Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Arquin
Arquin has gone AWOL - not been seen in 10 days.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27122850
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-23-2014, 08:42 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Ok its the Record, lets not all jump to conclusions, they might have sexed-up the story. Lets see what the club says. It seems bizarre though.

The Record article:

Stunned Ross County suffer relegation blow as star striker goes AWOL
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...um=twitter

The lack of any quotes from anyone reputable at the club makes it look to me like a sexed up story. I'd be surprised if any of the Records reporters know where Dingwall is never mind have inside contacts at the club!

Remember how they twisted Melvin's interview a couple months agoAngry

Something is not right at the club.

I'm sure many have heard the story with Munro, the sudden departure of Sproule, Kova initially going AWOL before eventually leaving and now Arquin going AWOL.

Too many unusual incidents, I think. Seems like a lot of unhappy players - is this down to the management?

We don't know a lot about this involving Arquin, but it's one too many incidents for me.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_AuypQ4htUXgOJEhOx2x...z27NY91JoA]

This illustrates the issues that the club often has with communication. If this is merely a rumour then it has been allowed to grow wings due to the deafening silence from the GES. If it's not true then the club need to say so today. If it is so the club ought to come clean.

Never mind the media, we as loyal fans keeping the club afloat deserve to have a bit of information and not be kept in the dark.

I will reserve judgement on Arquin until the truth is known but if it is true that he has so little regard for those that employ him and those that cheer him on on the pitch and have made him very welcome from day one then, no matter how dire our situation is or how hard goals continue to be to come by,I would rather not see him in a County shirt again.

I'm sure the Club will put this to bed with a frank and honest statement issued via the official website......

Oh wait a minute, I've forgotten to take my happy pills this morning and am talking out my bumhole.

Obviously they will say nothing for days until they are forced into making some halfarsed statement and Roy has to get involved and smooth things over. This is how the County PR machine works.

(04-23-2014, 10:57 AM)Brora Boy Wrote: This illustrates the issues that the club often has with communication. If this is merely a rumour then it has been allowed to grow wings due to the deafening silence from the GES. If it's not true then the club need to say so today. If it is so the club ought to come clean.

Never mind the media, we as loyal fans keeping the club afloat deserve to have a bit of information and not be kept in the dark.

I will reserve judgement on Arquin until the truth is known but if it is true that he has so little regard for those that employ him and those that cheer him on on the pitch and have made him very welcome from day one then, no matter how dire our situation is or how hard goals continue to be to come by,I would rather not see him in a County shirt again.

Sounds to me like you already have made your judgement on the guy.

I think there is something of an issue here though. Grant Munro was done, Kovacevic was a legitimate illness and his head had gone completely, and Sproule's family matter was also legitimate, judging by other players' comments. But Adams seems to wind a few folk up the wrong way inside the club and outside it.

(04-23-2014, 11:12 AM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 10:57 AM)Brora Boy Wrote: This illustrates the issues that the club often has with communication. If this is merely a rumour then it has been allowed to grow wings due to the deafening silence from the GES. If it's not true then the club need to say so today. If it is so the club ought to come clean.

Sounds to me like you already have made your judgement on the guy.

I think there is something of an issue here though. Grant Munro was done, Kovacevic was a legitimate illness and his head had gone completely, and Sproule's family matter was also legitimate, judging by other players' comments. But Adams seems to wind a few folk up the wrong way inside the club and outside it.

If he has not bothered to contact the club to let them know what's happening and left his employers in the dark for a fortnight then I have made my judgement.

What none of us know, however, is whether that's true hence I am reserving judgement for now. There may be some other explanation. Presumably a few at the club know the truth.

He simply got lost while heading to the naughty step, poor guy took a left instead of a right (language issue) and ended up lost in the Black Isle. There are stories of him wondering the street of Cromarty looking lost, confused and scared.

I wish him all the best, it must have been a traumatic experience for the fella.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

He did take a knock in the Caley game and was limping - pretty hefty challenge from Tremarco - so if he wasn't 100% after that, he was maybe given extra break - the club may have chosen not to publicise this so Hearts were not aware he was missing until the last minute.....

Anyway, who knows until we hear the facts - but if he has gone AWOL without letting the club know and left us short against Hearts which cost us 3 points - then kick his @ss cbass!

It's not particularly fair to say that he cost us 3 points against Hearts.

I don't know the ins and outs of the entire story but any disciplinary action should wait until the end of the season. I've seen suggestions of sacking him but that's a bit extreme. We're all fickle and I'm sure all will be forgiven if he keeps County up by bagging a couple of goals.

If the guy has a genuine reason for going AWOL (if that is indeen true) and is up for the fight (he's looked much more up for it than Kiss and Tidser for example) - then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt......but I want to see a big performance on Saturday if he's playing - he owes the club that!

I agree but if he has no such reason I would rather go with someone who wants to play for the club even if that has to be a youngster like Dingwall.

Oh another bust up with Adams. This man is a liability who has assembled a poor squad on a decent budget #adamsout

(04-23-2014, 06:27 PM)Millwall staggy Wrote: Oh another bust up with Adams. This man is a liability who has assembled a poor squad on a decent budget #adamsout

Hardly worth a response - once again you talk nonsense.

(04-23-2014, 06:48 PM)DORTAIN Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 06:27 PM)Millwall staggy Wrote: Oh another bust up with Adams. This man is a liability who has assembled a poor squad on a decent budget #adamsout

Hardly worth a response - once again you talk nonsense.

What part of my post is nonsense ??

Could someone please tell me what's wrong with my computer - it has started missing posts. In this thread it has already missed posts 54 & 56
Or am I better to let it carry on?

(04-23-2014, 08:05 PM)gujeecof Wrote: Could someone please tell me what's wrong with my computer - it has started missing posts. In this thread it has already missed posts 54 & 56
Or am I better to let it carry on?

You'll have blocked "Kevin Luckassen" then.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-23-2014, 04:57 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: I agree but if he has no such reason I would rather go with someone who wants to play for the club even if that has to be a youngster like Dingwall.

Finding it hard to disagree with you Brora - we need fighters, we have needed fighters for some time now and I want to see a response from the players on Saturday or I'll be one p1ssed off Staggie!

PS, Millwall - please wait until you hear the facts before pointing the finger, there are a lot of awkward managers out there, but you don't see many players going AWOL - if the player has decided to take a longer break and not bother contacting anyone the. It's hardly Derek's fault!

(04-23-2014, 08:38 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 04:57 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: I agree but if he has no such reason I would rather go with someone who wants to play for the club even if that has to be a youngster like Dingwall.

Finding it hard to disagree with you Brora - we need fighters, we have needed fighters for some time now and I want to see a response from the players on Saturday or I'll be one p1ssed off Staggie!

PS, Millwall - please wait until you hear the facts before pointing the finger, there are a lot of awkward managers out there, but you don't see many players going AWOL - if the player has decided to take a longer break and not bother contacting anyone the. It's hardly Derek's fault!

I know the facts. I spoke to somebody at County this morning who just said that Arquin didn't react well to a bollocking from Adams and stormed out. Also reiterated the problems within our football club.