Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jail End - Safe Standing
Thumbs Up 
Have seen that Jailender and a few others reporting that club may be investigating reverting the Jail End back to safe standing - currently sits 850, but would be 950 standing with minimal revamp required to structure or roof!

Thoughts?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Brilliant it's good the club are listening to the fans wishes

Whilst I have no desire to give up my seat in the East Stand I fully support this move as clearly the Jailend has lost a lot of its appeal since the change. Correct me if I'm wrong Jailenders but I take it you all loved it just the way it was?
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Yes, Roy MacGregor did mention this last week so let's hope that it will come aboot.

I'd say it would be better to trial it at GES than say the Weegie refugee camp.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

I think k it would improve the atmosphere. My Sat is roughly where I always stood but the crack is is. Not the same. Safe standing in the jailender would imo be brilliant.

Would be a massive boost, I reckon.

Getting the core vocal support back in the jailend would greatly help the atmosphere at our home games, and we have seen/heard how beneficial this can be for the players. It may even make a small difference to attendances.

Win-Win for the club IMO

Yeeeeha. Please make this happen Roy.
And bring back the Deas pies.
Perhaps a dream ring stand too!!

Would have to agree, before I had my seat in the west stand, I always made my way to the Jail End, if for nothing else but the atmosphere and banter. View of the game may not have been as good, but atmosphere was much better!

The jailend atmosphere has never been the same since seats were put in and this idea will be of benefit.

It is to small for seating,standing in the jail end would be better for every one.

(01-19-2014, 10:39 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Have seen that Jailender and a few others reporting that club may be investigating reverting the Jail End back to safe standing - currently sits 850, but would be 950 standing with minimal revamp required to structure or roof!

Thoughts?

There should not be a problem with request,may I point out that when we play in caley thistle,due to rows of seats being too close,we end up standing anyway,it can't be helped guy in front stand guy behind gets up, domino effect whole way back.

(01-20-2014, 08:19 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: ........... guy in front stand guy behind gets up, domino effect whole way back.

That'll be those magic standing-up dominoes!

(01-19-2014, 11:28 PM)kenthehood Wrote: It is to small for seating,standing in the jail end would be better for every one.

Apart from those that are happy in the East & West Stands. Oh and the police & stewards. So it wouldnt really be better for everyone would it?

Personally I couldnt care less. The days of a jam packed Jailend, bouncing around like a bunch of rabid capuchins are long gone. Get over it folks.

Would be great if this happens, what are the prospects of it happening this Summer?
Would it be the whole Jailend or just a section?

I Think it will bring a better atmspher back to the games

Apparently used to hold 1200, currently seats 850 - suggested revamp would hold 950 standing, so pretty much close to what was there before....don't see why this can't happen, may attract more bods back to the games?

Seems a bit of money right now just for an extra 100 fans?. I would have expected the club to be looking forward to a summer of not having to put out a substantial amount of money on the stadium?

Check this out and see what you think.
http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk

It's not exactly what it was like before, but it does suggest you can get 1.8 standing places for each seat.

(01-20-2014, 07:15 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Check this out and see what you think.
http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk

It's not exactly what it was like before, but it does suggest you can get 1.8 standing places for each seat.

Actually quite a smart idea and caters for both scenarios - no doubt the club will look at all options.....but this kind of gives you the best of both worlds.

I've talked to a couple of people who have been to German stadiums that have that style of "terracing". Only heard good things about it.