Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.43 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Maybe worth having a dedicated thread for actual confirmed signings, re-signings and players who have definitely departed (not gossip):

From official site:

"Ross County Football Club are pleased to announce that having impressed for the Under 20 team this season, four local youngsters have been offered 1 year contracts at Victoria Park.

The four players offered contracts are Tony Dingwall, Kyle MacLeod, Ross MacKillop and Scott Ferries. Youngsters Stephen Miller, James Beeston and Connor Lyall all remain at the Club for their second season with the Under 20s".

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ayers.aspx

Congratulations to them (I presume they will actually sign the contracts!)

Great news.

So who actually signed a 2 year deal with us who will be here next season? Sure someone did!

(05-08-2014, 04:23 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Maybe worth having a dedicated thread for actual confirmed signings, re-signings and players who have definitely departed (not gossip):

From official site:

"Ross County Football Club are pleased to announce that having impressed for the Under 20 team this season, four local youngsters have been offered 1 year contracts at Victoria Park.

The four players offered contracts are Tony Dingwall, Kyle MacLeod, Ross MacKillop and Scott Ferries. Youngsters Stephen Miller, James Beeston and Connor Lyall all remain at the Club for their second season with the Under 20s".

Great news!
Really pleased for the lads.
Hopefully get a chance next season to show their skills in the SPL.

Who is already signed up for next season
County till I die

Rainbow 
(05-08-2014, 04:23 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Maybe worth having a dedicated thread for actual confirmed signings, re-signings and players who have definitely departed (not gossip):

From official site:

Well done young fellows! And well done County for investing in them too.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

From official site:

I'm pleased for all of them Tony is special for me I know him from a baby,watched him grow ,go go Tony go son proud of you

Fantastic news - I know Tony's parent and I know they were concerned for his future - this great news and pleased for Kyle and the other two lads - let's see them get some game time - I honestly think they will all do well!!

Well done County for having faith in them!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Great News that we have managed to get 4 of Under 20 squad up to First Team Squad! Despite what fans may think Club have got the Youth Policy spot on! When we stepped up to the then SPL and probably season prior it was too late for us to develop any of the youngsters up to the required standard to cope with SPL level so the whole youth structure was changed and they got rid of what was already there in favour of promoting some of the youth up to Under 20 level so it gave the likes of Fergie time to develop them up to the required standard to cope with demands of Scottish Top Flight Footy! Yep they took some beatings to start with but the difference from the start of the Under 20's this season to now is massive and a lot of the credit must go to not only the players themselves but Fergie who has worked wonders with them and got the structure & standard right!

I know there was a lot of fans criticising the club over past couple of seasons for not promoting from the Under 20's but if I am been honest none of the under 20's were good enough to step up and make an impact and it would have done more damage to not only the youngsters but the club as it could have cost us SPFL top flight football! That's why club was right for past couple of seasons to only add to squad by signings in past couple of seasons as they knew that in a few seasons time that the quality of player coming from under 20's would be up to the standard required. It's now up to Under 20's who have made the step up to show that they have the hungrier, desire & ability to make the impact in first team but for the first time in years I have been really excited by the quality of youngsters coming through! They will still need a lot of support & time to develop but we are now getting to a stage where we will see a continuous production of talent come through.

I'm a local lad and would love the majority of the team to come through the youth team from local area but in year got past youngsters came through system and with the exception were not good enough but because they were local it was like a right of passage but for me that's not a good youth policy so I am glad the club has put the correct structure in place with the right coaches to get the correct talent coming through. The 4 lads offered contracts are excellent prospects and will not look out of place and I am already excited about Stephen Miller who looks an excellent prospect but is probably a season away yet from making it as has to develop physically! I would love it if this is the start of a new generation of local player coming through and taking the SPFL by storm!

(05-08-2014, 10:26 PM)Black Isle Staggie Wrote: Great News that we have managed to get 4 of Under 20 squad up to First Team Squad! Despite what fans may think Club have got the Youth Policy spot on! When we stepped up to the then SPL and probably season prior it was too late for us to develop any of the youngsters up to the required standard to cope with SPL level so the whole youth structure was changed and they got rid of what was already there in favour of promoting some of the youth up to Under 20 level so it gave the likes of Fergie time to develop them up to the required standard to cope with demands of Scottish Top Flight Footy! Yep they took some beatings to start with but the difference from the start of the Under 20's this season to now is massive and a lot of the credit must go to not only the players themselves but Fergie who has worked wonders with them and got the structure & standard right!

