Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark Blue Saturday 2 v Killie
Even though yesterday's match against Hearts did not go well as far as the score line & performance goes the real success of the day was the number of fans coming out and backing the team from start to finish! A great vocal backing and colour so I think that for the home game against Killie I am proposing that we do a Dark Blue Saturday 2 especially for the regular fans with valid reasons who could not make the game! Let's try and swell the numbers for this important game with everyone in the Dark Blue and backing the team vocally from Start to Finish with again lots of colour from Balloons, Flags, Scarfs, Streamers, etc WEAR THE COLOURS, BACK THE TEAM #DarkBlueSaturday2

Yesterday was a success as far as the fans were concerned but I think it was a one off.

What I think is important for the Killie game is that we turn out in numbers and give the team great vocal backing from start to finish rather than any visual display.

(04-20-2014, 08:22 AM)Black Isle Staggie Wrote: Even though yesterday's match against Hearts did not go well as far as the score line & performance goes the real success of the day was the number of fans coming out and backing the team from start to finish! A great vocal backing and colour so I think that for the home game against Killie I am proposing that we do a Dark Blue Saturday 2 especially for the regular fans with valid reasons who could not make the game! Let's try and swell the numbers for this important game with everyone in the Dark Blue and backing the team vocally from Start to Finish with again lots of colour from Balloons, Flags, Scarfs, Streamers, etc WEAR THE COLOURS, BACK THE TEAM #DarkBlueSaturday2

If we have to convince the support to turn up for important matches and organise what they wear................then we are in trouble!!!!!Yesterday worked mainly because of the free buses, a great turn out for a really poor performance.
We are in trouble and we need to get out of it by playing good football and getting results, not by blowing up a few balloons and wearing blue tops !!!! Just everybody try and get to the games they can !!

The BIG problem is that the atmosphere at Vicky P is too quiet.

For whatever reason, the atmosphere vs Hearts was excellent. The recreation of this at home matches should be a priority for the club (board, players and staff) and supporters. Yesterday was a one-off; an excellent idea that many different factions bought into to make it a success, rather like a cup final. If it takes a singing section and/or a safe standing section then everything should be done to facillitate this. However, it takes two to tango and fans at home matches would need to respond positively. That would appear to be a big ask but not an impossible one.

Lets create an amosphere on Saturday

'Jordan Slew he scores when he wants' etc

(04-20-2014, 02:59 PM)ProCounty Wrote:
(04-20-2014, 08:22 AM)Black Isle Staggie Wrote: Even though yesterday's match against Hearts did not go well as far as the score line & performance goes the real success of the day was the number of fans coming out and backing the team from start to finish! A great vocal backing and colour so I think that for the home game against Killie I am proposing that we do a Dark Blue Saturday 2 especially for the regular fans with valid reasons who could not make the game! Let's try and swell the numbers for this important game with everyone in the Dark Blue and backing the team vocally from Start to Finish with again lots of colour from Balloons, Flags, Scarfs, Streamers, etc WEAR THE COLOURS, BACK THE TEAM #DarkBlueSaturday2

If we have to convince the support to turn up for important matches and organise what they wear................then we are in trouble!!!!!Yesterday worked mainly because of the free buses, a great turn out for a really poor performance.
We are in trouble and we need to get out of it by playing good football and getting results, not by blowing up a few balloons and wearing blue tops !!!! Just everybody try and get to the games they can !!
i agree Pro County

(04-20-2014, 07:33 PM)peterkinboy Wrote: The BIG problem is that the atmosphere at Vicky P is too quiet.

For whatever reason, the atmosphere vs Hearts was excellent. The recreation of this at home matches should be a priority for the club (board, players and staff) and supporters. Yesterday was a one-off; an excellent idea that many different factions bought into to make it a success, rather like a cup final. If it takes a singing section and/or a safe standing section then everything should be done to facillitate this. However, it takes two to tango and fans at home matches would need to respond positively. That would appear to be a big ask but not an impossible one.

The away fans are always louder as we see at GES but our home "Fans" are far to reserved to the extent of telling people to be quiet, yes unbelievable but sadly true.

Leave your Highland manners at home stand up and make a Noise
Raise the Level every time County move forward which will encourage the players.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Each to their own but I agree that some fans at home can be almost embarrassingly quiet. I get the impression that some in the Main Stand think they're in a library or cinema and probably even put their phones on silent before the match begins.

