Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Arquin
Hopefully the big man can score another next Saturday.

He's done really well so far - 2 goals in 3 games in a good return.

I predicted that he would score goals in the league and, so far, I've been right!

He's such a powerful striker. He wins nearly every header he challenges for, he's brilliant in the air. I think if we got some more crosses in (from Carey preferably) then Arquin would score even more.

So far, his workrate has been good and if you combine that with Arquin's strength, pace and aerial ability, we have got a real good striker on our hands.

I think Arquin will score 10 goals by the end of the season.

Heart 
(02-07-2014, 11:42 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Hopefully the big man can score another next Saturday.

He's done really well so far - 2 goals in 3 games in a good return.

I predicted that he would score goals in the league and, so far, I've been right!

He's such a powerful striker. He wins nearly every header he challenges for, he's brilliant in the air. I think if we got some more crosses in (from Carey preferably) then Arquin would score even more.

So far, his workrate has been good and if you combine that with Arquin's strength, pace and aerial ability, we have got a real good striker on our hands.

I think Arquin will score 10 goals by the end of the season.

JailendLoyal & Arquin
Up a tree
K.I.S.S.I.N.G.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

(01-20-2014, 09:17 PM)Drillerpie Wrote: Notts County fan here just wondering how the enigmatic Frenchman got on on Saturday? I saw that he scored, general impressions apart from that?

Probably worth revisiting this. Definitely not as advertised. While some may question his profligacy, his effort cannot be questioned. One of the hardest working players we have.

I suspect Derek Adams knows how to man-manage better than the Notts County manager, because Arquin's been really hard working, and a real team player since he signed.

An excellent piece of business, who I notice the St Johnstone manager, Tommy Wright, claimed he wanted to sign too.

(03-16-2014, 09:05 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 09:17 PM)Drillerpie Wrote: Notts County fan here just wondering how the enigmatic Frenchman got on on Saturday? I saw that he scored, general impressions apart from that?

Probably worth revisiting this. Definitely not as advertised. While some may question his profligacy, his effort cannot be questioned. One of the hardest working players we have.

I suspect Derek Adams knows how to man-manage better than the Notts Forrest manager, because Arquin's been really hard working since he signed.

An excellent piece of business, who I notice the St Johnstone manager claimed he wanted to sign too.

Totally agree - both Arquin and Slew work their butts off in every game since their arrival - a few others could take a leaf out of their books - solid performance yesterday and I think they will only get better with more game time.

We have a really good squad and would love to see Slew get a goal as I think he deserves one given his work rate!

Arquin has been a great signing!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I suspect Derek Adams knows how to man-manage better than the Notts Forrest manager, because Arquin's been really hard working since he signed.

An excellent piece of business, who I notice the St Johnstone manager claimed he wanted to sign too.

Maybe Tommy Wright went to Forest but Derek went to County.

An excellent piece of business, who I notice the St Johnstone manager, Tommy Wright, claimed he wanted to sign too.
[/quote]

Hope County don't sign him. He's a bit old and I don't know what position he plays either!!!!

(03-17-2014, 11:05 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: An excellent piece of business, who I notice the St Johnstone manager, Tommy Wright, claimed he wanted to sign too.

Hope County don't sign him. He's a bit old and I don't know what position he plays either!!!!
[/quote]

Wright was a goalkeeper ......... (I think)

I suspect Derek Adams knows how to man-manage better than the Notts County manager, because Arquin's been really hard working, and a real team player since he signed.

He chased every ball on Saturday, no matter how wayward or marginal, he was out wide left, wide right, in the centre, drifting all over the place, not giving the defence time to settle. He's got a great combination of pace and strength also, the kind of forward we've been screaming out for IMO

The Press & Journal ‏@pressjournal
Outrageous piece of skill from Ross County's Arquin in their 1-1 draw with The Dons on Tuesday night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTclZFYRpU0

(03-27-2014, 02:42 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The Press & Journal ‏@pressjournal
Outrageous piece of skill from Ross County's Arquin in their 1-1 draw with The Dons on Tuesday night

Pretty funky and then bursting a gut to get into the box... De Leeuw's got to be doing a lot more in that position.

(03-27-2014, 06:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Pretty funky and then bursting a gut to get into the box... De Leeuw's got to be doing a lot more in that position.

Wazzup Hen? You been to Millwall and caught some nasty trolling itch?

(03-27-2014, 06:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(03-27-2014, 02:42 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The Press & Journal ‏@pressjournal

Pretty funky and then bursting a gut to get into the box... De Leeuw's got to be doing a lot more in that position.

He played a big part in County creating so many clear cut opportunities, and more importantly scored himself. I think we can let him off on that one.

(03-28-2014, 12:22 AM)john@THHP Wrote:
(03-27-2014, 06:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Pretty funky and then bursting a gut to get into the box... De Leeuw's got to be doing a lot more in that position.

He played a big part in County creating so many clear cut opportunities, and more importantly scored himself. I think we can let him off on that one.

When I saw it live I thought he looked up, saw that Arquin was well surrounded, and tried to go over the top to Brittain coming in to the box late. Just underhit the cross. Not a hanging offence, I don't think. Unlike that ref who missed two corners. Shocking display.

(03-28-2014, 12:34 AM)Wicky Wrote:
(03-28-2014, 12:22 AM)john@THHP Wrote: He played a big part in County creating so many clear cut opportunities, and more importantly scored himself. I think we can let him off on that one.

When I saw it live I thought he looked up, saw that Arquin was well surrounded, and tried to go over the top to Brittain coming in to the box late. Just underhit the cross. Not a hanging offence, I don't think. Unlike that ref who missed two corners. Shocking display.

Agreed on all points. That said Arquin was so dominant at times you'd have fancied him out-muscling those defenders and getting a header on a cross directed at him. But then the ref would probably have blown for a foul because it wasn't fair the defenders were so much smaller and weaker than Arquin...

What I love about that rabona pass from Arquin is that it actually gets the team somewhere- he's achieved something he otherwise wouldn't have with the pass. There's a purpose behind what he's done, rather than just aimless trickery in an inconsequential position
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(01-02-1970, 03:46 PM)StuartTaylorPress' Wrote: The Press & Journal ‏@pressjournal

Love it, I just saw him on Soccer AM's Showboat.

The sequence went Suarez, Arquin, Kolarov then Benzema, he's keeping good company at least!

Record saying he failed to turn up for the last 10 days. Apparently he came back yesterday.
I hope there is a valid reason, family issues or whatever, and it can be sorted out before Saturday, if not, he should be sacked.

[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNv...hf7xKbcZKk]

(04-23-2014, 08:13 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Record saying he failed to turn up for the last 10 days. Apparently he came back yesterday.
I hope there is a valid reason, family issues or whatever, and it can be sorted out before Saturday, if not, he should be sacked.

[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNv...hf7xKbcZKk]

That's a bit mad... Hope it's nothing serous we need all the help we can get
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Bizarre situation!! We really need him, but the Club can not allow this type of behaviour if it is not for extreme reasons. Big difference between compassionate leave and going awol.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Ok its the Record, lets not all jump to conclusions, they might have sexed-up the story. Lets see what the club says. It seems bizarre though.

The Record article:

Stunned Ross County suffer relegation blow as star striker goes AWOL
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...um=twitter