I know there was a lot of fans criticising the club over past couple of seasons for not promoting from the Under 20's but if I am been honest none of the under 20's were good enough to step up and make an impact and it would have done more damage to not only the youngsters but the club as it could have cost us SPFL top flight football! That's why club was right for past couple of seasons to only add to squad by signings in past couple of seasons as they knew that in a few seasons time that the quality of player coming from under 20's would be up to the standard required. It's now up to Under 20's who have made the step up to show that they have the hungrier, desire & ability to make the impact in first team but for the first time in years I have been really excited by the quality of youngsters coming through! They will still need a lot of support & time to develop but we are now getting to a stage where we will see a continuous production of talent come through.

I'm a local lad and would love the majority of the team to come through the youth team from local area but in year got past youngsters came through system and with the exception were not good enough but because they were local it was like a right of passage but for me that's not a good youth policy so I am glad the club has put the correct structure in place with the right coaches to get the correct talent coming through. The 4 lads offered contracts are excellent prospects and will not look out of place and I am already excited about Stephen Miller who looks an excellent prospect but is probably a season away yet from making it as has to develop physically! I would love it if this is the start of a new generation of local player coming through and taking the SPFL by storm!

Totally agree but feel they have released a few good players to

They may have got the odd one wrong when it comes to releasing players but sometimes players at that age don't develop till later which is hard to predict but also some need that failure of been released to push them on harder to appreciate the opportunity. This time I think they got the correct 4 to step up as they stood out when I watched the Under 20 games!

Kiss on STV saying he loved his time here and would like to come back in the future. Lets hope he gets released by relegated Cardiff!

Edited to add that he refused to rule out coming back after the loan period is over in the Sun according to twitter.

To be honest, looking at them all after the final whistle on Tuesday night showed how they all get on - Songo'o with Brittain and Quinn and Cikos lifting Stevie Ferguson off his feet.....I could see some of them maybe extending their loan deals - why not, Roy is saying our wage bill isn't that bad and he may increase it.....who knows, we can only hope that they like life up here?

(05-09-2014, 08:13 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: To be honest, looking at them all after the final whistle on Tuesday night showed how they all get on - Songo'o with Brittain and Quinn and Cikos lifting Stevie Ferguson off his feet.....I could see some of them maybe extending their loan deals - why not, Roy is saying our wage bill isn't that bad and he may increase it.....who knows, we can only hope that they like life up here?

Yep I noticed wee Stevie was quite prominent on Tuesday night,best coach around right now,the way he put a smile back on the young guys faces,previous to his take over,the boys were not liking it and that is fact,but he SF turned it round,he must surely get more recognition,overthbridge,first of the re signings I'd say

H

It's a little misleading I think, Tony Dingwall is the only one who's got a first team contract. The other 3 are still young enough to play U20's.

I imagine the first team players will find out on Monday or this week about who's staying or going.

Regardless of the technicalities surrounding the deals - it's good four of our youngsters have been tipped to step up - has to be seen as constructive and positive news.

Over the years, how many players have been shown the door at bigger clubs, Quinn, Lawson etc from Celtic - and they gone on to have decent careers. I'm delighted for Tony and the other lads, they are at a club who will hopefully look after and nurture them to be quality players for the future of our club.

The loan market has served us well, but we need a solid County team with players who will gel into a strong unit and not continue to be broken up year on year!

Confirmed departures - Neale Cooper and Paul Chappell

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...tures.aspx

(05-12-2014, 04:35 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Confirmed departures - Neale Cooper and Paul Chappell

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...tures.aspx

Ross County Football would like to thank Assistant Manager Neale Cooper and Physiotherapist Paul Chappell for their services to the club.

Both will leave as part of a restructuring of the football staff at the club.

Manager Derek Adams commented, "I would like to thank Neale and Paul for their assistance while at the football club. I wish them every success in the future".

Neale will not be long until he finds a club and I wish him well for the future. Got a heads up but didnae want to say in case it was a windup, interesting to see who will come in. ???
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

never expected that....still think we need a coach how gets the team fitter and faster...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Shame to see him go but not surprising considering the off-field issues surrounding him.

(05-12-2014, 06:59 PM)Millwall staggy Wrote: Shame to see him go but not surprising considering the off-field issues surrounding him.

Unsubstantiated allegations are the equivalent of making faces behind someone's back because you don't have the bottle to front it up with them. Give it a rest.