Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 2.11 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Very good striker at ICT for a few years, although it's hard to ignore the fact he's been relegated from the SPL in the last two seasons.

I thought on Friday it was very clear we needed more up front and, if McIntyre can get McKay back to his best, then he'll score goals in this league and most likely be our top scorer next season.

A gamble, but I think it'll pay off. Good signing.

(07-25-2017, 02:12 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Very good striker at ICT for a few years, although it's hard to ignore the fact he's been relegated from the SPL in the last two seasons.

I thought on Friday it was very clear we needed more up front and, if McIntyre can get McKay back to his best, then he'll score goals in this league and most likely be our top scorer next season.

A gamble, but I think it'll pay off. Good signing.

Relegation part is unfortunate, but i do believe we have one of the strongest back 5's we have had in a long time in Fox, Naismith, Davies, Fraser and Kelly/ Kenny. - So we should end his bad luck!

Naimsith/Davies/Fox/Fraser/KVDG would walk into either either the Caley team or the Dundee Utd team that went down. We've got a decent backline, neither of those two did.

Tom Grivosti (defender) has joined the development squad from Bolton.

Looks a decent sized lad, fair bit taller than Ketts.

(07-26-2017, 10:49 AM)Despot Wrote: Looks a decent sized lad, fair bit taller than Ketts.

Looks like Claire Balding.

(07-25-2017, 10:11 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: Wow, indeed, Billy McKay, welcome onboard.  I was not expecting that....

https://twitter.com/RCFCStaggies/status/...8242778114

Billy Mckay (lower case k, all the Caley fans i know are mad, the Tweet had him as McKay) will wear no 22.

Yes twitter has been a funny place this last couple of days!!!

Where was all the "folk in the know" on here with this deal though??Smile

(07-26-2017, 02:25 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Yes twitter has been a funny place this last couple of days!!!

Where was all the "folk in the know" on here with this deal though??Smile

Well I was aware of the deal being on the table over a fortnight ago but decided to let things play out to see who else would post about it

Aye, a few in my wee group heard about this a wee while back, but thought better of sharing it online.
Usually isn't worth it.

Rolleyes

Case in point Rocco Wink

To try and validate my post a bit, any 'in the know' comments are usually met by demands for sources, arguing about whether or not that stuff should be made public, etc.. Which is all fair enough.

Also, if it collapses before going public (see Ben Gordon's new contract for an extreme example) you just end up looking daft, even if the source was right enough.

So for all that the reflex is to share the exciting news, it can often lead to unpleasant exchanges, or just looking stupid. 

There's also the much more important question of whether or not the club would appreciate it being shared.

So, often folk think better of sharing 'in the know' stuff online; it usually isn't worth it.

It was 'done and dusted' the week we were in Spain apparently (not that McKay was there) but then there was a hitch with personal terms/contract I'm not sure.
Someone said he played in the closed doors game v St Mirren, not sure about that.

I'm not convinced, has been struggling with injuries, hope I'm wrong.

(07-26-2017, 07:32 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: It was 'done and dusted' the week we were in Spain apparently  (not that McKay was there) but then there was a hitch with personal terms/contract I'm not sure.
Someone said he played in the closed doors game v St Mirren, not sure about that.

I'm not convinced, has been struggling with injuries, hope I'm wrong.

Id heard part of the delay was tidying up his injuries; going by interviews in the press, Jim seems pretty confident that has been done and we should see a 'renewed' player.  Fingers crossed.

(07-26-2017, 09:38 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Id heard part of the delay was tidying up his injuries; going by interviews in the press, Jim seems pretty confident that has been done and we should see a 'renewed' player.  Fingers crossed.

Funny, I heard he was receiving intensive antibiotic therapy to rid him of any lingering Caley disease!!  Tongue

(07-26-2017, 10:22 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Funny, I heard he was receiving intensive antibiotic therapy to rid him of any lingering Caley disease!!  Tongue

Wigan did the bulk of that work already  Wink

(07-26-2017, 10:22 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Funny, I heard he was receiving intensive antibiotic therapy to rid him of any lingering Caley disease!!  Tongue

Hope he's had a thorough fumigating before he's allowed in the GES!

Jay McElevey has left the Club.

(07-27-2017, 11:02 AM)t3hShmo Wrote: Jay McElevey has left the Club.

Probably for the best. Although clearly a decent centre back, he was always a bomb scare.

Billy Mckay will hopefully give us another solid option upfront, although a similar type of player to Schalk? Potentially could have Schalk and Mckay both playing off Mikkelsen or Curran.

(07-27-2017, 11:02 AM)t3hShmo Wrote: Jay McElevey has left the Club.

Has he got anything lined up, or just a fat pay-off from us?

Wonder if Meekings will be linked / coming to us now (I hope so, as I always rated him)?