Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 1.77 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
I think Tansey and Kait will offer good options for Ketts, and I'm sure as he's proved already - he'll play them in the correct position that suits the players!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-06-2018, 12:16 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: On the issue of Tansey. Hearing he is close to a recall after MINOR groin surgery and Kait available after concussion

The thing is we shouldn't be paying for someone who is quite clearly crocked. If he does come back, how long till he gets back to full fitness? Certainly not this season.

Anyone know when MacKays deal runs to? Been immense the last couple of games.

(04-07-2018, 09:03 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Anyone know when MacKays deal runs to? Been immense the last couple of games.

End of next season

I'm unsure as to why JMac/Dodds and Coyle couldn't see Mckay/Schalk as a viable strike partnership.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-07-2018, 09:20 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: End of next season

Thanks. Great news.

Vigurs done deal!

(04-07-2018, 10:45 PM)Despot Wrote: I'm unsure as to why JMac/Dodds and Coyle couldn't see Mckay/Schalk as a viable strike partnership.

Quite frankly because they were not , are not will not be clear the decks they bad opportunity ,
We have made probably best signing this year Ian Vigurs new we are talking
I likedec Naismith and Fontain too

Presume Vigurs will be captain unless Davies and Fraser stay, Ketts might even give him the captaincy over Fraser. Delighted he's back, but he will likely split the County support like he did last time.
What a bummer for Robbo, but it would have been a no brainer for Vigurs as soon as he knew Ketts was interested, we all know where his heart is.

Should add some spice to the derby.

Great signing and great to see some positive moves early on. Helping the utter depression of it all right now.

(05-15-2018, 08:16 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Presume Vigurs will be captain unless Davies and Fraser stay, Ketts might even give him the captaincy over Fraser. Delighted he's back, but he will likely split the County support like he did last time.
What a bummer for Robbo, but it would have been a no brainer for Vigurs as soon as he knew Ketts was interested, we all know where his heart is.

Hi Stuart I did not see it that way mtije moves on he was ICT best player this season Older wiser And us a good footballer .
Hope we get rid of the Jona
Relegated with Wigan 2015
Relegated with Scumdee United 2016
Relegated with ICT 2017
Relagated with Staggies 2918/
Step forward B Mackay jona
Hope we can hold onto Naismith and fontain

(05-15-2018, 08:16 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Presume Vigurs will be captain unless Davies and Fraser stay, Ketts might even give him the captaincy over Fraser. Delighted he's back, but he will likely split the County support like he did last time.

cant see daveis been kept I expect we will see the old county next season attack minded with the whole team going forward at pace and shooting from distance when the chance comes unlike this season where our defence would still be inside our own penalty box when our forwards are trying to walk the ball into the net at the other end Vigurs is the perfect fit for this kind of football welcome home Ian

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...pittodrie/

I would expect a boyce esque fee and please a sell on percentage.

Interesting the ones not listed, i assume mulling over any offers over a pina colada or 2

To summarise the news in the P&J and Sun today:

Gone:
Mikkelsen
Chow
N'Gog
McCarey
Tumilty
Malcolm
Foden
S. Morrison
Ashmore
Kyle Johnson
Plus loan players Tansey, Kait, Melbourne and Souttar have returned to their clubs.

Offered deals:
Gardyne
Fontaine
Schalk
Curran
Fraser
Routis
T. Dingwall
R. Dingwall
Dykes

Vigurs has not signed yet, but expected to sign and be announced today, ICT obviously took the huff and wanted to get the news out first.

Lindsay not mentioned anywhere so not sure if a deal has been offered.
O' Brien?

Surprised to see Tumilty gone, thought he’d be ideal to keep for the championship, he could’ve been a regular I think! Is Fox still under contract? Seeing as the other 2 keepers have gone....

I doubt Gardyne will be staying after his interview in the paper the othe day, sounded done with the club to be honest. Schalk will find a higher-level team I’d imagine. I think Fontaine, Routis, Dykes, Fraser and Curran I’d want to keep for sure. The Dingwalls might flourish at Championship level.

(05-16-2018, 10:16 AM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Surprised to see Tumilty gone, thought he’d be ideal to keep for the championship, he could’ve been a regular I think! Is Fox still under contract? Seeing as the other 2 keepers have gone....

I saw a detailed assessment of Tumilty's time at Falkirk from one of their fans recently. Could have been summed up simply as "meh". If he's been pretty non-descript at Falkirk, he wouldn't be good enough to play regularly for us next season.

Fox is still under contract, and my reading is that he's one of the players been offered reduced terms as a consequence of relegation. If he doesn't accept those terms then he'll be released.

If the club would like to announce something to confirm the articles and our speculations, that would be great

A great time to clear out the dross, and there's plenty of it.

Our social media presence may get a knocking but at least I've never known our club to post about other clubs signing players and getting the length of contract wrong in what now looks like a bit of dummy spitting.

Club confirmed what we've known for days

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ss-county/