Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Your ideal xi
Thumbs Up 
Now with all of these new signings what does everyone think our starting Xi should be with no injuries for me it would be:

Fraser

Kovacevic boyd McLean oikonomou

De leeuw kiss tidser Carey

Glen slew

Depending on the game or form possibly brittain in for glen and play a 4-5-1 and brown or Fraser doesn't really matter because IMO they are on a par with each other and if we signed Kenneth possibly him in for one of the cb's and while kova is away I would have Gordon or Saunders at right back
County till I die

It's difficult to say because there are still some changes to be made on the squad that we don't know about.

I think our front six could be the following:

Brittain Kiss Tidser Carey
de Leeuw
Slew

I think County have significantly improved with Carey being able to pass through the centre of midfield, but the quality of his crossing is beyond Cooper's and Tidser will be able to hold his own in the middle.

Let's hope Kiss is as good as we think he might be.

I'm sticking with 4-4-2 formation which has worked for us in the last two games!

There isn't much between our goalkeepers really, they are both pretty experienced guys, Fraser has done pretty well since coming back into the team, and I think it was good management skills shown by Derek to give Brown a break as he'd let in a few goals and was starting to roast his defence - you could sense the frustration and stress watching him berate his centre backs - a break was required! So I'm going with Derek and staying with Michael Fraser in goals.

To be honest - I liked the sound of Ben Gordon at right back with Oikinomou on left. Ben Gordon at right back is going to allow him to get forward and come inside and cross with his righ foot and also capable of providing good cross balls. Oikinomou is a no-brainer at left back and will get better and better as the season progresses - assured footballer with a great first touch, others in defence will thrive with him beside them.

I'd stick with MacLean & Boyd in the centre of defence as it's vital they continue to Forge an understanding, this will only get better the longer they partner each other. They both have good qualities and will get better with more understanding of how each other plays the game.

So my back line would be:

-----------------------Fraser-----------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Gordon--------MacLean----Boyd------Oikinomou

The midfield is the main area that has concerned me since the start of the season as I just don't think it has been strong enough and has lacked real guile. We are starting to see our captain emerge from what has been a treacherous period of personal off field issues, and it's no surprise that the fact that things off the field seem to be subsiding that we are starting to see the best of him again. So for me Richie retains the armband and remains in our midfield on the right in front of Gordon who I think he links well with. I haven't seen much of Tidser yet in a County shirt, but from previous knowledge I think he'll be a great signing for us and will bring some strength to our midfield. I don't know enough about Kiss, but we are lacking a box to box midfield dynamo, and I'm hoping that he's the guy to bring this to our squad - if he's the kind of player I think he is, then Kiss and Tidser could be mouthwatering in our centre midfield. My favourite of our new signings from start of the season though has to remain on the left and fire in these wonderful cross balls - Carey for me has been the bright light in recent weeks - I see big potential for this lad and I hope he's around for a while.

So my midfield would be:

Brittain----Tidser---Kiss-----Carey

From the forwards we have at the moment at the club - I partner either Luckassen or Glen with Jordan Slew - simple as that, Slew offers 100% more than Mustafi and we just need to slot either of the smaller more mobile guys in beside him - probably Glen would get my initial shout as he's older and more experienced, but Luckassen will improve with the weight taken off his shoulders - he's a great asset to have on the bench to come on and inject some pace up front.

So my starting 11 would be:

---------------------Fraser------------------
----------------------------------------------
Gordon------MacLean---Boyd--Oikinomou
Brittain---------Tidser--Kiss----------Carey
-----------------Slew----Glen---------------

The subs bench is going to be very strong which gives the manager loads of options to change formation / personnel during a match - something that is vital in this league!

My subs bench would have the following players - I do fear that if after Kiss another three players could cone in, then a few could leave, and I'd have to say that Quinn, Maatsen and Klok must be looking at either U21 games or a future elsewhere - sorry, but I don't see how we can maintain the size of squad and keep everyone happy. I'd love to see us keep Quinn and Klok as backup for the likes of Brittain and the two central guys Tidser and Kiss, but we'll see what materialises over the next few weeks. I also have doubts over Micic who just doesn't seem to be 100% committed to me - he must be under threat of being replaced. Kettelwell for me is worth holding onto as he's a good utility player and can play in midfield or at right back. Think Ross could go or be loaned out to get some more game time.

My subs would be: Cooper, Luckassen, De Leeuw, Kettlewell, Quinn, Klok, Brown,(new centre back replacement for Micic?)

The good news is we have loads of options and a much stronger squad appearing with more to come - I can see this thread running for some time as the picture will change dramatically during January!

However, it's vital that we start to see some of the younger players from the U21 squad starting to get bench time and some game time - I know it's hard, but a lot of the guys above are short-term fixes, we need to start making that Academy pay long term!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Fraser

Gordon Boyd Oik

De Leeuw Brittain Kettlewell Kiss Carey

Glen Slew

I agree, Brown looked like he was close to tearing his hair out at times so he could do with a short break. I'd go with:

Fraser

Gordon Boyd MacLean Zeus

Brittain Ketts Tidser Carey

De Leeuw

Slew

Tidser is a player I've always rated very highly. Delighted to see him sign.

