Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salute To The Highland League
Salute to the Highland League.
A comparison on how things should be done.
The current set up is one league of eighteen teams.
A proposal was made that the Highland League should be split into two leagues of ten.
At a meeting last night the proposal was defeated, congratulations to democracy.
Put that into comparison with the “EEJITS” that run Scottish Football.
High salaried individuals, given increases, despite their failure to attract a sponsor.
The suggestion of regional football was/is still under consideration.
Personally, I think this would be a disaster and a backward step for Scottish football.
Simple fact: regions would become stronger or weaker.

Scottish football is killing itself with it's indecision, only in Scotland could you have a manager suggest that the ruling body is working against his team when in reality the people in charge tried all they could to have a team with the name Rangers in the title in the top league. If it wasn't for fan power then Sevco and the SFA/SPL would have made a mockery of clubs that live within their means.
Football success shouldn't be about how many fans you have but who runs their club best from top to bottom.
You only have to look at todays west coast press to see them celebrate McCoist taking a 45% pay cut to help his club Huh when they should be asking why he was being paid over £800,000 even now he'll be pocketing over £400,000 as manager of a 2nd division full time side playing part time teams.

When a lower league Scottish football manager is being paid more than the leader of the free world we know the game's knackered.

I hope the Highland league can find a solution to their future as there is plenty of teams that could and should be playing in the Scottish league set up.

Clicked on this thread because, oddly enough, I thought it might be about the Highland League but, rather than Brora Rangers, I find a rant about the Glasgow Rangers.

Has the demise of that club and the rise and slow fall of Sevco not been debated enough ?

Good win for Brora Today. 1 point behind with 3 games in hand, hope they do it Smile

Yip. That huge wage bill and clutch of ex Staggies is paying dividends.

Would be nice for the Highland League title to go to the Highlands again instead of some drab east coast town or suburb of Aberdeen.

Wick and Nairn still in the hunt too.

Do you go to the games?? What have Brora been like this season. Quite fancy going to a game for a look but if I am on the Mainland I obviously try to get to Vicy Park, although next time I am down and County are away might try. I have not been at that ground since 96 I think it was, friendly against Celtic, score was something like 0-6 0-7 if I remember right. Was wanting the home team to win of course Wink

(01-11-2014, 08:54 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Yip. That huge wage bill and clutch of ex Staggies is paying dividends.

Would be nice for the Highland League title to go to the Highlands again instead of some drab east coast town or suburb of Aberdeen.

Wick and Nairn still in the hunt too.

I see Conor Gethins has already bagged an impressive 32 (thirty-two) goals
For the Speldings so far this season

(01-11-2014, 11:43 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Do you go to the games?? What have Brora been like this season. Quite fancy going to a game for a look but if I am on the Mainland I obviously try to get to Vicy Park, although next time I am down and County are away might try. I have not been at that ground since 96 I think it was, friendly against Celtic, score was something like 0-6 0-7 if I remember right. Was wanting the home team to win of course Wink

Go to Dudgeon Park quite often when County are away. Decent quality of football, a winning team just now with a chance of making history, six quid to get in, pie and a coffee for half the price at Viccy Park, can park next to the ground and, what's more you can stand.

The Highland League is alive and kicking. Get along if you can.

(01-12-2014, 01:01 AM)Brora Boy Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 11:43 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Do you go to the games?? What have Brora been like this season. Quite fancy going to a game for a look but if I am on the Mainland I obviously try to get to Vicy Park, although next time I am down and County are away might try. I have not been at that ground since 96 I think it was, friendly against Celtic, score was something like 0-6 0-7 if I remember right. Was wanting the home team to win of course Wink

Go to Dudgeon Park quite often when County are away. Decent quality of football, a winning team just now with a chance of making history, six quid to get in, pie and a coffee for half the price at Viccy Park, can park next to the ground and, what's more you can stand.

This just won't last at Brora,overpaid players, underpriced tea stalls,and gate admission. Money dictates and money runs out.plus the older players from spl are going to disappear .enjoy while it lasts. This season.Where is the history part coming from. ,,,,,,,,, they have done it before

(01-12-2014, 12:39 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 01:01 AM)Brora Boy Wrote: Go to Dudgeon Park quite often when County are away. Decent quality of football, a winning team just now with a chance of making history, six quid to get in, pie and a coffee for half the price at Viccy Park, can park next to the ground and, what's more you can stand.

This just won't last at Brora,overpaid players, underpriced tea stalls,and gate admission. Money dictates and money runs out.plus the older players from spl are going to disappear .enjoy while it lasts. This season.Where is the history part coming from. ,,,,,,,,, they have done it before

Positive eh. Why can folk always find something negative when something positive is happening. I am not saying you are wrong as you may be proved right, but at least they are making a go of it and all the best to them for that. Where would any football club be without ambition?

