Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.43 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(08-09-2017, 10:56 PM)ELincognito Wrote: Zzzzzzzzzz.............. bored. Is it your money? If so fair play being disappointed.

Welcome aboard no fairy here he will sort people out abdcworth every penny  your just miffed as you hoped it would never happen ,he will answer younsat vversus  Dons. Ros Draper   Good for county

Delighted with the signing of Draper.

(08-09-2017, 09:09 PM)Rocco Wrote: If we've paid 100k, or close, for him I'll be disappointed. He'll be useful, not sure he's a huge upgrade over anyone we have, and we certainly don't need him enough to pay that much for him.

This. 

I think he will be a good player for us and is what we need, but I'm disappointed it has taken that amount of money to sign him.

(08-10-2017, 06:43 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Delighted with the signing of Draper.

Before ICT decided to become utterly atrocious, Ross Draper pretty much owned the derby games.  Although I'm wary of signing players on the back of them being very good against County (Murray Hunter, anyone?), of all the ICT players we could have signed, Ross Draper would be the one.  I'm very happy as well.  Great player, and frankly County don't have anyone who plays quite the same role.

Seeing rumours on the Twitter is 75k + Add-ons, Despite most sources saying "Undisclosed, 6 Figure SUM"

25k for top six
25k for a cup final within two seasons

Or so I've been told.

What is the duration of Draper's contract with us, two, three years, more?

(08-11-2017, 09:50 AM)frankthetank Wrote: What is the duration of Draper's contract with us, two, three years, more?

Two year deal I believe....

Draper is exactly the type of player we have been missing in midfield since we lost Ketts - he'll break up opposition attacks and is also a goal threat - at last we have a bit of strength and physical presence in midfield!

Really hoping that Billy McKay isn't far away from being ready to bang in the goals - I think a settled, fit and happy Billy McKay will score goals for fun in our team with the service he'll get....fingers crossed he'll get back to the player who was banging in goals for fun....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Brick 
So next thing on the agenda is the Ross Draper song.

We love Ross Draper
He isn't made of paper
Except for in the box
With his falling down capers.

Blush
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(08-11-2017, 01:00 PM)Les Westander Wrote: So next thing on the agenda is the Ross Draper song.

We love Ross Draper
He isn't made of paper
Except for in the box

Blush
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(08-11-2017, 01:00 PM)Les Westander Wrote: So next thing on the agenda is the Ross Draper song.

We love Ross Draper
He isn't made of paper
Except for in the box

Blush

Good bumping into you the other night - always great to meet the folk on this forum face to face  Wink
Supporter Liaison Officer 

staggie2509
Two year deal I believe....

Draper is exactly the type of player we have been missing in midfield since we lost Ketts - he'll break up opposition attacks and is also a goal threat - at last we have a bit of strength and physical presence in midfield!

Really hoping that Billy McKay isn't far away from being ready to bang in the goals - I think a settled, fit and happy Billy McKay will score goals for fun in our team with the service he'll get....fingers crossed he'll get back to the player who was banging in goals for fun....

Aberdoom made a great signing in Stevie May ,better than Mackay IMO but cmon Mackay we will support you

I think recent games have shown that while Mikkelsen, Curran, Dow and Schalk all have qualities to their game, not one of them is the 15-20 goals a season striker/second striker we need. Mckay could be that striker. I hope he is, once fit.

(08-12-2017, 12:23 PM)Despot Wrote: I think recent games have shown that while Mikkelsen, Curran, Dow and Schalk all have qualities to their game, not one of them is the 15-20 goals a season striker/second striker we need. Mckay could be that striker. I hope he is, once fit.

Schalk, given the right service, would score 15-20 goals a season. His finish against Motherwell was 1st class.
He needs balls behind but has been getting high balls punted up to him or has had to come short 90% of the time. Despite this he has done well in most games so far. Just my opinion of course

(08-12-2017, 01:12 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Schalk, given the right service, would score 15-20 goals a season. His finish against Motherwell was 1st class.
He needs balls behind but has been getting high balls punted up to him or has had to come short 90% of the time. Despite this he has done well in most games so far. Just my opinion of course

Agreed. I think Schalk's our most complete striker, McKay included.

(08-12-2017, 01:12 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Schalk, given the right service, would score 15-20 goals a season. His finish against Motherwell was 1st class.

We need better strikers than schalk Jamie  This Miekilson dies nothing fir me either but I've probably spelt his name wrong and it would be absolutely. Lovely if he hits the winner today !!!! Me scraping egg of face !!! Laugh at me  good craic cmon ross county we can do it

We love Ross Draper
He isn't made of paper
Except for in the box

Blush

WTF?

Schalk is working hard, but playing off scraps.

We are not doing anything to help him.

(08-12-2017, 01:42 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Agreed. I think Schalk's our most complete striker, McKay included.
Unfortunately we don't have a striker to do domit in this league ,

(08-12-2017, 01:42 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Agreed. I think Schalk's our most complete striker, McKay included.

Schalk's finish against Motherwell was class, but he's got to lean to look up and pick a shot before he shoots. He tends to just absolutely blast it when 1 on 1- usually straight at the keeper.

(08-13-2017, 11:53 AM)Despot Wrote: Schalk's finish against Motherwell was class, but he's got to lean to look up and pick a shot before he shoots. He tends to just absolutely blast it when 1 on 1- usually straight at the keeper.

Agreed.  He gets through one on one so often that he must find a way of putting the majority away.  At the moment he converts only one in five or six, at best.  I would like to see him learn from his namesake Lexi Sanchez and use a dummy to put the keeper on the ground.  Makes the dink finish much easier.