Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
If we have any chance of signing Rooney then bring it on.
Top class striker that any Premiership team, aside from Celtic, would be lucky to have IMO.

Salford City showing some interest in signing Adam Rooney

Salford City building a team for promotion to League 2. Recent purchase Danny Lloyd from Peterborough prepared to drop to non league football for three year deal at £3,000 per week.

If we can get Rooney for 3k a week, I say do it please Roy!

(07-17-2018, 02:33 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: If we can get Rooney for 3k a week, I say do it please Roy!

Can I have a pint of what you are on?
Think you enjoyed the Gala Week too much.
Team Paterson was a good one, class!
I would take him at £500 a week.
3k , too much.

£500 a week would make him the lowest paid player at the club......... I doubt he'd go for it.

Keep drinking whatever you're drinking, it's obviously cheaper and it suits you better!

(07-17-2018, 02:41 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: £500 a week would make him the lowest paid player at the club......... I doubt he'd go for it.

Keep drinking whatever you're drinking, it's obviously cheaper and it suits you better!

It coukd be a loan deal,for Rooney

Is there any semblance of substance to Rooney coming? If not, shouldn't this be in the speculation thread?

sounds mighty like speculation to me
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(07-17-2018, 02:55 PM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: Is there any semblance of substance to Rooney coming? If not, shouldn't this be in the speculation thread?

Apologies for the speculation........... Absolutely no place for it on here.......... Oh wait!

(07-17-2018, 03:07 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Apologies for the speculation........... Absolutely no place for it on here.......... Oh wait!

Have another one!
Calm the nerves.

We have a Speculation thread for speculation. That's the place to take your speculation.

This is not it. This is the thread for news and information about confirmed (not speculated) comings and goings.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

We have and tbh I thought I was on it...... My mistake...... NOT too big a deal though!

Rooney joins Salford.

Good move for him.

This post is purely to help ensure we have an entire page of "New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures" centred on baseless speculation about Adam Rooney. Feel free to join in.

(07-19-2018, 01:49 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: This post is purely to help ensure we have an entire page of "New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures" centred on baseless speculation about Adam Rooney. Feel free to join in.

If Effiong could score at that level then Rooney should score absolute bucketloads, matey
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(07-19-2018, 02:50 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: If Effiong could score at that level then Rooney should score absolute bucketloads, matey

That's speculation...... There's a thread for that!

@vanderdalgarno, jamiepscot: Excellent work.

Do yous agree with the reports that Rooney is on £6k a week?
Think he's worth that?
Think we could have managed a similar deal, even in the Championship?

Apparently he cost £375k, thoughts?

(07-20-2018, 11:52 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: @vanderdalgarno, jamiepscot: Excellent work.

Do yous agree with the reports that Rooney is on £6k a week?
Think he's worth that?
Think we could have managed a similar deal, even in the Championship?

Apparently he cost £375k, thoughts?

At the risk of being berated by the correct/appropriate thread police. Here's my thoughts as requested.

I've heard figures quoted between 4 and 6k a week.

County could have paid the lower amount but I'm glad they didn't, especially if it involved a 375k fee.

Aberdeen wanted to keep Rooney, well why wouldn't they. I've heard he was on about 3k with them so it doesn't take a genius to see what his motivation was to move..........

That type of motivational requirement would not be a welcome addition in a county strip IMO. We did that in the past with the likes of Gary Mcswegan and he was the worst value county player that I can remember!

Brian Graham has been re-signed on a permanent deal - more details to follow via club website
Supporter Liaison Officer