Sat 17th December 1994 Hutchie scored our goal in a 1-2 friendly defeat to Dundee

An extract from Forfar programme mon 26th December 1994

Dens Park men hit back after Steve’s crazy goal
Our recent friendly match against first division promotion hopefuls Dundee produced one of the most bizarre goals ever scored by a County player At Dingwall
No it wasn’t Brian Grant,Alan Duff,orGordon Connelly who scored County’s only goal but goalkeeper Steve Hutchison,his lofty clearance upfield bounced just in front of his opposite number and into the net.
The goal was scored in the 14th minute.

Tony Bullock was a character. I remember him making an absolute howler at the Jail End. Can't remember if it was a back pass or a shot but he made a complete hash of it. Didn't seem to bother him too much.

(08-16-2018, 01:44 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Tony Bullock was a character. I remember him making an absolute howler at the Jail End. Can't remember if it was a back pass or a shot but he made a complete hash of it. Didn't seem to bother him too much.

First time around, he was magnificent.

Then Jamie McCunnie came along.

Second spell, a little heavier and a little less consistent.

(08-16-2018, 04:37 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: First time around, he was magnificent.

Then Jamie McCunnie came along.

Second spell, a little heavier and a little less consistent.

I still have an immense distaste for Jamie McCunnie. He thought he was a world class footballer.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-16-2018, 08:31 PM)Despot Wrote: I still have an immense distaste for Jamie McCunnie. He thought he was a world class footballer.

I watched County a lot through the time McCunnie was with us, I never did understand the seethe towards him. Yeah he wasn't great but neither were many we had in those days but some County fans seemed to go way ott with their McCunnie seethe.

(08-16-2018, 10:37 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I watched County a lot through the time McCunnie was with us, I never did understand the seethe towards him. Yeah he wasn't great but neither were many we had in those days but some County fans seemed to go way ott with their McCunnie seethe.

I think he’s the poster child of that whole Smith era. You have to remember that when he signed, he was pretty much a first pick at Dundee United, and it seemed a bit of a coup,

As it turned out, he was a reasonable right back, and a poor central midfielder. That being said, people like David Hannah fleeced us far more than McCunnie did.

(08-17-2018, 08:30 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think he’s the poster child of that whole Smith era. You have to remember that when he signed, he was pretty much a first pick at Dundee United, and it seemed a bit of a coup,

As it turned out, he was a reasonable right back, and a poor central midfielder. That being said, people like David Hannah fleeced us far more than McCunnie did.

David Hannah was a charlatan of the highest order.

(08-16-2018, 10:37 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I watched County a lot through the time McCunnie was with us, I never did understand the seethe towards him. Yeah he wasn't great but neither were many we had in those days but some County fans seemed to go way ott with their McCunnie seethe.

The problem with McCunnie, for me, was really the problem with Alex Smith. It was Indeed seen as a bit of a coup when we signed him from Utd (where he played under Smith), the captain of Scotland u21's (I have a whimper inside thinking of that). Smith would lavish praise upon him, he would be called up to captain the u21's every single time, playing right midfield. There was a better u21 playing right midfield for County at the time in Don Cowie.

You didn't have to be an expert to see he was being built up to be something he wasn't. He eventually found his level at East Fife and got released from there...

Alex bloody Smith...

(08-17-2018, 08:30 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think he’s the poster child of that whole Smith era. You have to remember that when he signed, he was pretty much a first pick at Dundee United, and it seemed a bit of a coup,

Fair point on David Hannah, absolute waste of a jersey. I forget the name of the centre half we had around the same time (perhaps a little later) who was very similar in attitude to Hannah.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.