Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.43 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Photo 
(05-18-2014, 04:57 PM)Highlandblade Wrote: Will be sorry if Carey has gone. He was one player who could make things happen

I agree. He created more than most, and was able to use the wing better than most too. However if he is not happy now then best to move on.

Pressure is on Del & Dode to do some shrewd shopping. When do managers get a holiday?
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(05-18-2014, 04:44 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 08:19 AM)Boff Wrote: Looks like Carey has gone back to St Mirren on a 2 year deal

Where u hear that cos I am pretty sure that when he signed last summer it was reported as being a 2yr deal (one of th few such deals we offered last year)

Check for yourself how long his contract was here:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/graham...ktErgebnis

(05-18-2014, 04:44 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 08:19 AM)Boff Wrote: Looks like Carey has gone back to St Mirren on a 2 year deal

Where u hear that cos I am pretty sure that when he signed last summer it was reported as being a 2yr deal (one of th few such deals we offered last year)

Check for yourself how long his contract was here:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/graham...ktErgebnis

Looks like Joe Malin is back. I for one am glad.

If Carey has gone then that is not great news - good player who would no doubt have got better with more games.....shame!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-18-2014, 09:33 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: If Carey has gone then that is not great news - good player who would no doubt have got better with more games.....shame!

Must say I agree he had two great feet very fast neede games,and toughened up sorry if he has gone

Think we may need more than the seven players that Derek stated he hoped to bring in.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

This is simply our problem, too large a turnover in players each year = unsettled squad!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Carey signed a two year deal. Alistair Fraser confirmed it with the club on the same day that Brian McLean signed a one year contract.

Most clubs have high turnover of players. It's the only financially viable way to go for the vast majority of teams.

People always compare ourselves to Inverness, yet it's only very recently that they've gone down a different direction, and many are starting to regret it. ICT have very little room for manoeuvre this summer.

Yep, Carey was certainly reported as a 2 year contract.

We've still got Kovy though right?

(05-19-2014, 02:23 PM)theweehighlander Wrote: We've still got Kovy though right?

Really, bringing that back? What's the point?

(05-18-2014, 09:31 PM)Boff Wrote: Looks like Joe Malin is back. I for one am glad.

I don't think this is the right move for Joe, I haven't seen much of Brora but I have been told that he is one of there best players and has come on leaps and bounds since leaving County. It would be a shame to see him on the bench and could set him back in his career.
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

Brown and Saunders re-signed on 1 year deals.
Oikonomou is away. Gutted.
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...l-ups.aspx

I always rated Malin and thought he had real potential. I've heard rave reviews about his performances at Brora and he wouldn't be a bad number 2.

Good to see Saunders re-signed. There is very good defender at this level there, if he can stay fit.

I didn't think Oikonomou was great the last few months, to be honest. Not as good as last season IMO. Gordon played very well the last few games of the season and hopefully he can kick on next season.

Oikonomou leaving is a disaster.

Saunders will surely get a chance at centre half next year, as he's far better there than right back.

Not sure Brown's any more than a second choice keeper at this level.

Slightly worrying developments.

Evangelos is not a great loss as he has never reached the form that we seen in his first spell.

Happy to see Saunders signed up hope he plays a bigger role this season

Brown is also a valuable keeper whether he is first or second choice

Disapointed that oikonomou has left but IMO Gordon looked better the last few games than oikonomou has in his second spell
County till I die

Oikonomou wasn't interested - last time saw him sitting in the stand playing on his phone - he hardly watched the game. Need players who want to be part of Ross County. No loss

Hope saunders can get fit! Think he could be useful if he can keep fit for a spell.

Not disappointed in Iko at all actually. Has been a shadow of his first spell, unfortunately. He just didnt seem to be 'on it' this timeSad

Brown is a decent keeper. Solid, reliable, and very experienced. Not top drawer, but what are we expecting?!

Gordon had matured into a better player by the end of the season to the point where I wasn't bothered Iko wasn't starting after a couple of shockers, so I can't say it's a wrench any more to see him leave.