Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celtic V County
After the fantastic performance against Aberdeen looking forward to this game, same performance will spoil their party, 1 point maybe 3 possible. Tongue
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

You just never know - we can certainly go there with confidence and with the same starting XI and cause them trouble! Before last night I wasn't expecting much from Parkhead - but we can go there with nothing to fear or lose as we are not expected to get anything - so anything we do get would be a bonus.

The likes of Kiss, Tidser, Songo'o, Carey, De Leeuw will thrive on the atmosphere and playing Celtic - can see big performances coming!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Any word on bus numbers?
Undecided at the moment, £26, stuck in that corner, crap catering, and the inevitable paddy-fest. It's by far the worst away-day experience and I include The Dump in that!

Last year I was down the front which is about 3 foot below pitch level with the Stewards and that bloody overgrown hound for company you couldn't see a thing.we then moved up to the middle only to be obstructed by the Main Stand.The lack of catering in a game with a 5.30 kick off was unbelievable and charged £26 for the ticket really takes the biscuit(pardon the pun). hope it will improve on Saturday.

Celtic will be in party mode after securing the title against Partick tonight.

Nothing like finding a parade to rain on and, if Celtic are at all distracted, and we play with the commitment we did last night I wouldn't rule out a bonus point or just maybe all three.

If Celtic win the title tonight and we play like we did against Aberdeen, there is a decent chance that we can sneak a draw.

My only concern is - will they be presented with the SPFL trophy on Saturday if they wrap up the league tonight at Partick - if so, they are not going to want to put on a reduced performance against us on trophy day....they will want to put on a show and end the day on a high!

(03-26-2014, 02:41 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: My only concern is - will they be presented with the SPFL trophy on Saturday if they wrap up the league tonight at Partick - if so, they are not going to want to put on a reduced performance against us on trophy day....they will want to put on a show and end the day on a high!

Presentations are usually left until the last home game of the season.

Personally i don't want any favours of that club or any others, i want us to win and stay up because we ARE good enough!

(03-26-2014, 09:14 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Any word on bus numbers?
Undecided at the moment, £26, stuck in that corner, crap catering, and the inevitable paddy-fest. It's by far the worst away-day experience and I include The Dump in that!
Agreed. Was thinking of going but haven't enjoyed the previous league outings at Parkhead. If you could get in on the day, I might have decided late on to go, but I object to their daft rule that you must get an advance ticket (i.e. for me, by post), whereas every other club is happy to see you turn up and buy on the gate. So I wish our team well, but I'll give my ticket money to another club who makes us more welcome. I will not miss listening to the morons bouncing in the opposite corner! Wink

(03-26-2014, 02:48 PM)frankthetank Wrote:
(03-26-2014, 02:41 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: My only concern is - will they be presented with the SPFL trophy on Saturday if they wrap up the league tonight at Partick - if so, they are not going to want to put on a reduced performance against us on trophy day....they will want to put on a show and end the day on a high!

Presentations are usually left until the last home game of the season.

Personally i don't want any favours of that club or any others, i want us to win and stay up because we ARE good enough!

Right now I am happy to take a 'favour' from anyone.

Last time we were there we scored 3 minutes after they unfurled the title flag so who knows? Here's hoping we get something.
Hear Me Roar!

Celtic scoring for fun tonight, won't be easy to get much at the San Giro but a few of our loan signings will want to do well on the big stage hopefully.

After the way we played last night and the fact that Lennon has said he will rest players on saturday I think we can go down and get a point

Yep heard Lennon say he is going to give players some time off - so good opportunity for us to go down with the same side we played in first half against Aberdeen and try and sneak something!

Go down there with pride and confidence based on Tuesday nights performance!!

There will be a good crowd in there on Saturday,Ross County to be involved in two title winning parties in one season.

We should give them their moment on Saturday, respect them for the worthy champions they are
With a guard of honour we'll clap them on to the pitch
Then proceed to Whip their Ass !

I like your style Dalneigh - that's exactly what I'd be saying to the players before they leave the dressing room:

This would be my side for Saturday - and for me, this is good enough on paper to take at least a point!

--------------------Brown-------------------
---------------------------------------------
Cikos--------Songo'o-------Boyd----Oikinomou
De Leeuw---Brittain---Kiss---Tidser------Carey
--------------------Arquin-------------------

Subs: Slew, Glen, MacLean, Gordon, Quinn,Saunders, McCarthy

GET INTO THEM!

(03-27-2014, 08:39 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Yep heard Lennon say he is going to give players some time off - so good opportunity for us to go down with the same side we played in first half against Aberdeen and try and sneak something!

Go down there with pride and confidence based on Tuesday nights performance!!

If it was their full 'normal' team, having won the league, they would perhaps be a bit complacent. But if it is going to be a team of fringe players, will they not be more up for it with something to prove!

(03-27-2014, 12:24 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: We should give them their moment on Saturday, respect them for the worthy champions they are
With a guard of honour we'll clap them on to the pitch
Then proceed to Whip their Ass !

My thoughts as well Dalneigh, but went one better, when I saw the Celtic supporters bus stop on King St. Aberdeen for supplies. I ran out of the shop the bawled at the top of my voice "Come on the STAGGIES" we're comin' to spoil your party on Saturday. Greeted them all back onto the bus wished them well for the Thisle game (goal diff.) but reminded them of their poor record against which will continue we hope. What a buzzzzz still going.Big Grin
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Same team as Tuesday night plz. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I think most of the players (ie - those on loan and the likes of Arquin and De Leeuw) will raise their game for a trip to Celtic Park.

I reckon County will get a fully underserved (on the balance of play at least) draw. Griffiths will score if he plays.