Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(06-25-2018, 10:50 PM)Forfinn Wrote: A page full? Really? I could count the number of better players who have played for Ross County on one hand.

It's the right time for him to go. We didn't get value for money last season with his injury problems, but in the two seasons before that he was excellent.

Best ever player one says ,
I can count the number of better players on one hand one says
Mm very confusing indeed
McLaughlin was Better than Davies

Hainault will forever be a hero for that goal on the last day, however, lets be honest...he wasn't really that good.

(06-26-2018, 09:27 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: McLaughlin was Better than Davies

There's debate to be had about whether Davies was better than Hainault, at least. Not a very good debate, but it's not unreasonable to have it.

However, suggesting McLaughlin was better than Davies is either delusional or simply trolling.

(06-27-2018, 08:00 AM)Forfinn Wrote: There's debate to be had about whether Davies was better than Hainault, at least. Not a very good debate, but it's not unreasonable to have it.

However, suggesting McLaughlin was better than Davies is either delusional or simply trolling.

Good player McLaughlin don’t get your trolling bit ? Frank point is it’s all behind us now I’m for getting behind the staggies backing our club and every member making an effort for us

(06-26-2018, 09:27 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Best ever player one says ,
I can count the number of better players on one hand one says
Mm very confusing indeed
McLaughlin was Better than Davies

I never noticed anyone calling Davies our best ever player, that may be stretching it but I'd say he's been our best ever defender and quite clearly our most successful club captain.

I have some close friends who are Hartlepool fans so I'll be keeping up with how he does with them on a regular basis, I wish him all the best at the other Viccy Park Smile

(06-26-2018, 09:34 AM)Iker Wrote: Davies is the best defender we’ve seen in a County shirt. No danger about that.

Good luck to him.

Not compared to the level of the opposition he was up against. That's probably Brian Irvine.

But yes, Davies was good, and best of luck to him.

Fraser confirmed club captain.

(06-27-2018, 09:39 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Good player McLaughlin don’t get your trolling bit ? Frank point is it’s all behind us now I’m for getting behind the staggies backing our club and every member making an effort for us

Chris McLaughlin looked liked a good prospect in his handful of appearances for us, but was deemed not good enough and released by the management. By all accounts he didn't pull up any trees last season at Dumbarton and is now without a club after leaving them at the end of the season.

To mention him in the same breath as Andrew Davies, a former England U21 international and our League Cup winning captain is patently ludicrous.

(06-27-2018, 10:57 AM)frankthetank Wrote: quite clearly our most successful club captain.

Sorry, not having that. If you mean he happened to be captain when we won the League Cup, there's obviously no argument with that. But RB is far and away the most successful at fulfilling the role of club captain - I know grudges are still harboured by some over the on-off St. Johnstone saga but this is irrelevant when you consider what he brought to our club.

(06-28-2018, 07:39 AM)Fozzie Wrote: Sorry, not having that. If you mean he happened to be captain when we won the League Cup, there's obviously no argument with that. But RB is far and away the most successful at fulfilling the role of club captain - I know grudges are still harboured by some over the on-off St. Johnstone saga but this is irrelevant when you consider what he brought to our club.

I say Fozzie where did you appear from but whack o old chap you are 100%
Correct RB deffininetly all the way

(06-27-2018, 12:29 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Chris McLaughlin looked liked a good prospect in his handful of appearances for us, but was deemed not good enough and released by the management. By all accounts he didn't pull up any trees last season at Dumbarton and is now without a club after leaving them at the end of the season.

To mention him in the same breath as Andrew Davies, a former England U21 international and our League Cup winning captain is patently ludicrous.

I wonder what woukd have happened if the boy Ben Frempah had been brought through development squad ,I liked him saw him becoming a good County man
Where is he now is he still,in the game

Alex Schalk saying his goodbyes and thank you to everyone at Ross County on Instagram yesterday, sad to see the wee man go, but the last time I spoke to him he was keen to find a new challenge hopefully back in his homeland and was very sad that his last season ended in relegation.

Will always be remembered for his league cup semi and final goals - always gave his all for Ross County and you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer lad off the park.

Sponsored his home shirt last season and had a really long chat with him at the sponsors dinner, really interesting to find out how their weeks is planned out for them diet and fitness wise and how the training is organised during the week - professional wee guy!

All the very best to you Alex - Staggie Legend For Life!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(06-28-2018, 07:39 AM)Fozzie Wrote: he happened to be captain when we won the League Cup, there's obviously no argument with that. .

He WAS our captain when we won our only national cup, yes. Thank you for agreeing.

I'm sure Richard Brittain enjoyed watching Gardyne & Schalk scoring and Davies lifting the cup, like the rest of us too.

(06-28-2018, 11:20 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Alex Schalk saying his goodbyes and thank you to everyone at Ross County on Instagram yesterday, sad to see the wee man go, but the last time I spoke to him he was keen to find a new challenge hopefully back in his homeland and was very sad that his last season ended in relegation.

Will always be remembered for his league cup semi and final goals - always gave his all for Ross County and you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer lad off the park.

Sponsored his home shirt last season and had a really long chat with him at the sponsors dinner, really interesting to find out how their weeks is planned out for them diet and fitness wise and how the training is organised during the week - professional wee guy!

All the very best to you Alex - Staggie Legend For Life!
Sorry to see him go. I was hoping to get a bet on him being top scorer in Scotland next year as I thought he would score loads in the Championship

Reporting the JOB has left. Thought he was still on to a game and sorry to see him go. All the best Jim

(06-28-2018, 08:27 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I say Fozzie where did you appear from but whack o old chap you are 100%
Correct RB deffininetly all the way

I wonder what woukd have happened if the boy Ben Frempah had been brought through development squad ,I liked him saw him becoming a good County man
Where is he now is he still,in the game

I liked him too, was disappointed when he left.
Wikipedia says hes at Guisely now?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Frempah

(06-27-2018, 11:37 AM)Lianacan Wrote: Not compared to the level of the opposition he was up against. That's probably Brian Irvine.

But yes, Davies was good, and best of luck to him.

It was only short term, but Lee Wilkie was levels above the rest of our side when he turned out for us.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I'm still a bit unfamiliar with the squad and their positions, can anyone tell me who our recognised strikers are other than billy Mackay, seen a few comments saying we're still quite light upfront.

(07-05-2018, 04:38 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I'm still a bit unfamiliar with the squad and their positions, can anyone tell me who our recognised strikers are other than billy Mackay, seen a few comments saying we're still quite light upfront.

Billy Mckay, Russell Dingwall and Greg Morrison are our 3 recognised strikers

And Declan McManus, Dunfermline fans POTY..

Still in the hunt for a striker I believe...
Supporter Liaison Officer