Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Players to Keep or Bin for next season?
Now with only a week to go it would be interesting to get the fans views on which players we want to retain for next season and which players we feel have had their time at the club to make way for fresh blood! For me I certainly think that the loan signing policy has not worked bar for a few exceptions! If we could keep Songoo & Chikos for another season it would be good business but the rest can go back to their parent club! I like Slew for his work rate & link play but at the end of season we need to review the striking options and focus on improving the goal threat and with Slew not scoring then I think we have to make way for strikers that can grab a goal! Arquin needs to go! I don't care what anyone says about Adams man management no one can manage that and what I heard yesterday the lad has just made a fool of everyone at the club including the fans by his hide a seek act on more than one occasion! I would also look at moving a few of the players who have not shown the desire to push on and stake a claim for a first team start and it showed in their performance! Time for Quinn, Cooper, Fraser, Glen, Saunders & Gordon all to move on! This would free up space for some youngsters to come in even if it is on the bench! I think Dingwall, Macleod, Ferris, Klok & Maasten to all be promoted up from Under 20's on to the bench on a more regular basis. I would recall Ross from Brora and give him a chance as he has now had a spell of regular football and we should see the benefits! I would keep Carey for one more season as he has shown in spells that he Carey's a bit of pace & goal threat! I would build team around Brittain's experience and look to retain Kettlewell but look to sign some creative goal scoring midfielders and also some pace for the right as we have lacked that all season. I would look to sign at least 2 strikers to compete with Melvin who has been an excellent signing! Also keep Boyd, Oki & McLean but we do need to strengthen the depth of defence as we are short if injury hits! Would keep Brown as last couple of weeks he has shown his worth but look to sign a keeper of quality to push on and compete for 1st team spot! To bb honest I am confident that we will still be in top flight next season as past 2 games showed we have enough but certainly we don't want to go through another season like this!

[Image: 1eHw1cs.gif]

Are you familiar with the term "loan deal"? It means they aren't really our players to keep...

You are wide of the mark here. Agree with songo'o and cooks to stay if we could afford but do not think its worth putting all our funds on two players.
I was led to believe arquin is a 1 year signed player. We now stuck with him unless we could unload but who would take a player who goes AWOL.
We need the experience of brown/fraser and the spine of brittain, Maclean, Gordon, ketts AND Quinn. The young ones touted are wingers and forwards. If these are given a chance I think we would have a better chance of staying up.
If rumours are correct a new manager will be picking the team anyway

There is no danger of us holding on to Cikos, Songo'o or Kiss. Tidser I dunno, maybe if he wants a huge salary cut.

Last summers transfer window was a disaster for us, surely we have learned our lesson. But we simply do not have the money to afford top quality players, many on here do not realise that. George Adams did brilliantly to get these loan players in. The club run a very tight ship, the staff behind the scenes do a great job, but you would be amazed at the number of staff other clubs have, media teams, coaching staff, etc etc. We are nowhere near comparable, and as others say, we are punching way above our weight. For as long as we are getting 3000 home attendances that will not change. We are stretched behind the scenes as well as on the pitch, we have done an amazing job given the resources we have.

Those average wage stats that were doing the rounds a few weeks ago, spoke volumes.

Financially, being relegated is not as bad as it was the past few seasons, with the new parachute payment etc.

It is what it is, if we go down we just get on with it. At the end of the day you want a football team to go and support, we had great times with the 40unbeaten team, but that doesn't come along often.
What we don't want is to throw stupid money at players and risk financial disaster - don't presume Roy will keep bailing us out, we need to live within our means.
It's not that long ago we were paying ridiculous money and contracts to average players. Save Our Staggies anyone?

Sorry I'm starting to rant, but we need a reality check sometimes.

Photo 
(05-04-2014, 12:46 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: There is no danger of ….

... a reality check sometimes.

Well reality-checked thanks Stuart.

Come on County! We have to give the boys our full backing on Tuesday and Saturday.

+ re: o.p. - might have read that if it had any

breaks at all in the text.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(05-04-2014, 12:46 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: There is no danger of us holding on to Cikos, Songo'o or Kiss. Tidser I dunno, maybe if he wants a huge salary cut.

