Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(02-01-2018, 10:42 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: @RCFCStaggies
Defender Kenny Van Der Weg has left the Club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent last night.

Not surprised. Did he not stall on re-signing in the summer?
The wage bill will need trimmed and we've brought in someone else who can play at left back.

(02-01-2018, 10:55 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Not surprised. Did he not stall on re-signing in the summer?
The wage bill will need trimmed and we've brought in someone else who can play at left back.

Was pretty poor the last few games, on Sunday you could see Murty telling the Rangers players to get down that side as he'd pinpointed KVDW as a weakness...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Will miss his absolutely crazy tackles though, he never did things by halves!

Good luck to him but from a non emotional stance having a left back of Kenny's standard is one of the many reasons we are where we are.
If we were to survive the SPL and got to the summer looking to build for next season I can't say he'd be one of the guys if be wanting to keep, unless you want more of the same.

(02-01-2018, 11:44 AM)NVACA Wrote: Will miss his absolutely crazy tackles though, he never did things by halves!

Yeah especially when he halved Johnny Hayes and got sent off,took one for the team that day when we beat Aberden with Dow getting the winner
I'm not dreaming ,that did happen didn't it?

That's Eagles flown the nest then

(04-04-2018, 03:03 PM)NVACA Wrote: That's Eagles flown the nest then

Can't say I'm surprised to see that happening, showed glimpses of real promise early on but never ever looked like he was interested in a tackle or tracking back...definitely not one for the scrap ahead!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-04-2018, 03:03 PM)NVACA Wrote: That's Eagles flown the nest then

I assume he's injured for the rest of the season. Pretty damning indictment if not.

(04-04-2018, 04:29 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: never ever looked like he was interested in a tackle

Have to say that's my abiding memory of him too. Mind watching him jumping out of fairly weak challenges more often than not. Did he ever make a tackle?

(04-04-2018, 05:15 PM)NVACA Wrote: Have to say that's my abiding memory of him too. Mind watching him jumping out of fairly weak challenges more often than not. Did he ever make a tackle?

Don’t think he even had a tackle

(04-04-2018, 05:15 PM)NVACA Wrote: Have to say that's my abiding memory of him too. Mind watching him jumping out of fairly weak challenges more often than not. Did he ever make a tackle?

Don’t think he even had a tackle

Effiong out as well, how many games did he play again?

https://twitter.com/RCFCStaggies/status/...3491856387

Was clearly out of his depth, one of the most bizarre signings in recent years, what on earth was Coyle playing at.

(04-05-2018, 03:02 PM)NVACA Wrote: Effiong out as well, how many games did he play again?

https://twitter.com/RCFCStaggies/status/...3491856387

Paid a fee for him too. Anyone who saw his highlights reel knew he wasn't good enough. Utterly bizarre signing.

Sean Kelly next, I would imagine.

What an embarrassment our transfer policy truly is. How much money have we wasted this season on Eagles, Ngog, Tansey, Effiong, and (to a lesser extent) Draper? Slightly embarrassing how we are where we are considering the money that have been chucked at the likes of these. More money than sense does Roy McGregor.

(04-05-2018, 04:41 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: What an embarrassment our transfer policy truly is. How much money have we wasted this season on Eagles, Ngog, Tansey, Effiong, and (to a lesser extent) Draper? Slightly embarrassing how we are where we are considering the money that have been chucked at the likes of these. More money than sense does Roy McGregor.

Roy isn’t in the top 100 richest men in the uk for nothing

(04-05-2018, 04:41 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: What an embarrassment our transfer policy truly is. How much money have we wasted this season on Eagles, Ngog, Tansey, Effiong, and (to a lesser extent) Draper? Slightly embarrassing how we are where we are considering the money that have been chucked at the likes of these. More money than sense does Roy McGregor.

Good win for your team vs Brechin on Tuesday. Many there?

(04-05-2018, 05:53 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Good win for your team vs Brechin on Tuesday. Many there?

Original. You really are slightly obsessed by me aren't you. How about you reply to my comment instead of making the same, exceedingly tedious joke time after time that not one person finds funny, or better still, if you don't think it's worth replying to, just ignore it?

I'd love to know which of the players I mentioned you think have been a good use of money? How about you answer that instead of attempting humour.

You might have more credibility had you given your opinion on the display against Partick- after all you previously posted you were off to watch them against Hibs as it had more relevance than the Celtic match. So after being silent when there was a real opportunity to be positive there is then within 48 hours criticism of the signings made by previous managers which really is now an irrelevance to the supporters. Lets face it everyone including Roy MacGregor knows the appointment of Coyle was a mistake and his signings were his legacy but hindsight is wonderful and given his millions and County's progress under his watch the Chairman has got a lot more decisions right than wrong!

Whilst some will have bit of a breakdown about this "Caley Troll" he does actually make a good point.

We desperately need someone like George Adams back to oversee transfers, the signing of an injured Greg Tansey somewhat sums up our transfer business this year. Whoever gave authorization for that deal to be done deserves to be strung up.

Certainly something that needs addressing, seven (could possibly be a couple out) of the players we have signed in the past two seasons have left already. Our transfer policy needs a massive overhaul, no matter what division we end up in.

(04-06-2018, 10:25 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Whilst some will have bit of a breakdown about this "Caley Troll" he does actually make a good point.

We desperately need someone like George Adams back to oversee transfers, the signing of an injured Greg Tansey somewhat sums up our transfer business this year. Whoever gave authorization for that deal to be done deserves to be strung up.

Certainly something that needs addressing, seven (could possibly be a couple out) of the players we have signed in the past two seasons have left already. Our transfer policy needs a massive overhaul, no matter what division we end up in.

On the issue of Tansey. Hearing he is close to a recall after MINOR groin surgery and Kait available after concussion