Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.81 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(01-25-2020, 02:25 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Celtic put him to us to see if he could step up,he couldn’t ,so I don’t think that will put them off loaning to us if necessary.

£50000

I believe it's that up front with some add ons.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Grivo has signed a 2yr extension (P&J).

Great news, i really rate Grivosti and want to see him play more games for us.

(05-05-2020, 07:02 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Grivo has signed a 2yr extension (P&J).
Wise head on young shoulders and i think he has appreciated that he is more likley to get game time here. If he carrries on as he has done his big move will still come. Just the attitude and type of player we need.

(05-05-2020, 09:57 AM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Wise head on young shoulders and i think he has appreciated that he is more likley to get game time here. If he carrries on as he has done his big move will still come. Just the attitude and type of player we need.
Really pleased with this news. He's very comfortable on the ball and very good vision and anticipation.

Fantastic news to get Grivosti for another two years. Not convinced he'll be here for that, but pleased we'll get him for longer regardless.

I read in the press that richie foster is oot of contract in a matter of weeks. Along with lewis spence, sean kelly, marcus fraser and callum morris.
Personally foster is a no brainer to keep. Constantly one of the better players all season. I think we would also need is knowledge next season. Maybe a 12 month with an option of another based on age. Im sure he could also start his badges if thats what floats his boat. He is certainly fit enough for another year at 34. I wonder if spense is worth keeping as he may get more game time if cowie gets injured. Fraser has had his doubters but do rate him but not in central defence and needs to play at right back, 12 month rolling contract? Kelly was rank for a time but was injured or carrying an injury. On his return he was on song looking fitter and boy can he cross a ball. I would sign him up again on a 12 month rolling contract. With morris, i personally rate watson a better defender but with Fontaine a likley part starter due to age/injury he might be worth a 12 month. I think being realistic we are likely to be in bottom 5, so a chance of relegation, so unless the young promising talent i think a 12 month would suit both player and club so the drop be realised.

Im sure there is some out there who would bin the lot but may live to regret that. There appears to be a good mix and team seems to be gelling and get on well as far as i can see

(05-14-2020, 08:04 AM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: I read in the press that richie foster is oot of contract in a matter of weeks. Along with lewis spence,  sean kelly, marcus fraser and callum morris.
Personally foster is a no brainer to keep. Constantly one of the better players all season. I think we would also need is knowledge next season. Maybe a 12 month with an option of another based on age. Im sure he could also start his badges if thats what floats his boat. He is certainly fit enough for another year at 34.  I wonder if spense is worth keeping as he may get more game time if cowie gets injured. Fraser has had his doubters but do rate him but not in central defence and needs to play at right back,  12 month rolling contract? Kelly was rank for a time but was injured or carrying an injury. On his return he was on song looking fitter and boy can he cross a ball. I would sign him up again on a 12 month rolling contract. With morris, i personally rate watson a better defender but with Fontaine a likley part starter due to age/injury he might be worth a 12 month. I think being realistic we are likely to be in bottom 5, so a chance of relegation, so unless the young promising talent i think a 12 month would suit both player and club so the drop be realised.

Im sure there is some out there who would bin the lot but may live to regret that. There appears to be a good mix and team seems to be gelling and get on well as far as i can see

Agreed on Foster, think he's worth another year. Same with Kelly. Morris is worth a deal as a back up to Watson and Grivosti.

(05-14-2020, 11:03 AM)Despot Wrote: Agreed on Foster, think he's worth another year. Same with Kelly. Morris is worth a deal as a back up to Watson and Grivosti.

Yup, I'd definitely agree with this ^^^^

Although I'd argue that Morris' superior ability in the air makes him a starter.

I'd also ask whether we can improve at right back, how's Tom Kelly coming on?