Last summers transfer window was a disaster for us, surely we have learned our lesson. But we simply do not have the money to afford top quality players, many on here do not realise that. George Adams did brilliantly to get these loan players in. The club run a very tight ship, the staff behind the scenes do a great job, but you would be amazed at the number of staff other clubs have, media teams, coaching staff, etc etc. We are nowhere near comparable, and as others say, we are punching way above our weight. For as long as we are getting 3000 home attendances that will not change. We are stretched behind the scenes as well as on the pitch, we have done an amazing job given the resources we have.

Those average wage stats that were doing the rounds a few weeks ago, spoke volumes.

Financially, being relegated is not as bad as it was the past few seasons, with the new parachute payment etc.

It is what it is, if we go down we just get on with it. At the end of the day you want a football team to go and support, we had great times with the 40unbeaten team, but that doesn't come along often.
What we don't want is to throw stupid money at players and risk financial disaster - don't presume Roy will keep bailing us out, we need to live within our means.
It's not that long ago we were paying ridiculous money and contracts to average players. Save Our Staggies anyone?

Couldn't agree more. The wage stats were very revealing we are punching well above our weight and the loan approach while not always working has let us bring in players that would be unlikely to afford.

For me the Dutch policy has not failed for me next season will reveal. I like the look of Klok and think Maatsen could be interesting if he can start to find an end product.

We could do with a bit more width down the right maybe that is Maatsen to compliment Carey and for me two of Richie, Kets and Klok. If we can strengthen with a more attacking centre mid excellent, a central defender that gets close to Songoo would be great.

Up front is always going to be tricky given what we can afford. Melvin is excellent and fully fit might be something but someone who compliments him and can score if not Arquinn won't be easy.

Wherever we end up next season we have a well run club and I'll be there cheering us on.

Just to clarify when I say keep hold of Songoo & Cikos I am referring to extending their loan if we can! I am fully aware that County could not afford to buy them off their parent clubs! Just to cool everyone's excitement that they thought I had lost my marbles with that statement. If we could I would be happy to take the pair back on loan for another year if their clubs plan just to take them back to stick them in their own reserve teams!

Cikos is apparently highly rated by his club and will go back. Tidser, if he likes it here, is possibly an option, I don't know what Rotherham think of him, or what % of his wages we would need to pay.

Of course we would dearly love to keep Songo'o, but he is possibly going to be playing in the World Cup next month, he will surely get offers.

(05-04-2014, 04:06 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Cikos is apparently highly rated by his club and will go back. Tidser, if he likes it here, is possibly an option, I don't know what Rotherham think of him, or what % of his wages we would need to pay.

Of course we would dearly love to keep Songo'o, but he is possibly going to be playing in the World Cup next month, he will surely get offers.

Am I right in saying that the Rotherham boss said that Tidser will feature for them next season? Can't quite remember, but was along those lines I'm sure.

Forget what I said on Cikos, apparently he is out of contract at end of summer.
I'm not quite sure how we would afford his wages though, unless he has no better offers. Here's hoping.
He really is a classy player.

It all depends on which league we end up in next season. If we are relegated for instance players like Ketts and Quinn will be valuable, however if we keep our status in the premiership I would be looking to bin these two.

Half of the U20s need to be released as well due to their ages, some unfortunately are too old for that league but nowhere near good enough for the first team.

(05-04-2014, 02:54 PM)roth08 Wrote:
(05-04-2014, 12:46 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: There is no danger of us holding on to Cikos, Songo'o or Kiss. Tidser I dunno, maybe if he wants a huge salary cut.

Couldn't agree more. The wage stats were very revealing we are punching well above our weight and the loan approach while not always working has let us bring in players that would be unlikely to afford.

For me the Dutch policy has not failed for me next season will reveal. I like the look of Klok and think Maatsen could be interesting if he can start to find an end product.

We could do with a bit more width down the right maybe that is Maatsen to compliment Carey and for me two of Richie, Kets and Klok. If we can strengthen with a more attacking centre mid excellent, a central defender that gets close to Songoo would be great.

Up front is always going to be tricky given what we can afford. Melvin is excellent and fully fit might be something but someone who compliments him and can score if not Arquinn won't be easy.

Wherever we end up next season we have a well run club and I'll be there cheering us on.