All very well, but Adams won't change the starting 11 unless injury forces his hand.

I agree and I think he's correct to stick with the 11 who have done well - show of faith in them helps confidence. The encouraging thing is that earlier in the season I always struggled to pick a starting 11 without feeling their was a weak link in midfield - now, I'm struggling to put players in that I like which is a good problem to have!!

(01-05-2014, 03:32 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: All very well, but Adams won't change the starting 11 unless injury forces his hand.

Really can't see Dereck drop Ketts and why should he,one must not forget The new guys are short term,not a strategy I agree with,we must get players on at least two year deals,and nurture young players,to give us continuity,as thing are,this having to rush players in,because strategy was wrong start of season might not always work

Let us see this season out without being involved in play offs, then if players on loan are willing to make it permanent that of course is if they are good enough,get them on longer contracts, but it really is so nice to see county winning does the community good
All the best and happy new year!!

Ketts is suspended for the Dundee Utd game, he might have a job getting back in depending on how his replacement fares.

Ketts is a workhorse and a great utility player but County need more than work rate at the moment, he may have to sit out a few so we can strengthen the midfield with the likes of Tidser and Kiss...the midfield has been crying out for quality - we can't get emotional and upset that some of our regulars may find themselves benched!

(01-05-2014, 06:29 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Ketts is a workhorse and a great utility player but County need more than work rate at the moment, he may have to sit out a few so we can strengthen the midfield with the likes of Tidser and Kiss...the midfield has been crying out for quality - we can't get emotional and upset that some of our regulars may find themselves benched!

If it is the case they deserve to be dropped onto bench,I'm a believer in if it does not require changes. Just Don't change for changes sake,
It does ones heart good to see county winning again.

Love how Kiss gets straight into the team although no supporter has seen him play (anywhere); similar to the Dutch bed-wetting that went on months ago. Lets just give the lad a chance but please don't start binning players because a fresh new face has arrived - he needs to earn it like the rest of them.

(01-05-2014, 09:01 PM)number8 Wrote: Dutch bed-wetting

Just googled that. Interesting, very interesting....

(01-05-2014, 09:01 PM)number8 Wrote: Love how Kiss gets straight into the team although no supporter has seen him play (anywhere); similar to the Dutch bed-wetting that went on months ago. Lets just give the lad a chance but please don't start binning players because a fresh new face has arrived - he needs to earn it like the rest of them.

It's unthinkable that anyone could have seen him playing in the Championship.

Have to day from what I have seen - mostly home games - that I'd go with

Fraser done well the last few weeks and while I think brown might be marginally better shot stopper fraser is better in distribution and a touch more commanding it's really marginal but fraser for me at the moment.

Back four of kova when back now Gordon and a few more games and Gordon might take the place thought he was solid on Saturday along with Boyd, McLean and Oik.

Midfield I think we at time struggle down the right and tend to create more down the left. I think Richie works hard but is not a natural right midfield so would go with de Leeuw who I think has real quality, Ketts and either tidser or kis (for me Ketts has played really well but the new guys look like they have a lot of potential. Take the point that I've not seem them play for us but think they look like they have potential. Think Klok coming in if Quinn adds lots of strength. I prefer Carey out left think he adds more on the left than in the centre and he has been one of our best players this season.

Up front slew with either Glen of Luckasson - think the future with Luckasson has real potential but given his performance Glen might shade it for now.

(01-05-2014, 09:14 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 09:01 PM)number8 Wrote: Love how Kiss gets straight into the team although no supporter has seen him play (anywhere); similar to the Dutch bed-wetting that went on months ago. Lets just give the lad a chance but please don't start binning players because a fresh new face has arrived - he needs to earn it like the rest of them.

It's unthinkable that anyone could have seen him playing in the Championship.

For a team featuring a number of Scots , including a former Ross County player.

So tell me about Kiss, and Tidser while you are at it. If they are both playmakers, will we not need a Kettlewell?

The way I see it, Kiss is more like Kettlewell than Tidser is. Tidser is arguably playing for Quinn's position, and Kiss for Kettlewell's.

He'll absolutely need to work for it but it's not exactly unrealistic to believe that a player from Cardiff City might be (and given I've done the male equivalent of fangirlin' over Kettlewell for some time, it's difficult to type this) an upgrade on an existing player.

Time will tell I suppose - if another three (not including Kiss) are coming in, then we could be looking at a completely different midfield. I am not one for making sweeping changes, but MacGregor as much as said the club are aware they have made mistakes - assuming he's referring to the Dutch project - we all know that hasn't worked as well as Derek thought it would.

If we are taking in more experienced players - it can only be good for the remainder of this season!

I remember a statement from the start of the season "our Dutch players will light up the SPFL" well that just hasn't materialised - which is why we are seeing remedial work being carried out on the squad.

I'm not too keen on the abuse of the Dutch players. Three of them were 22 or younger when they signed (and we sure as hell wouldn't be expecting young Scottish guys to go straight into the team and play well) and De Leeuw has been a great find.

They'll be more useful next season. Young, inexperienced players moving abroad to a new league doesn't return immediate results the majority of the time.

The signings weren't bad ones. They were naive ones.