Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Kovacevic
One of the more glaring negatives of Saturdays game against Motherwell is how desperately we need to look at replacing the big fella at right back....Last season he was rough around the edges but a bit gung ho going forward and provided us a different option, this season his failings starting to really show....His complete inability to actually kick a ball properly (turning to side foot the ball at any opportunity and for a big guy his total lack of ability at heading a ball (something fairly vital for a defender).
When Saunders came on against Hibs a few weeks back i thought he showed loads of commitment and no short amount of ability so surely the current management team can see this....Not to mention the amount of times we get caught on our right hand side....Any thoughts?
I'm actually a bit of a fan of Kova purely due to the unpredictable nature of what he is going to do, but starting to get really frustrated with him

Saunders needs to be playing at centre-back, alongside Boyd.

I would tend to agree that Kova hasn't looked as good this season and a bit like a headless chicken at times - I also agree with StrathyStaggie that I'd like to see Saunders partner Boyd in the centre of defence...this lad has had caps for Scotland and injury plagued his Motherwell career - but I think if we can keep him fit, he'll be a good player for us!

I also think that Ben Gordon has looked better in the last two games, so I'm hoping that we can find another position for Gordon - wonder if left midfield would suit him better?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Yup, Saunders at centre half. Kovacevic is far from the most of our worries.

(12-16-2013, 04:46 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I would tend to agree that Kova hasn't looked as good this season and a bit like a headless chicken at times - I also agree with StrathyStaggie that I'd like to see Saunders partner Boyd in the centre of defence...this lad has had caps for Scotland and injury plagued his Motherwell career - but I think if we can keep him fit, he'll be a good player for us!

I also think that Ben Gordon has looked better in the last two games, so I'm hoping that we can find another position for Gordon - wonder if left midfield would suit him better?
I think Bens definitely looked better the last couple of weeks, 2nd half against Well he looked really good...Sometimes think Carey doesnt offer him enough protection either, he likes to drift in field quite a bit and teams always hit us on the break down our left so he's left a bit exposed at times

the arrival of a certain Greek Person might have something to do with him performing better, maybe he has just settled in and getting on with the job he was signed for.

Would like to see Saunders play there if kovacevic doesn't improve also wouldn't mind a loan move for Gary miller
County till I die

If the rumour mill is right wont be a problem for much longer.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

From what I am hearing I would like to see the defence of Kova,Boyd,Saunders and Iko if he comes back

(12-16-2013, 06:22 PM)Farr staggie Wrote: Would like to see Saunders play there if kovacevic doesn't improve also wouldn't mind a loan move for Gary miller

Don't be silly.

(12-16-2013, 02:47 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Saunders needs to be playing at centre-back, alongside Boyd.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Saunders given a run at right-back, since like Boyd, he's naturally right-sided. In the interests of balance, I'd prefer to see us get a better quality left-sided centre-back to play alongside Boyd.
Cool

(12-16-2013, 05:34 PM)JamesG1977 Wrote: I think Bens definitely looked better the last couple of weeks, 2nd half against Well he looked really good

Most likely as he had very little defending to do in the 2nd half...

He looks decent going forward which makes me wonder if he could be used left midfield ?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I would agree with OP that Saunders would be a great shout for Right Back. Kova although he has improved slightly just hasn't reached the levels of last year. His positional play is poor at times.

Saunders could also do a job at CB. This an area where I think we need one new addition at least. Both our centre backs are having a shakey season. I don't see much difference in standard of play this season between McLean and Boyd, so the get Saunders playing beside Boyd and all will be fine theory doesn't add up for me.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Saunders had a nightmare playing at full back the day we got humped at St Johnstone. Maclean or Saunders playing beside Boyd might be alright on paper but for me both players are not tough enough, I would prefer a more aggressive Centre, some one that would get stuck in.

I notice a Mr Hainault has only played 7 times for his new club. Be nice if he wanted to move.

(12-17-2013, 08:54 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: He looks decent going forward which makes me wonder if he could be used left midfield ?

I don't know if you're serious at times.

(12-17-2013, 08:54 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: He looks decent going forward which makes me wonder if he could be used left midfield ?

Given he's a right back I dont think so.

Please engage your brain on occasion.

(12-17-2013, 04:06 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:

Given he's a right back I dont think so.

Given the post immediately prior to staggie2509's was in reference to Ben Gordon, I suspect he was continuing that line.

(12-17-2013, 04:23 PM)Forfinn Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 04:06 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Given he's a right back I dont think so.

Given the post immediately prior to staggie2509's was in reference to Ben Gordon, I suspect he was continuing that line.

Ok I see, we're onto Ben Gordon now. Staggie2509 I apologise for telling you to engage your brain.