There’s me getting excited to see who we had signed or binned, only to see speculation.
Wrong thread guys

frankthetank Wrote:Great news, i really rate Grivosti and want to see him play more games for us.
Couldn't agree more - lot of time for this lad on and off the park - a proper gentleman for his age and I can see him being a big player for us going forward
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Spence, Foster, McManus & Kelly all gone. Grivosti and Paton accepted new deals. Whole lot of youth players gone.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...er-update/

(05-25-2020, 09:11 AM)NVACA Wrote: Spence, Foster, McManus & Kelly all gone. Grivosti and Paton accepted new deals. Whole lot of youth players gone.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...er-update/
Very surprised at Foster and Kelly as thought they both merited a new deal and both regulars in side. Spence was probably the 50/50 as his game time was limited. In current climate no passengers i think. McManus was on loan so likely to be out of contention.

Those that remain will need to hit the ground running when it restarts

The youth and development wont be happening next season as Roy intimated so not a surprise the boys are departing. Gutted for them all and think we may feel this 2/3 years down the line but i think we cannot afford anybody not directly involved in 1st team. 

i dont think we will be the last to severely cut back.

Disappointed that Kelly has gone and I thought Foster would be good for another year. That's our best full backs gone now.

Can’t believe we didn’t keep foster thought he was a very handy player , the rest I’m not too worried about although kelly and spence could do a job and were not bad squad players, good news grivosti and Paton are staying

The released list (at 1st team level at least) doesn't look drastically different to what it would have looked like in "normal" circumstances- neither Mcmanus or Spence are top flight players. Sean Kelly had definitely made some progress, so is perhaps the only surprise. Foster will be 35 come the start of next season- come that age nothing is guaranteed in terms of playing deals
Paton being retained is great news- could easliy see him and/or Grivo earning us a decent fee in a year or 2
No mention of Watson, Erwin, Geordie Munro, Draper, Vigurs, Tillson among others...
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(05-25-2020, 12:34 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: The released list (at 1st team level at least) doesn't look drastically different to what it would have looked like in "normal" circumstances- neither Mcmanus or Spence are top flight players. Sean Kelly had definitely made some progress, so is perhaps the only surprise. Foster will be 35 come the start of next season- come that age nothing is guaranteed in terms of playing deals
Paton being retained is great news- could easliy see him and/or Grivo earning us a decent fee in a year or 2
No mention of Watson, Erwin, Geordie Munro, Draper, Vigurs, Tillson among others...

Draper has a year left on his deal I thought?

Fairly gutted that the club has binned the development squad and the guys have my sympathies. If we have no one to develop then I guess a few coaches will need to go to? Does it herald an even greater reliance on bringing in players from down south while we ignore local talent. On a semi related subject I was pretty surprised that the Chairman has suggested using club funds to help out lower league teams. A good number of these teams have stunk out Scottish football for years, have no ambition and their entire history can be summed up as the wilderness years. A goodly number of clubs and their fans still moan about having to travel to the Highlands and I guarantee they would not entertain bailing us out in any circumstances. ?

Re: the likes of Kelly & Foster etc, we'll be shedding a lot of good, but not necessarily outstanding players. Same goes for young potentials, they'll be cut at the expense of the most likely prospects. For the foreseeable, teams will need to focus on quality over quantity, and pick up guys from the massive scrapheap if they get hit by injuries. I doubt we'll keep all 5,497 central midfielders going forward, for example. A squad akin to our invincibles team, whereby you don't change lineup very often, is the approach all clubs are going to need to follow for a while.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(05-26-2020, 10:03 AM)Spain Wrote: Re: the likes of Kelly & Foster etc, we'll be shedding a lot of good, but not necessarily outstanding players. Same goes for young potentials, they'll be cut at the expense of the most likely prospects. For the foreseeable, teams will need to focus on quality over quantity, and pick up guys from the massive scrapheap if they get hit by injuries. I doubt we'll keep all 5,497 central midfielders going forward, for example. A squad akin to our invincibles team, whereby you don't change lineup very often, is the approach all clubs are going to need to follow for a while.
Yes, Jimbo’s team tombola finally retired