Quite clearly Brora are aiming for the pyramid system.

That's what I meant by a chance to make history. The opportunity to become the first ever club in Scotland to be promoted into the league system on merit.

Top of the league now and only played 18. Nairn looking strong too on the same points but played 3 more. Bad results for Steve Paterson's lot.

I wouldn't write Formatine off just yet. They have a big budget by Highland League standards and a manager who has experience of winning the league.

(01-19-2014, 08:31 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: I wouldn't write Formatine off just yet. They have a big budget by Highland League standards and a manager who has experience of winning the league.

Your probably right, but Brora have the upper hand right now, long may it continue.

Has to be the Wee County for me

I wouldn't be surprised or unhappy if Nairn won the league.

They have a smaller budget than Brora or the big Aberdeenshire teams.

Gethins has probably been the best player in the league for the last two seasons and, if anything looks fitter and sharper than when he was full time with us.

Probably too old now to want to give it a go but, in my opinion, if he wanted to go full time again he would hold his own in the Championship.

Due to the fact that I spend a lot of time in the areas of Fort William and Speyside when mountaineering, I have always kept an eye on The Fort FC and Strathspey Thistle. Both inept teams but well run clubs. In fact Fort William are run by volunteers. Good to see in these glory-obsessed times.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(01-11-2014, 03:44 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Scottish football is killing itself with it's indecision, only in Scotland could you have a manager suggest that the ruling body is working against his team when in reality the people in charge tried all they could to have a team with the name Rangers in the title in the top league. If it wasn't for fan power then Sevco and the SFA/SPL would have made a mockery of clubs that live within their means.
Football success shouldn't be about how many fans you have but who runs their club best from top to bottom.
You only have to look at todays west coast press to see them celebrate McCoist taking a 45% pay cut to help his club Huh when they should be asking why he was being paid over £800,000 even now he'll be pocketing over £400,000 as manager of a 2nd division full time side playing part time teams.

When a lower league Scottish football manager is being paid more than the leader of the free world we know the game's knackered.

I hope the Highland league can find a solution to their future as there is plenty of teams that could and should be playing in the Scottish league set up.
There already are too many football clubs in Scotland in all regions and levels of leauges.too many meaningless games all round
Highland league Brora will cruise it money money and backing,where were Brora three years ago without backing money money
Buying the highland league.
Our top league in Scotland already won before a ball is kicked pathetic turnouts at matches who gets excited about coming second
Naw scottish football needs a culling of clubs or clubs amalgamating to make them stronger,right across the board,
My team the Staggies had to rethink strategy spend spend money money and hope we get it right,
I thnk we will. From highland league to premier. Staggie Staggie Staggie it's a rich mans game. !!Im just saying!!!

What ah sad story,you say it shouldn't be about how many fans you have,nonsense
The more fans a club has means more,finance money money money its a rich Mans world.the reason Rangers will survive is fans in their thousands,turn up every other Saturday,like or loath them. They are a fantastic support

(01-20-2014, 11:00 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Due to the fact that I spend a lot of time in the areas of Fort William and Speyside when mountaineering, I have always kept an eye on The Fort FC and Strathspey Thistle. Both inept teams but well run clubs. In fact Fort William are run by volunteers. Good to see in these glory-obsessed times.

Well spotted funny!!isaid that to the half dozen supporters at the game,who are the force behind their team good on them all

(01-21-2014, 08:32 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 03:44 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Scottish football is killing itself with it's indecision, only in Scotland could you have a manager suggest that the ruling body is working against his team when in reality the people in charge tried all they could to have a team with the name Rangers in the title in the top league. If it wasn't for fan power then Sevco and the SFA/SPL would have made a mockery of clubs that live within their means.

What ah sad story,you say it shouldn't be about how many fans you have,nonsense
The more fans a club has means more,finance money money money its a rich Mans world.the reason Rangers will survive is fans in their thousands,turn up every other Saturday,like or loath them. They are a fantastic support

(01-20-2014, 11:00 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Due to the fact that I spend a lot of time in the areas of Fort William and Speyside when mountaineering, I have always kept an eye on The Fort FC and Strathspey Thistle. Both inept teams but well run clubs. In fact Fort William are run by volunteers. Good to see in these glory-obsessed times.

Well spotted funny!!isaid that to the half dozen supporters at the game,who are the force behind their team good on them all

Not sure why your posting on this thread when you would be better off using your time to organise a whip round to finance your wee team's spa days.