Wind your necks in!
Almost half the league are punching above their weight.
We are where we are, because we earned it and deserve to be there.
In the top league!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Players who need to go IMO - Quinn, Maatsen, Cooper, McLean
Players it is vital to keep - Brittain, Boyd, Melvin, Ketts, Brown/Fraser, Carey, Iko
Youngsters who deserve a chance - MacLeod, Dingwall, Klok, Ferries
Signings I would like (Many just suggestions/unrealistic) - Rory McCallister, Paul Lawson, Jamie MacDonald, Andy Little, Kallum Higginbotham, James McPake, Aaron Doran, Chris Erskine

Really can't think of this yet. If we were mid table fair enough but with 2 vital games left please lets not upset players and staff with hypothetical mud slinging.
Time enough to discuss this when we know what division we're gonna play in.
Mon County every player up for Hibs

(05-06-2014, 02:19 PM)EastStandStag Wrote: Players who need to go IMO - Quinn, Maatsen, Cooper, McLean
Players it is vital to keep - Brittain, Boyd, Melvin, Ketts, Brown/Fraser, Carey, Iko
Youngsters who deserve a chance - MacLeod, Dingwall, Klok, Ferries
Signings I would like (Many just suggestions/unrealistic) - Rory McCallister, Paul Lawson, Jamie MacDonald, Andy Little, Kallum Higginbotham, James McPake, Aaron Doran, Chris Erskine

Anyone want to take this one?

Cannot agree that George Adams did brilliantly to get loan players in,all he has done is caused a problem again,start of season 6 new players will have. To be recruited,this is not the way ahead or good business all underachievers with no feeling for county,
The reason Roy is putting n free buses is he wants to get back to community club
With present people n charge no youngsters will get the opportunity to progress,
There will be a few nder twenties moving on Why.? The whole set up is not good for youngsters,
Tonight against Hibs I would rely n the old brigade,butcher will tell his team to kick anything above grass,none of summer signings could kick their way out of a paper bag. Get wee Garry Glenn back on park Rocco Ketts ,actual Stuart you came up with a great suggest a week ago take the boy ross back from Brora ,he is n a high scoring goals knows where net is,okay it is a higher level,but he would be more apt to puta shift in for us

I can think of four players that need to be punted at the end of the season. There's another three that I think should go but might be worth keeping as back up. In terms of loan players, if money was no object I would have Songo'o, Cikos, Slew, and Kiss back again.

Lee Miller has been released by Carlisle. He might be a player worth taking a punt on? That said, I doubt he would move up north. Craig Gordon looks like he might be signing for Hearts so I would be delighted if County could try and bring in Jamie MacDonald.

(05-05-2014, 11:48 PM)Cit Reath Wrote:
(05-04-2014, 02:54 PM)roth08 Wrote: Couldn't agree more. The wage stats were very revealing we are punching well above our weight and the loan approach while not always working has let us bring in players that would be unlikely to afford.

Wind your necks in!
Almost half the league are punching above their weight.
We are where we are, because we earned it and deserve to be there.
In the top league!
Just back from chronic pain clinic,while there I got talking to Vigurs father inlaw
He told us that Ian or Lawson never even got a talk from Adams senior or junior,
Roy had Ian Vigurs in office when he realised he was sig for mother well.he asked Ian why are you going to motherwell ,and Ian told hi move. Got a child to look after now and NOBODY here at county offered me a contract or spoke to me or even got in touch,so. Where was there good business there,look at Lawson not gettin a game at Motherwell ,
Anyway I'll be there and if you see an auld screaming banshee in west stand that's me,honestly I never shut up,my son got a seat in east stand as he said dad you just won't shut up,I may be right I may be wrong,but I know your gonna miss me when m gone come on the guys with the heart for ross county,
I know I can be an old ranter. Love it love the jailenders love anything that's ross county, born in the county and I'll die n the county,,not for a long time yet I hope
Looking forward to playing Dons celts d uniteds mother wells. Yeees next year again

(05-06-2014, 03:25 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:

Cannot agree that George Adams did brilliantly to get loan players in,all he has done is caused a problem again,start of season 6 new players will have. To be recruited,this is not the way ahead or good business all underachievers with no feeling for county,
The reason Roy is putting n free buses is he wants to get back to community club
With present people n charge no youngsters will get the opportunity to progress,
There will be a few nder twenties moving on Why.? The whole set up is not good for youngsters,
Tonight against Hibs I would rely n the old brigade,butcher will tell his team to kick anything above grass,none of summer signings could kick their way out of a paper bag. Get wee Garry Glenn back on park Rocco Ketts ,actual Stuart you came up with a great suggest a week ago take the boy ross back from Brora ,he is n a high scoring goals knows where net is,okay it is a higher level,but he would be more apt to puta shift in for us
About 5 per cent of what you say makes sense! Just my opinion