Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Bloated if everyone is fit and not suspended, but Vigurs and Draper will likely miss a few games this season. Out of interest how many did Vigurs miss last season for Caley?

He played 30 in the league last season I believe.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-11-2018, 06:32 PM)tattiedave Wrote: 40 grand for a back up player in reserves? I wouldn't have thought so.

100% Agree, which Scottish teams outside the top like 3 would pay £40k for a reserve player. Absolute nonsense SH.

(08-13-2018, 12:26 PM)ELincognito Wrote: 100% Agree, which Scottish teams outside the top like 3 would pay £40k for a reserve player. Absolute nonsense SH.

Not getting the drift on this who

Does the £40k include signing-on and agent fees ?

(08-13-2018, 02:34 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Does the £40k include signing-on and agent fees ?

No idea. Considering they paid a similar fee for Tam Mikkelsen, it's not much of a stretch to say this Stewart chap has been brought in with an eye to a longer term, and will be used to allow the reserves to play more like the first team with Graham, while also boosting the bench.

When is Don Cowie going to get announced?

(08-13-2018, 07:10 PM)King_Salmon Wrote: When is Don Cowie going to get announced?

Can't be too long.

I heard that the medical was completed earlier today

(08-13-2018, 07:10 PM)King_Salmon Wrote: When is Don Cowie going to get announced?

It has been, it's on Facebook so it must be true lol

Don Cowie confirmed by the club at 8pm - signed a two year deal - Fergie quoted as saying that Don can play anywhere across the middle and had offers in the Premiership.

Comment from John Soutar below (says it all really....):

An incredible professional, player and man!
Changed the way every young player at the club lived there life when he came in and made us all better players for it .
Can’t thank him enough for everything I learned from him .
Good luck Don.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Our midfield now is absolutely crazy for a Championship side.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-13-2018, 08:48 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Don Cowie confirmed by the club at 8pm - signed a two year deal - Fergie quoted as saying that Don can play anywhere across the middle and had offers in the Premiership.

Comment from John Soutar below (says it all really....):

An incredible professional, player and man!
Changed the way every young player at the club lived there life when he came in and made us all better players for it .
Can’t thank him enough for everything I learned from him .
Good luck Don.

^^^^
THIS

Awesome signing IMO. Thanks Roy!

One of my memories of don cowie in a county shirt involved him missing a penalty as a youngster in a shootout against hearts, he was clearly devasted and only one player went to console him, Tony bullock, what happened afterwards was amazing, a real roller coaster of emotions as Tony bullock then saved the next penalty and took one himself blasting it into the net, he may have saved another one afterwards but can't remember, either way, we went through and the hearts players looked shell shocked,
San anyone else remember this game?

(08-13-2018, 09:45 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: One of my memories of don cowie in a county shirt involved him missing a penalty as a youngster in a shootout against hearts, he was clearly devasted and only one player went to console him, Tony bullock, what happened afterwards was amazing, a real roller coaster of emotions as Tony bullock then saved the next penalty and took one himself blasting it into the net, he may have saved another one afterwards but can't remember, either way, we went through and the hearts players looked shell shocked,

Don't remember Chipper's penalty but certainly remember Bullock that night. Beat Dundee the round before or after too if memory serves. Went as far as the quarter final I think.

(08-13-2018, 09:45 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: One of my memories of don cowie in a county shirt involved him missing a penalty as a youngster in a shootout against hearts, he was clearly devasted and only one player went to console him, Tony bullock, what happened afterwards was amazing, a real roller coaster of emotions as Tony bullock then saved the next penalty and took one himself blasting it into the net, he may have saved another one afterwards but can't remember, either way, we went through and the hearts players looked shell shocked,

No Don didn’t take a penalty in this game

Tue 25th sept 2001 league cup 2nd round 0-0 aet County win 5-4 on pens
Bone,Hislop,Mackay ,Maxwell,Bullock
Hearts had missed one pen so it was down to Tony (murmours in the crowd Oh! No not Bullock, well he steps up and rockets the ball into the roof of the net never seen a ball struck so hard, cue mass celebrations at the jail-end brilliant

We beat Dundee 2-1 in the next round (irvine, Boukraa)
And went out to Rangers 1-2 in the 1/4 final

(08-13-2018, 08:58 PM)Despot Wrote: Our midfield now is absolutely crazy for a Championship side.

There's a lot of goals in that midfield which could prove crucial over the season....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-14-2018, 09:20 AM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: No Don didn’t take a penalty in this game

Tue 25th sept 2001 league cup 2nd round 0-0 aet County win 5-4 on pens
Bone,Hislop,Mackay ,Maxwell,Bullock
Hearts had missed one pen so it was down to Tony (murmours in the crowd Oh! No not Bullock, well he steps up and rockets the ball into the roof of the net never seen a ball struck so hard, cue mass celebrations at the jail-end brilliant

We beat Dundee 2-1 in the next round (irvine, Boukraa)
And went out to Rangers 1-2 in the 1/4 final

I'm pretty sure a young county player missed a penalty, I remember it as the player was distraught and no one went to him at first, bullock saw how upset he was and went to console him before summoning the rest of the team to come and get him so he could make his way back to goal, and yes, bullocks penalty was an absolute belter, Hugh Robertson couldn't have struck it better.

(08-13-2018, 08:58 PM)Despot Wrote: Our midfield now is absolutely crazy for a Championship side.

That's because we have no intention of staying in the Championship.

Equally I'm not confident how well this team would do if we were starting the season in the top league right now. But we need to be good enough to win the Championship.

And yes Bullock's penalty was one of the more memorable County moments in my hazy memory.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(08-14-2018, 11:31 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I'm pretty sure a young county player missed a penalty, I remember it as the player was distraught and no one went to him at first, bullock saw how upset he was and went to console him before summoning the rest of the team to come and get him so he could make his way back to goal, and yes, bullocks penalty was an absolute belter,

You are correct, Cowie did miss his penalty. It was absolutely terrible. Cleared the Jailend roof by some distance.

Bullock then saved to keep it at 3-3, then scored. Hearts and County then scored their next kicks respectively before Bullock saved to put County through.

Not sure what game DalneighGypo is thinking of?

(08-14-2018, 01:53 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: You are correct, Cowie did miss his penalty. It was absolutely terrible. Cleared the Jailend roof by some distance.

Bullock then saved to keep it at 3-3, then scored. Hearts and County then scored their next kicks respectively before Bullock saved to put County through.

Not sure what game DalneighGypo is thinking of?

Thanks, I knew I was right, but he was beginning to make me doubt myself a little.