Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Mirren 22nd Feb
I was surprised to see that this is the BBC Alba match for Saturday! I had thought all the televised fixtures for this month had already been sorted and we were not featured. It is delayed transmission, as is usual for BBC Alba.

(02-16-2014, 02:39 PM)MayHam Wrote: I was surprised to see that this is the BBC Alba match for Saturday! I had thought all the televised fixtures for this month had already been sorted and we were not featured. It is delayed transmission, as is usual for BBC Alba.

An interesting choice.

If we don't get the 3 points here then maybe we deserve to finish 11th. We need to beat the teams around us. It's simple.

Home win.

To paraphrase Hilarie Belloc:

Whatever happens, we have got
Filip Kiss, and they have not

Must win game

Kiss back is good.
De Leeuw also back would be excellent, at least if Del continues to put him on the bench we have something creative to bring on, yesterday we didn't have any options, it was like for like. Maybe even Maatsen on the bench would have given us something different to try when required, and it was.

Yep. Hoping for better things & 3 pointy things.
Als'tje belieft.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Next three games will say a lot about our season - missing the St Mirren game due to work - but glad to hear it's on Alba - really hope we can take something from all three games - vital in my opinion! We have to make home advantage count!

MON THE STAGGIES - UP AN AT EM!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(02-16-2014, 06:00 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Kiss back is good.
De Leeuw also back would be excellent, at least if Del continues to put him on the bench we have something creative to bring on, yesterday we didn't have any options, it was like for like. Maybe even Maatsen on the bench would have given us something different to try when required, and it was.

Agreed. I'm surprised Maatsen hasn't been used more. From what I have seen of him he has more to offer than Cooper.

Looking at our fixtures after these 3 home games coming up, and given our away record in the past year, we really have to get some points on the board v St Mirren and Partick. The ICT game, well anything could happen its a derby.
After Partick:
St Johnstone away
Motherwell away
Aberdeen home
Celtic away
Then ICT at home in the final game before the split.

(02-17-2014, 02:46 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Looking at our fixtures after these 3 home games coming up, and given our away record in the past year, we really have to get some points on the board v St Mirren and Partick. The ICT game, well anything could happen its a derby.
After Partick:
St Johnstone away
Motherwell away
Aberdeen home
Celtic away
Then ICT at home in the final game before the split.
I think we should be looking to take 7 from the next 3 I would like to take 9 but for me this week is a must win and v Partick is a must win as for the 2 derby's we still have to play I think we should be wanting to win them as that lot have not won at our place since 2003

Exclamation 
(02-17-2014, 02:29 PM)doninblue Wrote: ... I'm surprised Maatsen hasn't been used more. From what I have seen of him he has more to offer than Cooper.

HERESY! HERESY! - WITCH! WITCH!

You can't go saying our local lad is less good than Johnny Foreigner!

(Sorry Strathystaggie - I'm sure you would have giffed this appropriately)
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(02-17-2014, 02:29 PM)doninblue Wrote:

Agreed. I'm surprised Maatsen hasn't been used more. From what I have seen of him he has more to offer than Cooper.

Cooper has looked sharp lately, and still reckon that he should get a shot on the left.

Much as I love to beat ICT, it's vital that we pick up points against St Mirren and Partick and hopefully beat both.

Anything less than 4 points from those two and we're in bother.

(02-17-2014, 11:55 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Much as I love to beat ICT, it's vital that we pick up points against St Mirren and Partick and hopefully beat both.

Anything less than 4 points from those two and we're in bother.

Have to agree.

Furthermore!

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU, YES YOU!

Starts this coming Saturday for one week.
GES stadium.
Report there or be square.

We will have to be wary of the Djemba brothers!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl...n.23471522?

The Paisley side travel to the Highlands desperate to start putting some serious daylight between themselves and Derek Adams' men and Partick Thistle, who are both two points adrift of Saints.

But teenage midfielder McGinn says it is vital Saints rediscover the free-flowing football that was the hallmark of their play under Danny Lennon earlier in the season, as they look to pull away from the threat of the dreaded SPFL Premiership play-off battle.

McGinn, who was outstanding for the Buddies against Aberdeen last time out, said: "For me this is about us going to County and trying to get the win. We have to get back to doing what we do best. That is playing the passing game and dominating possession.

"We have not been doing that in recent weeks and that means we have not been playing to our strengths but that has to change. Obviously when you go away from home you look to keep a clean sheet but we need to be looking for more than that.

"We must start picking up three points instead of one, as that is the only way we can guarantee our status in the Premiership."

Marc McAusland is available again after suspension and Lennon has the option of restoring skipper Jim Goodwin to his favoured sitting role once more.

With Eric Djemba-Djemba newly arrived, Kenny McLean fully fit and McGinn himself a stick-on to start in Dingwall, competition for a berth in the Buddies' midfield has never been so fierce.

The 19-year-old said: "We have a lot of quality in the midfield and everyone is fighting for his place, which is very good for the side.

"But we are not producing as much as we should - in terms of the level of goals coming from central areas and also dominating possession and getting the fluidity back to our passing game.

"That is something we have to get sorted."

McGinn said Cameroon star Djemba-Djemba has put his penalty misery against the Dons behind him and is an increasingly popular presence in the dressing room.

He added: "Eric is a very experienced pro and he has moved on from the penalty thing against Aberdeen. He is a big character and he has really got the whole dressing room going again. He is also a quality player.

"We believe we have more than enough in terms of quality and experience to climb up the table. A win at Ross County would give that process a real kick-start."

http://www.north-star-news.co.uk/Sport/F...022014.htm

And the former Ionikos stopper is urging Staggies fans to help turn the heat on their visitors.

He said: "We want our fans to help us in these matches. I think they will see that we are playing good football and hopefully we can get some good results from these games.

You heard the man!

(02-17-2014, 02:29 PM)doninblue Wrote:

If they feed him up hme could be sold at xmas

Looking for 3 points today and for the Dons to pile on the home misery for Partick and hopefully Hibs will turn over Killie. Goodwin can try and kick Kiss today but he'll struggle to keep up with his shadow!!
C'mon the County.

Team line up.
01 Brown
02 Cikos
26 Oikonomou
12 Tidser
28 Songo'o
21 McLean
08 Brittain
07 Kiss
25 Slew
27 Arquin