Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.81 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(05-26-2020, 10:03 AM)Spain Wrote: Re: the likes of Kelly & Foster etc, we'll be shedding a lot of good, but not necessarily outstanding players. Same goes for young potentials, they'll be cut at the expense of the most likely prospects. For the foreseeable, teams will need to focus on quality over quantity, and pick up guys from the massive scrapheap if they get hit by injuries. I doubt we'll keep all 5,497 central midfielders going forward, for example. A squad akin to our invincibles team, whereby you don't change lineup very often, is the approach all clubs are going to need to follow for a while.

We'll need to hope that next season we have a little more luck with injuries.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Sad to see alot of the reserve boys go but alot of names also not listed from that team- two boys from western isles (Wright and Mckinnon) as well as the boy at left back cant remember his name- so wonder what is going to happen there- maybe a couple of them going to be asked to step up?!? Reserve league has been dying for a couple of years since the bigger clubs departed so an opportunity for the league to re-evaluate things maybe? Think the academy decisions will come from sfa but cant see academy teams being allowed to play until at least next year under the current circumstances.

Who was the last player that's been a part of our team that's only come through our youth system? Tony Dingwall?

Even Grivosti and DKD don't count as we snapped them up from English clubs.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Some better news then https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...update-ii/

How is it going to work with U18 and reserve teams next season, will there actually be leagues?

(05-28-2020, 09:17 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Some better news then https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...update-ii/

How is it going to work with U18 and reserve teams next season, will there actually be leagues?
I think Roy intimated that there wont be reserve etc next season. Its however great for these boys getting a chance now and can understand the release of more senior players so there will be a cost saving as well as giving youth a chance. I suppose all the other remaining first team players are signed up for next season if not mentioned or released?

(05-28-2020, 09:17 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Some better news then https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...update-ii/

I think even when we're through this, there'll be a question of whether we go back to the previous model of every club having a reserve, U18 and youth academy setup
As for the young lads we've retained, I know we probably say this every year but I'd think a few of them (Reid in particular as he's a LB and we've hee haw options there now) will play a meaningful part in the 1st team next season, not least because we'll have an even tougher time than normal convincing central belt based players to relocate
Wouldn't surprise me if the rest of them end up playing a healthy diet of closed doors games with HL teams (or get loaned to that level) in the likely absence of formal reserve/U18 leagues
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...-dingwall/

Our captain gone. I feel its going to be a long season as losing a lot of old heads

(06-05-2020, 02:04 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...-dingwall/

Our captain gone. I feel its going to be a long season as losing a lot of old heads
Fraser has been off the boil last few seasons. Was evident that he was identified as a weak link in team.

Think new full backs will pay dividends

Not worried about Fraser leaving although we should be grateful for all the good games he has had for us and not just think about his poor current form , even more surprised foster was released now

Premiership was a step too high for Fraser. I’m not even sure he was captain material. The guys didn’t seem to respond to him. I can’t see him signing for another top flight team. Not sure why he was offered a contract and foster wasn’t. Anyway all the best to him.

Pretty amazed at the comments regarding Marcus Fraser leaving. He was our captain and was given the job for a reason. Very, very concerned about what is going on at the club just now. All very well losing players but be careful what you wish for. A senior player who has just been ditched by the club ( no names obv) contacted one of the development players who was released and told him it was in his best interests to get out as there was no prospect of kids getting a chance.
Before this triggers the usual response, can anyone articulate where we are headed?

Fraser before that awful season at centre half was a solid right back. Ever since that season he's never got close to those levels. There's a capable player there, but he just couldn't get back to it for us.

Good luck to him in the future.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Im sorry to see Fraser go. He was a very good right back and have to say he tried at centre back but just wasnt his position. We will miss the runs and crosses. The injury he had set him back but like Kelly was coming back on a game. Im all for youth but we need a good balance and to loose Foster and Fraser is concerning. Hope the gaffers have this covered

I’m sorry to see Marcus go tbh. What you got out of him was total commitment every game he played in , even when he was not at his best. Played a big part in our League Cup Winning side. My memory of him this season was making a lung bursting run in injury time to get us a winner against St Mirren.
Hope he does well wherever he ends up, as long as it’s not against us!
As someone mentioned earlier, people should be careful what they wish for, the days of splashing cash are gone.

(06-05-2020, 07:14 PM)Polarbare Wrote: Pretty amazed at the comments regarding Marcus Fraser leaving. He was our captain and  was given the job for a reason.  Very, very concerned about what is going on at the club just now.  All very well  losing players but be careful what you wish for. A senior player who has just been ditched by the club ( no names obv) contacted one of the development players who was released and told him it was in his best interests to get out as there was no prospect of kids getting a chance.
Before  this triggers the usual response, can anyone  articulate where  we are headed?
“A senior player just ditched by the club“, methinks he will have been a tad bitter and emotional. Also a development player who was released, was already out?
Where we are headed is another season of top flight Scottish football.
Lets look forward to that  Big Grin

(06-05-2020, 03:59 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Think new full backs will pay dividends
Not sure we'll be getting any
Looking at the composition of the squad right now, and considering the relative uptick in our form in February playing that way, I'd expect us to be a 3-5-2 team going forward
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(06-06-2020, 03:08 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Not sure we'll be getting any
Looking at the composition of the squad right now, and considering the relative uptick in our form in February playing that way, I'd expect us to be a 3-5-2 team going forward
March wasn’t so good though albeit two tough away games, Pld 2 ,L 2, Gf 1 ,Ga 5

Does anyone know if Keith Watson been offered a new deal or has he left too? I've not heard him being mentioned.

I hope he's been kept on.

If we haven't offered Watson a contract I'll be raging.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(06-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Despot Wrote: If we haven't offered Watson a contract I'll be raging.
Me too, think he is a more rounded player than morris whom has been offered a new contract. Think vigurs and cowie might be out of contract too. I think if the team is back training in a few weeks the side needs to be signed up now. Think there will be a wide pool to choose from come all the departures and cutbacks from other teams

(06-07-2020, 09:07 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Me too, think he is a more rounded player than morris whom has been offered a new contract. Think vigurs and cowie might be out of contract too. I think if the team is back training in a few weeks the side needs to be signed up now. Think there will be a wide pool to choose from come all the departures and cutbacks from other teams

Cowie is signed up until 2021. He penned a three year deal.

Think Vigurs is out of contract.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway