Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queens Park - OMFG It's the big one nobody's talking about
So, this is going to be a classic, I feel. Fully expect a four or five goal win for the home team.

Ah, but seriously folks, I'm planning going to this one. Anyone else?

Aye, I'll be going.

It'll be interesting to see what players are selected to play.
Will Derek Adams stick with a similar/same team or make wholesale changes ?

Music 
hopefully complacency will not be a feature.

And the scoring of goals for County will be a feature.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(07-26-2011, 08:05 PM)thejailender Wrote: Aye, I'll be going.

It'll be interesting to see what players are selected to play.
Will Derek Adams stick with a similar/same team or make wholesale changes ?

A cup run in the league or Scottish cup would be great for the club this season. They should win, but Queens will be up for it so it wont be easy.

Thing about having a run in the League Cup is its seeded till the quarter finals. The seeds for the next round will be all SPL teams minus the top 4 from last year possibly Raith and Hamilton, depending on how many ties there are, so wont be an easy tie. But first things first need to beat Queens park

I anticipate an awkward performance, even if the margin is by a couple of goals.

It would be good to see Quinn in the set-up somewhere, and at least half an hour to see what Byrne is like in a competitive match.

I reckon there will be some changes. Lawson, Vigurs and Craig are probably the most likely to lose their places, but who knows.

Just need to win. I'd like to see Del begin to look at picking a settled side for a few games. I know it was poor last weekend but wholesale changes won't help. A cup run would be great and Wicky thinks we'll win it but we just need a good win to set us up for the start of the league season.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Will be down in Sunny Wales this weekend so I'm missing this one....after last weeks performance that can only be viewed as a plus.

This is a really important game for us...not just for this cup but also for the season ahead. We saw last week how Elgin played and Queens will setup the same. We'll see other teams in the first play like that and if we can't do the buisness agaisnt 2 third divsion sides...then I fear for the season ahead.

Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

I'll be there, as usual.

Will take a win of any kind as Queen's Park will be delighted with our performance last Saturday and will fancy themselves if we play like that.

MFR reported that DA confirms there will be squad changes for this Saturday. Hardly a surprise!
I would like to see Ketts get a start, against his old club.

With such a big squad a hope we make quite a few changes as a wake up call to the others!

I was planning staying up North a week for the Elgin and Queens Park games but after Saturday's performance I've made the wise move to head home.

Hopefully we win...

Another ex County coach that would love to put one over us. Gardner Speirs.

Im hoping that last week's performance will get a reaction from the players and hopefully.a few goals

Anything will be better than last weeks performance! Surely we can win this one. Let see some goals. Smile

will there be any singing at the match?

Or will the jailend be full of people talking about how they have spent their holidays?

(07-28-2011, 11:13 PM)tj_STAGS Wrote: will there be any singing at the match?

Or will the jailend be full of people talking about how they have spent their holidays?

Feel free to start the singing !

It always annoys me that people come on here, or stand up at public meetings and critisise the lack of vocal support that "The Jail End" gives, the "lack of songs" we have
Neither does the East or West Stands sing, or come up with any songs!

As for the Jail End, I could probably count on one hand the number of people in the Jail End who have on occasions over the last year who have started songs. Admittedly others will join in, but everyone has the ability to start the singing.

(07-29-2011, 07:16 AM)thejailender Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 11:13 PM)tj_STAGS Wrote: will there be any singing at the match?

Feel free to start the singing !

It always annoys me that people come on here, or stand up at public meetings and critisise the lack of vocal support that "The Jail End" gives, the "lack of songs" we have
Neither does the East or West Stands sing, or come up with any songs!

As for the Jail End, I could probably count on one hand the number of people in the Jail End who have on occasions over the last year who have started songs. Admittedly others will join in, but everyone has the ability to start the singing.

At what end did JLS and Ollie Murs sing?Huh

(07-27-2011, 10:40 PM)tj_STAGS Wrote: At the end of the day, Im hoping that last week's performance will get a reaction from the players and hopefully.a few goals

Fixed that for you.

We should win, but not convincingly. I would like to see Quinn, Kettlewell or Duncan, and Byrne to get some game time.

I don't really see what needed to be fixed with my post.

let's hope to win this one...I watched on sfl website the 2 goals conceded to elgin city...let's hope to improve both goals were a case of terrible defending (not only by defence...) I really hope to hear about a good game...let's see what is going to happen...