Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(06-12-2018, 08:35 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: You’d have thought he would’ve gone to a higher level than that.

No offers from a championship team. Peterborough have a real chance of becoming one though.
Also I'm sure his wages have increased about 500%
No brainer!

Hope it all goes well for him. He deserves the chance and you can’t grunt at a 3 year deal in his profession.

(06-12-2018, 08:40 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: No offers from a championship team. Peterborough have a real chance of becoming one though.
Also I'm sure his wages have increased about 500%
No brainer!

Are they likely to challenge for promotion? I’d imagine Sunderland will waltz the league.

But you’re on the the money with salary; the amount of cash flying around down there is ridiculous. Three year contracts - his second in a row - are heavily weighted in the player’s favour. That’s not the only reason he’s moved to Peterborough, but it’s still disappointing that he couldn’t find a bigger club.

One of the best players we’ve had and good to get some serious cash.

(06-12-2018, 08:13 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Gone to Peterborough. Hope it work out for him. Good player for us.

Undisclosed fee? 250k is what I hear?

Hope we get to sign another decent striker with the money!

I have heard the figure of 185k being mentioned. If its true then we have royally shafted ourselves as heard Sunderland offered 200k

If the figures are true thats daylight robbery for the bast defender in Scotland last season.

Only plus point would be a healthy sell on percentage as at his age, with his talent, he will go to a bigger club next season for £XM for sure

I personally wish him all the best, thank him for being and entertaining us sweetie rustlers, and hope he matures as he should and do a Van dyke for us in the future with a wee sneeky windfall.

185k...madness. Roy McGregor with yet another poor bit of business.

Dundee made £1million from Jack Hendry 6 months after signing him. We've got nowhere near that from the sales of Naismith, Boyce and Irvine.

Can say what you like about RM's business knowhow outside of football, but he has well and truly shafted us on these 3 occasions now.

The only hope is there's a sell on fee in the contact, however, I doubt it.

(06-13-2018, 12:01 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: 185k...madness. Roy McGregor with yet another poor bit of business.

Dundee made £1million from Jack Hendry 6 months after signing him. We've got nowhere near that from the sales of Naismith, Boyce and Irvine.

Can say what you like about RM's business knowhow outside of football, but he has well and truly shafted us on these 3 occasions now.

The only hope is there's a sell on fee in the contact, however, I doubt it.

Boyce and Irvine had release clauses. Naismith clearly wanted away and we got some serious money for him in this division. Im more inclined to believe the rumours above 200K.

Hes not done bad business, he's done the best business possible. But that won't fit your agenda

Dow is staying, will sign this week (P&J).

(06-13-2018, 06:50 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Dow is staying, will sign this week (P&J).

Noooooooooooooooo! He’s up there with Tony Dingwall in terms of not deserving another deal.

(06-13-2018, 06:50 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Dow is staying, will sign this week (P&J).

In other words nobody else wants him.

Hopefully his attitude and workrate improve this coming season

What choice do county have? He had a year left on his contract and has excepted reduced terms.

He's certainly capable of doing a job for us in the championship.........if he wants to!

(06-13-2018, 12:07 AM)MarkPockets Wrote: Boyce and Irvine had release clauses. Naismith clearly wanted away and we got some serious money for him in this division. Im more inclined to believe the rumours above 200K.

Hes not done bad business, he's done the best business possible. But that won't fit your agenda

Yeah, and who put the release clauses in...

St Mirren managed to get 300k for a player who was out of contract in 4 months and then got him loaned back for the rest of the season. When will we learn...

(06-13-2018, 09:23 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Yeah, and who put the release clauses in...

Likely the only way to get players who have higher ambitions locked into long term contracts as it is for the benefit of the club and the player. I'd rather have a player on a 3 year deal with a release clause and get some decent money for them 1 year before they leave than have a player constantly signing 1 year deals as they dont want clubs at a higher level to lose interest in them.

The St Mirren deal was between two Scottish clubs. Clearly down south they do not rate our leagues - they have no form lines to follow - early exits from Europe also cloud their judgements. Players going to the likes of Fleetwood and being released after only six months confirms the doubts over the standard of the game up here.
Best of luck to Jason Naismith with the volatile Evans and Raynor.

Fact is the player wanted away, we knew he was likely to go and we got money for him, I'd take with a pinch of salt the figures being dished out on social media, only Jason and the club will know the real details of the contact and deal he has signed.

He was the only player who's contract wasn't re-negotiated, so he'd have been on a high (Premiership) salary, we have now free'd up that salary and will potentially get two players in for the same money in the Championship.

Plenty of business to be done over the next few weeks ;O)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Spoiled the fishing trip a bit there Kenny.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(06-13-2018, 01:15 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Spoiled the fishing trip a bit there Kenny.

;O)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Sean Kelly signs up for another year.

(06-13-2018, 02:38 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: ;O)

Four more signings coming good players

(06-13-2018, 06:23 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Sean Kelly signs up for another year.

Happy with this. The lack of people moaning about it should tell us popular opinion is he'll be good enough for the Championship