Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Daily Record reporting we've signed Stewart from St Midden. Announcement tomorrow apparently.

Ross County are expected to announce the signing of Ross Stewart from St Mirren today.

Which one, you may ask? Inconveniently there were two Ross Stewarts at the Paisley club before the goalkeeper version signed for Livingston earlier in the window.

Now there are none after forward Stewart has signed a three-year contract for a fee of around £40k.

3 year contract and a fee?

No pressure on the lad then.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(08-09-2018, 10:30 PM)central staggie Wrote: 3 year contract and a fee?

No pressure on the lad then.

We signed Naismith from the same club under similar circumstances............... That worked out OK so here's hoping for more of the same!

(08-09-2018, 11:42 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: We signed Naismith from the same club under similar circumstances............... That worked out OK so here's hoping for more of the same!

Management team obviously rate this lad highly, saw a comment from St Mirren fan stating that "This is a mistake by St Mirren" when our bid was accepted.

So fingers crossed he does the business, I have full faith in Ferg and Kett's - they know the type of player they want at the club and this boy obviously ticks the boxes if we are paying a fee and handing out that kind of contract.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Do County use an agent to identify potential transfer targets or do we have a scouting system in operation ?

(08-10-2018, 10:32 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Management team obviously rate this lad highly, saw a comment from St Mirren fan stating that "This is a mistake by St Mirren" when our bid was accepted.

So fingers crossed he does the business, I have full faith in Ferg and Kett's - they know the type of player they want at the club and this boy obviously ticks the boxes if we are paying a fee and handing out that kind of contract.

Seems to me they've signed him so that the reserves can play the same way as the first team - a back up to Brian Graham. Can't see him playing too often.

(08-10-2018, 02:02 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Do County use an agent to identify potential transfer targets or do we have a scouting system in operation ?

I'd like to know the answer to this too, do we send folks out to games to watch targets?

(08-10-2018, 02:59 PM)NVACA Wrote: I'd like to know the answer to this too, do we send folks out to games to watch targets?

We had scouts in Scotland and England under McIntyre and Coyle, it was the first time the club had scouts based in England as well as Scotland. Whether that scouting network is still in place now we are in the Championship?

I will ask the question...

Daily Express reporting that Cowie has signed.
I seem to be in the minority but absolutely delighted if true.

(08-11-2018, 10:04 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Daily Express reporting that Cowie has signed.

If he’s signed as a player, it’s a kick in the balls for Paton, who’d I imagine would be loaned out, and I see it as a step back.

If he’s signed as a bit part player and coach, there’s nothing to dislike at all.

We shall see, but if the three year contract is anything to go by, I’m guessing it’s the latter.

(08-11-2018, 10:04 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Daily Express reporting that Cowie has signed.

I’d join you in that delighted minority.

Really happy with this, welcome home Don Smile

(08-09-2018, 11:42 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: We signed Naismith from the same club under similar circumstances............... That worked out OK so here's hoping for more of the same!

Absolutely. Although it's probably fair to say a little more was known about Naismith.

Good luck to the lad anyway, although I'd be surprised if we'd have bought a player for the reserves?
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Can't understand why anybody would be disappointed with this. Great experience and will be able to bring on the youngsters at the club.

Count me in the minority as well then hahaha

Reports are that Don will have a big role to play at the youth academy so the three year deal makes sense and will obtain him the coaching badges he’ll be after. To be honest I don’t think you’d get a better role model for our young guns.

Someone has posted a photo of him at East End Park today ;0)

(08-10-2018, 02:15 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Seems to me they've signed him so that the reserves can play the same way as the first team - a back up to Brian Graham. Can't see him playing too often.

40 grand for a back up player in reserves? I wouldn't have thought so.

Heard about Don at the game Today and delighted as well. Great depth in the squad. Surely a no brainer for Don to come home and help us get back to the top, just think he could have gone to someone else in the Championship..

You're definitely not in the minority.
It's only because people find it easier to moan about something rather than celebrate this fantastic signing!

Welcome home Don!

Saw him further down in the stand from where I was sitting. Surprisingly as we're a little bloated in central midfield but there's no doubt he's a quality player- potentially a future boss I feel.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.