A large part of it is traditional Highland reserve and, if anything, they are even worse at The Dump.

U16s getting in free.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ckets.aspx

The latest in a series of fine gestures by the club and our fan friendly chairman. Find a kid to drag along, whether they want to or not !

Would not recommend dragging a random child of the streets.

(04-21-2014, 01:01 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Each to their own but I agree that some fans at home can be almost embarrassingly quiet. I get the impression that some in the Main Stand think they're in a library or cinema and probably even put their phones on silent before the match begins.

A large part of it is traditional Highland reserve and, if anything, they are even worse at The Dump.

Personally I hear the support raise their voices when they see effort
Too many guys know they are off in three weeks time never gave a (censored ) for our club, everyone is on a downer,peoples hard earned cash to get games,it is no longer a cheap day out, Ross County have a fantastic support always had probably always will they are not fools,when players show fight the support will rise,but big probs this season was the sitting,the Jailenders have been silenced great support

Very vociforous I just got carried away with their sheer enthuseisim and joined in everybody did, the stadium was buzzing If it helps Hibs are the fall guys we will still be at top table,because Hibs are worse than we are,
Next year we should look at allowing kids up to ten years old in free,get them hooked if they are there their parents will be there,then when they come of age,present from their parents their first season ticket,build on community spirit

(04-21-2014, 10:57 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(04-21-2014, 01:01 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Each to their own but I agree that some fans at home can be almost embarrassingly quiet. I get the impression that some in the Main Stand think they're in a library or cinema and probably even put their phones on silent before the match begins.

Personally I hear the support raise their voices when they see effort
Too many guys know they are off in three weeks time never gave a (censored ) for our club, everyone is on a downer,peoples hard earned cash to get games,it is no longer a cheap day out, Ross County have a fantastic support always had probably always will they are not fools,when players show fight the support will rise,but big probs this season was the sitting,the Jailenders have been silenced great support

Very vociforous I just got carried away with their sheer enthuseisim and joined in everybody did, the stadium was buzzing If it helps Hibs are the fall guys we will still be at top table,because Hibs are worse than we are,
Next year we should look at allowing kids up to ten years old in free,get them hooked if they are there their parents will be there,then when they come of age,present from their parents their first season ticket,build on community spirit

Under 12s get a free season ticket with an adult one. Used this as only way to afford attendance at games. Wean is now hooked and a fan for life.
Can be paid in instalments as well. Club are trying and need our support, in both ups and downs

Kevin Clancy is the ref. At least it's not Crawford Allan.

(04-23-2014, 10:55 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Kevin Clancy is the ref. At least it's not Crawford Allan.

Or Brian Colvin.....Big Grin
Or Willie Collum...Big Grin
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-20-2014, 09:01 PM)Millwall staggy Wrote: Lets create an amosphere on Saturday

'Jordan Slew he scores when he wants' etc

Unfortunately I did say when you got him that he was unlikely to bring you goals.........away at Hibs in Feb, when I got chance to come and watch (and miss the Blades beat Forest in the cup I might add) he did as I remember, useful runs, bit of pace, NO GOALS.

ENOUGH DOOM........COME ON THE STAGGIES

Get that result we need to ensure Premiership football next year. Atmosphere does help...the change in atmosphere and vibe at Bramall Lane since Weir left and Clough came in has seen us rise from 21st to 8th and somehow manage to get to the FA Cup semi-final...where we actually scored at Wembley !!

A top atmosphere DOES make a difference..........I'll be keeping an ear out !!

(04-23-2014, 01:25 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 10:55 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Kevin Clancy is the ref. At least it's not Crawford Allan.

Or Brian Colvin.....Big Grin

Funny how there is a C in all of them...just saying Cool
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(04-23-2014, 02:59 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 01:25 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Or Brian Colvin.....Big Grin

Funny how there is a C in all of them...just saying Cool

Now that is pure funny, I do like your humour great Well spotted good craic is worth alot

Always liked Clancy tbh, cue Colvinesque performance. Will miss this one due to work, hopefully this is a good omen as they've been p ish when I'm there lately. Who's going to look after Ermenko then? Don't think Ketts is the answer, him and Tidser would get ripped apart, IMO, I think young Klok should be there

Would be good if some of those who seem to have drifted away after the novelty of the first season in the top flight made an appearance for this vital fixture whether clad in dark blue or not.