Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Dundee Utd away
Supporters bus free for members, however almost full already so you better book soon.

Santa hats or Christmas jumpers are compulsory.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...11213.aspx

We aren't getting anything from this one. Just can't see us keeping that United side out.

I think we write this one off as experience and maybe use it as a chance to play a few fringe guys like Cooper, Ross, Glenn, Maatsen etc......we have to use them sometime!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-15-2013, 05:52 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I think we write this one off as experience and maybe use it as a chance to play a few fringe guys like Cooper, Ross, Glenn, Maatsen etc......we have to use them sometime!

What a ridiculously stupid suggestion. Its Dundee United, not Barcelona.

(12-15-2013, 05:54 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:
(12-15-2013, 05:52 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I think we write this one off as experience and maybe use it as a chance to play a few fringe guys like Cooper, Ross, Glenn, Maatsen etc......we have to use them sometime!

Absolutely agree with you Pete. Start next week with the team that finished yesterday and play our brand of football aimed at giving DU more problems than they might give us. You can be too focussed on dealing with their threats and not looking at what we can do. We certainly do not write this match off as a foregone conclusion. Ask Motherwell about the Scottish cup game a couple of weeks ago.

we have had a few close games with utd down there over the years, for all the good football that there are playing, they are still third in the table.we had loads of chances against them in Dingwall earlier and when we started our comeback, they were rocking.Play them with respect, not fear.

Well said Pete, someone needs to burst their Bubble, so why not us. Big Grin

We'll be there but no free bus for us. Big Grin
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Dundee Utd are not world beaters they're just on a good run at the moment. Which will hopefully come to an end this Saturday. I'll be at Tannadice to cheer the boys on.
They never came North of Culloden

It's on BBC Alba at 5.30 for those that can't make it.

Hopin you guys can take something off them as I reckon we will drop points against the sheep

I'm expecting another County horror show,this Utd team score for fun,and their young lads play for fun,their skill levels,are tanner ball,Countys player's skill level is 'whits a ball look like' Our team play like they had only met each other yesterday.I hope we can keep them to 4 or 5 goals.

Good observation, they are certainly not Barcelona and are very beatable. However they are a far better team than us at the moment and I can't see us getting anything from this. It seems that some people are still waiting for us to 'click' rather than just accepting that we are poor and moving forward.
Are still classing Glen and Cooper as 'fringe' players? They were fringe players last season and dont seem to be progressing in the eyes of the management.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

A lot of positive thoughts on this thread!!

Why has no one taken the positives out of the game on Saturday, where we played very well in the second half, and pinned Motherwell back for long spells.

You also have to notice that Kilmarnock played for an hour on Saturday with 10 men!

One thing I have also noticed is the number of goals that Utd have scored int he last 15 minutes of games - for some reason they seem to be able to punish teams at the end of games, so if we can keep it tight at the end there is no reason why we can't get something from this game.

After watching the highlights, I retract my previous comment, I think we could snatch something from an over confident Utd side......
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-17-2013, 07:45 AM)staggie34 Wrote: they are certainly not Barcelona and are very beatable.

(12-17-2013, 07:45 AM)staggie34 Wrote: I can't see us getting anything from this.

You just totally contradicted yourself.

Or are you saying they are beatable but we will not beat them?

I'm quite excited about the prospect of seeing Scotland's answer to Ajax 1995-1996, given that I missed the original Dutch version the first time around.

ETA: Pete The Jakey, is it not obvious that he's meaning that United can be beaten it's just that County aren't the team to do so?

(12-17-2013, 03:55 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I'm quite excited about the prospect of seeing Scotland's answer to Ajax 1995-1996, given that I missed the original Dutch version the first time around.

ETA: Pete The Jakey, is it not obvious that he's meaning that United can be beaten it's just that County aren't the team to do so?

No, its not.

The form guide will have us humped which is where the best odds lie.

However.................. this is footy after all and with a mixture of over confidence on the Arabs part and a continuation of the second half gutsy approach from last Saturday from our lads it wouldn't surprise me at all if we manage to wrestle a 1-0 victory out of them.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(12-17-2013, 03:48 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 07:45 AM)staggie34 Wrote: they are certainly not Barcelona and are very beatable.

(12-17-2013, 07:45 AM)staggie34 Wrote: I can't see us getting anything from this.

You just totally contradicted yourself.

Or are you saying they are beatable but we will not beat them?

Sorry, i'll simplify my point:

Dundee Utd are a decent team but are not invincible.
However, considering County's poor form, especially away and the fact that we are not as good as DUFC, i do not see us getting anything from this game. I would be over the moon if we did mind.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25410296