Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paul Lawson return?
I was at a pub in Glasgow a while back and happened to bump into Paul. Lovely fella, spoke for well over an hour to him....great talking to such a Staggies legend.

Anyway, we got chatting about life, how he was etc etc before conversation turned to Motherwell. Now before I go on, he was very complementary of the club, he didn't have a bad word to say about them, however, he did suggest that he was missing life up North. At the time, I thought of it as no more than a passing comment however, recently a few reliable sources informed me that a loan move back to Ross County is on the cards. Looking back, there did seem to be a hint of unhappiness in what he had to say about 'Well.

Obviously he wants to get regular first team football and he isn't getting that at 'Well so the move would make sense for all three parties.

Would certainly fill the gap in midfield left by Kovy's inevitable departure.

Thoughts?

Posts mentioning Kovy again, no idea what that means.

SouthernStaggie.... How the devil are you? Last time I heard from you, you were contemplating switching to being a Caley fan and rambling about a non-existent player. I see your ability to talk shitte has not diminished.

I don't believe a word you have to say, nor that you are a County fan. So howabout you piss off and leave the wind ups to the other dick'eds that frequent the forum.

Love Pete

It means SouthernStaggie has been at the blue smarties again.......
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-16-2014, 10:20 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: SouthernStaggie.... How the devil are you? Last time I heard from you, you were contemplating switching to being a Caley fan and rambling about a non-existent player. I see your ability to talk shitte has not diminished.

I don't believe a word you have to say, nor that you are a County fan. So howabout you piss off and leave the wind ups to the other dick'eds that frequent the forum.

Love Pete

You're right I was contemplating it but since the emergence of Neale Cooper in the first team, and going on to score the winner in the derby, I have reconsidered. Just shows you what a successful youth policy can achieve.

(01-16-2014, 10:20 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I see your ability to talk shitte has not diminished.

Right on cue. Nob.

(01-16-2014, 10:27 PM)SouthernStaggie Wrote: You're right I was contemplating it but since the emergence of Neale Cooper in the first team, and going on to score the winner in the derby, I have reconsidered. Just shows you what a successful youth policy can achieve.

Our youth policy has done Neale wonders right enough. His nipper is no bad eitherBig Grin

10 out of 10 for comedy value this chap.

(01-16-2014, 10:27 PM)SouthernStaggie Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 10:20 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: SouthernStaggie.... How the devil are you? Last time I heard from you, you were contemplating switching to being a Caley fan and rambling about a non-existent player. I see your ability to talk shitte has not diminished.

Love Pete

You're right I was contemplating it but since the emergence of Neale Cooper in the first team, and going on to score the winner in the derby, I have reconsidered. Just shows you what a successful youth policy can achieve.

Horrendous patter

Love Pete

Pete, if there's one thing I love about you, it's your genuine talent of being able to come up with new and creative ways to dodge around the censor filter. Kudos to you!
(Insert humorous quip here)

I dont think Lawson will come back as he moved down there for the money but never say never when it comes to football

(01-17-2014, 10:28 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I dont think Lawson will come back as he moved down there for the money but never say never when it comes to football

That's not true either. Although I'm sure he's making a lot more at Motherwell than he was here.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Paul Lawson return

Would he get first team football at County now with all the midfielders we have, OK, some of the new guys are short term, but can't see him coming back during January.

If he came back, which is highly unlikely, he would walk into the starting XI.

Wages need not be an issue as it's not uncommon for a club taking a player on loan to pay less than 100 % of that player's salary.

Walk straight into the starting XI - and replace who currently?

(01-16-2014, 10:12 PM)SouthernStaggie Wrote: I was at a pub in Glasgow a while back and happened to bump into Paul. Lovely fella, spoke for well over an hour to him....great talking to such a Staggies legend.

Anyway, we got chatting about life, how he was etc etc before conversation turned to Motherwell. Now before I go on, he was very complementary of the club, he didn't have a bad word to say about them, however, he did suggest that he was missing life up North. At the time, I thought of it as no more than a passing comment however, recently a few reliable sources informed me that a loan move back to Ross County is on the cards. Looking back, there did seem to be a hint of unhappiness in what he had to say about 'Well.

Obviously he wants to get regular first team football and he isn't getting that at 'Well so the move would make sense for all three parties.

Would certainly fill the gap in midfield left by Kovy's inevitable departure.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are
Just drop the lure in the river and wait --------quietly------- while -----------WOW bagged another one, looks like a whopper to, now play it gently and keep it on the hook!!!!!!!! Nice one Big Grin

Don't think it was a successful fishing trip at all. While there has been some hypothetical discussion about the merits of having Lawson back, not a soul believes a word of the OP.

(01-16-2014, 10:12 PM)SouthernStaggie Wrote: I was at a pub in Glasgow a while back and happened to bump into Paul. Lovely fella, spoke for well over an hour to him....great talking to such a Staggies legend.

Thoughts?

The pub wasn't called The Fantasy Arms by any chance?

To be fair, the OP's pal Walter Mitty confirms every word.

(01-17-2014, 03:50 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Walk straight into the starting XI - and replace who currently?

Brittain and Quinn have massively underperformed this season, so a midfield three of Kiss, Tider and Lawson as the anchor with De Leeuw/Carey/Maatsen/Cooper on the flanks?

As implausible as it sounds, it'd be interesting to see.